• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Futile move = Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Xbox-only exclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
The award for futile acquisition of the year goes to Microsoft for trying to score Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas to be an exclusive title for Xbox. Not a "timed-exclusive" mind you, but an Xbox-only title where PS2 and PC versions would only see oblivion.

Would Rockstar Games have caved in to wealthy smorgasboard of money hats? Of course not. Rockstar is wholly enamored with PS2 and being with Sony. It's just funny to think Microsoft would even consider and try such a stupid move.

Microsoft get a
supergay.gif
for effort.

Better luck tomorrow! :p

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Microsoft: We will buy GTA:SA if Rockstar allows us to
Microsoft: We will buy Nintendo if Yamuachi allows us to

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Kumiko Nikaido said:
The award for futile acquisition of the year goes to Microsoft for trying to score Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas to be an exclusive title for Xbox. Not a "timed-exclusive" mind you, but an Xbox-only title where PS2 and PC versions would only see oblivion.

Would Rockstar Games have caved in to wealthy smorgasboard of money hats? Of course not. Rockstar is wholly enamored with PS2 and being with Sony. It's just funny to think Microsoft would even consider and try such a stupid move.

Microsoft get a
supergay.gif
for effort.

Better luck tomorrow! :p

You mean Take 2 are enamoured with Sony right?

And i really dont think so, they might be enamoured with the money they make with Sony but if MS could have matched that i have no doubt they would have jumped ship, they already worked one deal with sony to get out of their contract to get the first two titles on Xbox. Take Two are purely driven teh money.

And are you saying this actually happened or is this just what you think would happen if MS tried their luck? can we get a source? I thought Rockstar were tied into making this game for sony in their deal announced 2 or 3 E3's ago.

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
element said:
ummm, where did it come out MS was trying for this?

I had a chat with an acquiantance of a guy who works for Rockstar. Basically he said Microsoft came a knockin' on their door one day to try to acquire GTA: San Andreas as an Xbox exclusive. As expected, Rockstar said, "Haha, yeah right.....move along home".

I even asked when the heck the Xbox version of GTA: San Andreas would come out. He said don't expect it for bit....probably sometime into next year.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Kumiko Nikaido said:
I had a chat with an acquiantance of a guy who works for Rockstar. Basically he said Microsoft came a knockin' on their door one day to try to acquire GTA: San Andreas as an Xbox exclusive. As expected, Rockstar said, "Haha, yeah right.....move along home".

I even asked when the heck the Xbox version of GTA: San Andreas would come out. He said don't expect it for bit....probably sometime into next year.

oh hey i talked to a guy who knew a guy who also knew some dude working at some office job who met a dude who worked at Rockstar, and ummm GTA: San Andreas is going to be GameCube only.

It wouldn't "hurt" for Iwata to call up Itagaki and ask if he'd be interested in making DoA Ultimate a Gamecube exclusive, but I can think of better things for him to be doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom