• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Help... Looking for a way to make all my Mp3's the same bitrate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motch

Alright,

So I'm currently looking at my winamp playlist and frankly, I have about 1000 songs that are all 320 kbps or higher... I really don't need them at this rate, so I'm looking for a [freeware] program that allows me to quickly change them down to 128 kbps (like all my other songs) without any or little hassle....

Thanks.

Motch

Okay, or not a freeware one... just need some help finding a way how to encode them all the same bitrate.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Redownload them.

De-encoding and re-encoding them is going to make them sound even shittier than they would at 128 normally.

fart

Savant
i'm pretty sure there's no way to do a lossless downsample with mp3. either direction's going to add noise

tenchir

I never noticed any difference when transcoding from 320k to 128k or from CD to 128k. From what I know of mp3 compression, the codec will remove any unnecessary or insignificant audio range that a human ear could pick up right?

nitewulf

yes, you're gonna have "loss" of information...but you wouldnt be adding noise, this is digital encoding/decoding, remember.

fart

Savant
no, my point is that i don't think there's any way to downsample without re-encoding. sorry, "lossless" is a bad choice of words. re-encoding will introduce more noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom