• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
From Spin Magazine:

111114-infographic-logo-2.png
Holy shit some of that is so goddamn accurate. The entire The Industry side is bang on except for Tyga in rappers your supposed to care about.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Holy shit some of that is so goddamn accurate. The entire The Industry side is bang on except for Tyga in rappers your supposed to care about.

Are you tripping? Rick Ross desprate?

Jadakiss/Busta sneaking on the radio like he don't belong?

French Montana having a moment?

The shit is stupid..

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Are you tripping? Rick Ross desprate?

Jadakiss/Busta sneaking on the radio like he don't belong?

French Montana having a moment?

The shit is stupid..
Desperate benefactors, people whoa are making light of their situations of where they stand in the industry. All of those make sense, except for maybe Ross cause he is relevant. (EDIT: They're probably referring to the Officer Ricky debacle, in which case yeah he made the most of that).

Jada and Busta sneak onto the radio even though their archetype of rapper is long forgotten in the mainstream and others of their breed have died out. Benefactors too to a degree.

Don't know much about French Montana, but his moment could end and I wouldn't even notice.

Seems fairly accurate.

Blackace

Desperate benefactors, people whoa are making light of their situations of where they stand in the industry. All of those make sense, except for maybe Ross cause he is relevant. (EDIT: They're probably referring to the Officer Ricky debacle, in which case yeah he made the most of that).

Jada and Busta sneak onto the radio even though their archetype of rapper is long forgotten in the mainstream and others of their breed have died out. Benefactors too to a degree.

Don't know much about French Montana, but his moment could end and I wouldn't even notice.

Seems fairly accurate.

Shit if you say it like that none of them but Diddy and Soulja/Lil B make sense.. Jeezy don't, Ross don't

Jada and Busta don't sneak onto the radio.. they get on the radio because they spit.

Seems fairly like an Onion article..

kamspy

Busta has spit the same verse on the last 17 remixes. It was pretty hot the first 10 times. Now I'm kinda waiting on more.

Tokubetsu

I'm with BlackAce on this one. That Spin image is pretty awful. P.O.S. is a hipster rap hold out, listed along side The Cool Kids? Hahah, yea, okay. Art-Damaged MCs? What the fuck does that even mean and why does it have Danny Brown listed along side Das Racist? Why is Das Racist on this again?

HiResDes

I'm with BlackAce on this one. That Spin image is pretty awful. P.O.S. is a hipster rap hold out, listed along side The Cool Kids? Hahah, yea, okay. Art-Damaged MCs? What the fuck does that even mean and why does it have Danny Brown listed along side Das Racist? Why is Das Racist on this again?
Brown toured with Das Racist and both are big fans of each other. They have also shared studio time, and are basically spiritually affiliated.

CRS

So going through RJD2's work. Man, I love his instrumentals on Magnificent City. All For U

I tried listening to the actual album (Aceyalone's) but I feel like he just got in the way.

JEKKI

lol @ guys who think it's still 1993.

I love those guys, but if it were still 93 then I wouldnt be able to have the new iphone.

So going through RJD2's work. Man, I love his instrumentals on Magnificent City. All For U

I tried listening to the actual album (Aceyalone's) but I feel like he just got in the way.

I love deadringer but I haven't really touched his other stuff. I think I might need to.

Edit: eff off with the false humility, sid. I doubt half of us would even dare step to the mic. You're good but I just don't feel the Second track.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Shits hotttttt... I actually like the second track more, beats really really good. You make the beats yourself (if so, what did you use to make them?)

Yeah both of these are beats I made. First was made with with Reason, the second was cobbled together a few years back with ejay and logic (I think, its been a while)

I actually think I might rerecord all the vocals on the first song, im still trying to gauge how I feel about how they came out

Oh man, heard the g-funk remix of Let Me Ride today. Dayum, I remember hearing a tad of it ages ago during some VH1 behind the music special, but never could find the song.

Rapper's Who've Sold Their Soul
Lupe Fiasco
Jay Electronica

Hits hard...Wonder where Cudi would fall under. He's not in the diagram from what I see. Maybe a Rappers Who Need To Go Back To Using Drugs

CRS

Rapper's Who've Sold Their Soul
Lupe Fiasco
Jay Electronica

Hits hard...Wonder where Cudi would fall under. He's not in the diagram from what I see. Maybe a Rappers Who Need To Go Back To Using Drugs

If it had to be one on there, I would say Cudi would fall under the Having Their Moments category.

Blackace

Oh, no, I was fooling around. Since it's SPIN magazine and my username shortened is "spin", I made it sound as if you were talking about me.

Well if it makes you feel better I trust your taste more than SPIN mag and you like Sonic for Godsake...

Never thought I'd side with Ken on anything, but Section 80 is definitely a better album than WTT IMO.

oh, Watch the throne? The first week I heard the album I thought it was fantastic, then the more I heard it the more I realized how it's just fluff bullshit that shouldn't be heard just once in a while. One can only hear 2 people rap about how rich and amazing their lives are for so long before puking

Blackace

Section 80 was great. WTT was a missed opportunity. Such a lazy effort.

My business partner from BK blacked on me for saying this Saturday night... but it is the truth. Jay doesn't have "it" anymore.. He was out rapped by Ye in a number of songs..

Should have been TI and Ye..

CRS

Well if it makes you feel better I trust your taste more than SPIN mag and you like Sonic for Godsake...
Shots fired.

So yeah, the Magnificent City Instrumentals just jumped really high on my all-time favorite albums. I wonder if there's a rapper that can do the beats justice.

Here & Now (Ignore the video)

My business partner from BK blacked on me for saying this Saturday night... but it is the truth. Jay doesn't have "it" anymore.. He was out rapped by Ye in a number of songs..

Jay getting outshined on a verse has been a common occurrence for some time now

Blackace

oh, Watch the throne? The first week I heard the album I thought it was fantastic, then the more I heard it the more I realized how it's just fluff bullshit that shouldn't be heard just once in a while. One can only hear 2 people rap about how rich and amazing their lives are for so long before puking

They don't have much to rap about.. I can't be mad at them for that. Ye could never claim the streets and Jay gets bitch slapped by Russian billionaires

Blackace

Jay getting outshined on a verse has been a common occurrence for some time now

Jay can still drop heat from time to time.. and getting outshined on song ain't shameful.. but getting outshined by Ye, for an entire album is..

Recon

Banned

Lift Off was a prime example of how far Jay has fallen. I know it was only like 6 bars, but...it was a painful 6 bars.

Acid08

Banned
what album is better?

Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Well Done.
Raekwon- Shaolin vs Wu-Tang
Cunninlynguists- Oneirology
Beastie Boys- Hot Sauce Committee Pt. 2
Tyler, The Creator- Goblin
Evidence- Cats & Dogs
Black Milk & Danny Brown- Black & Brown

Albums that still need to come out that will be better:

The Roots- Undun
Common- The Dreamer, The Believer

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Interesting, I feel the exact way about Section80.

But someone liking Section80 over WTT seems pretty tangible to me. I like WTT (it's in running for my AOTY alongside Section80) but part of my disappointment was it wasn't the album I wanted, it was the watered down version. The watering down included the inclusion of N****s in Paris and Illest Motherfucker Alive, the song of the year, which is great and all, but I wanted to hear that WTT 1.0 stuff.

I know WTT is good when I have to forcibly stop myself from listening to it so I don't kill it for myself.

Lift Off was a prime example of how far Jay has fallen. I know it was only like 6 bars, but...it was a painful 6 bars.
Oh god yes, probably one of the worst Jay verses ever.

HiResDes

Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Well Done.
Raekwon- Shaolin vs Wu-Tang
Cunninlynguists- Oneirology
Beastie Boys- Hot Sauce Committee Pt. 2
Tyler, The Creator- Goblin
Evidence- Cats & Dogs
Black Milk & Danny Brown- Black & Brown

Albums that still need to come out that will be better:

The Roots- Undun
Common- The Dreamer, The Believer

SMH at most of those, gotta say the nay no

Status
Not open for further replies.