• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this year is anything to go by, MOST of the albums I think will be at least decent in 2012 will disappoint and my year-end list will be filled with a bunch of stuff I didn't even expect. The only projects I'm expecting to live up to the hype are KRIT, Chico & The Man, and anything Action Bronson.

Jay Sosa

There is gonna be a new Blu/Exile album? Sheeeeeeeit now that is something I am hyped about (not some lame ass Lupe tape or Kanye album) Just listened to BTH a few days ago and that album is so ridiculously good. damn shame that it never got any attention outside of blogs and boards.

Strangely for the first time ever I'm not looking forward to the new nas album even though I liked his last few ones. But they were so all over the place, not necessarily in a bad way but there was some political track followed by a poppy song with Chris Brown on the hook. They sounded like the executive producer has no clue how to put together an album.

Oh and I really hope some of my mixtape favs will finally release retails. Like XV, Skewby, Freddie Gibbs, Le$ and so on.

Esch

Banned
Liquid Swords II is really a wildcard. You know there's the chance it's gonna be like the word of god out of the mouth of a toothless meth addict over some garbage leftover BGM. But it can also be the best thing ever. Who the hell knows...

if it's even as good as Grandmasters i'll consider it a complete success

BTW i would kill for a Gibbs/Kool G collab of any kind

Oh, almost forgot; OB4CL3 COULD HAPPEN IN '12. That would smoke every release, not even close.

Oh god, OB4CL1 and 2 are some of my favourite records. If this happened, again with some leftover Dilla beats, I'd lose my shit.

Idk, GZA has to be pretty confident to slap that title on an album. (The girl is Rosie Jones).

I'm just worried man, I saw him live in summer and he was the most unmotivated sack of meat I've ever seen on stage. I just don't want to get my hopes up just to see them be crushed. (thanks!)

In an hour long interview released this month, MF DOOM said that he's finished with his part of Madvillainy 2, he says that Madlib has to do the finishing touches. Which will probably be awhile because of Madlibs MADGIBBS project and his Medicine Show stuff.

Madlib is a workaholic though. We might see it sooner than we think.

if it's even as good as Grandmasters i'll consider it a complete success

Grandmasters is a great album for sure but it's definitely not the direction I want him to take in LSII.

Esch

Banned
Damn, the original Trunk Muzik is fucking awesome; I was missing out only listening to the re-issue

Yep, way better than 0-60. I wouldn't have minded plenty of those tracks getting a redressing for the album. Funny how that mixtape has better and higher profile features than the actual major label album, smh

Jay Sosa

Trunk Muzik 0-60 is bad? :C

I just ordered that today because you guys kept saying how awesome he is.

Had that tape but it (well the version I had) was almost unlistenable because the volume was so low and the mixing so bad.

The M.O.B

BOB_Epic_Every_Play_Is_Crucial-front-large.jpg

http://www.datpiff.com/BoB-EPIC-Every-Play-Is-Crucial-mixtape.288111.html

hmmm I liked his last mixtape, and the songs he leaked off this one were good so yeah.

Mixtape B.O.B> Album B.O.B

PBY

Banned
Trunk Muzik 0-60 is bad? :C

I just ordered that today because you guys kept saying how awesome he is.

Had that tape but it (well the version I had) was almost unlistenable because the volume was so low and the mixing so bad.

No, its definitely awesome; the tape you had is the original Trunk Muzik, which is way rougher than 0-60, but was cool for me to listen to since I hadn't heard a few tracks from it. Also, TM0-60 has motherfucking Daddy's Lambo. Still my fav Yelawolf song by far.

Okay N*ggas In Paris is alright... but doing it 7 fuckin times in one night.. what the hell.
At the NJ show that I was at they did it 3 times; and I would have gladly had them do it 10 more, shit was so hype.

overcast

There is gonna be a new Blu/Exile album? Sheeeeeeeit now that is something I am hyped about (not some lame ass Lupe tape or Kanye album) Just listened to BTH a few days ago and that album is so ridiculously good. damn shame that it never got any attention outside of blogs and boards.
Blu has gotten ridiculous lately, so I don't think I would put him anywhere near a Kanye album. Lupe makes sense obviously, but I have a better feeling about Lupe's next album whenever it comes out.
I'm just worried man, I saw him live in summer and he was the most unmotivated sack of meat I've ever seen on stage. I just don't want to get my hopes up just to see them be crushed. (thanks!)
Oh damn, really? Kind of makes sense. I will probably just listen to Liquid Swords with tears in my eyes if the 2nd one turns out awful.

Side note, I'm going through Overly Dedicated again. Really good tape actually, forgot about it. Michael Jordan is so good.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Trunk Muzik 0-60 was the best riding around music released in years. I just throw the tracks from the Trunk Muzik mixtape on their with them and made one super album. Thinking back, it was far and away my most listened to album last year.

overcast

Has Ab-Soul released anything else worth downloading besides Long Term Mentality? I don't even know where Turn Me Up came from.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Okay N*ggas In Paris is alright... but doing it 7 fuckin times in one night.. what the hell.

they should have released the WTT EP

1) Watch The Throne
2) N*ggas in Paris
3) Otis
4) N*ggas in Paris (G-Funk mix)
5) N*ggas in Paris (Gumbo mix)
6) N*ggas in Paris (Miles Davis Remix) Ft. Shock G

Oh damn, really? Kind of makes sense. I will probably just listen to Liquid Swords with tears in my eyes if the 2nd one turns out awful.Michael Jordan is so good.

Well, it was the last stop on their Wu Rebirth tour so maybe he was just worn out (he's getting old after all).

All this Yelawolf talk makes me want to check him out.

Edit: Listened to Pop the Trunk and Trunk Muzik, deffo not my kind of music :lol

Jay Sosa

Has Ab-Soul released anything else worth downloading besides Long Term Mentality? I don't even know where Turn Me Up came from.

Yeah Long Term 2, which is brilliant (and free) as well. He also released Long Term 1 before but I dunno if you can dl it anywhere.

Side note, I'm going through Overly Dedicated again. Really good tape actually, forgot about it. Michael Jordan is so good.

It..wow at that Sexy Rexy throw..where was I..oh right. That song almost made me don't like KL. His verses are just about some random bs and in the video he runs around like any other WC wannabe thug with a gold chain shopping jordans and whatnot, I stopped the video before Q came on (big mistake I know). Little did I know that this is his only track where he basically is just shitting around and he would become my most favorite artists in the last few years besides Mr. Krit. Now that I know that he was just having fun I enjoy that song but when I first heard it it really made the wrong impressions.

Finally a Raiders TD..

Jay Sosa

I love anything by Black Hippy especially the smoother stuff. Haven't heard a really bad track by any of their members.

And yeah Q always kills his guest spots. Love him on spiteful chant

HiResDes

Wait...were you being serious itt hires?

If so I'm sorry for poking fun, I thought it's some kind of joke.

I didn't think it was all too funny when it first happened, but even by the next day I began to really appreciate how amusing of a tale it really is, though more-so for others.

PBY

Banned
Honestly, I was kind of surprised by how many concerned replies I received.

Honestly dude I was worried (still am?) for you; if you ever feel that lonely or depressed again, don't feel the need to change your sexuality. Hit me up and come spend a weekend in NYC. But don't get in a cab w/ a rando dude haha.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Honestly, I was kind of surprised by how many concerned replies I received.
Dude, you've posted a lot of depressing stuff on GAF lol. It was kind of cool you could make light of the situation, but this is GAF-Hop. We care about you homie. You're our Amber Rose.

If your ever in Toronto, holla. We can chill and be lonely toge- oh wait that doesn't work. But really, wish the best for you man, from one foreveralone GAFer to the next.

Jay Sosa

Honestly dude I was worried (still am?) for you; if you ever feel that lonely or depressed again, don't feel the need to change your sexuality. Hit me up and come spend a weekend in NYC. But don't get in a cab w/ a rando dude haha.

lol..teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeebbbbbooooooooooooooooowwww
sorry for that.

But yeah we are all a bit worried hires, you seem seriously depressed the last few months or so.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Everything SPIN writes is wrong.. God please keep their drivel out of here

CRS

Double disk!

Andre's fluff fluff disk

and the real Outkast album
If it is a double disc album like they did with Love Below and Speakerboxxx, consider my hype dead. Either they work on it together or I won't even bother.

With Big Boi releasing his solo albums, hopefully that will helpthat the two of them work together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom