• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think I'm the only GAFer who will seriously have Finally Famous in my top 10. Bordering on "know."

inb4stoplikingwhatidontlike

PBY

Banned
I think I'm the only GAFer who will seriously have Finally Famous in my top 10. Bordering on "know."

I loved that album; 2nd best summer album this year, only behind the Cool Kids' album, which people CRIMINALLY slept on.

Kaizer

Banned

Nah, Finally Famous was fresh, other GAF-hoppers are missing out. No I.D. production was great and Sean is a decent lyricist, nothing to write home about but he made the beats work for him. *I DO IT DEFENSE FORCE*

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Finally Famous was embarrassingly bad. And ya'll should feel embarrassed for loving it. You should go flog thyselfs with leather strips.

I need to know wtf actually came out this year...

also waiting for B.o.B to drop tomorrow.

fuck yall.
Dude drops heatrocks

I might give FF an Honorable Mention if only for the beats and My House and I Do it.

Big Pedo is alright with me just probably not top 10.

CRS

Yeah, I only listened to that A$$ remix video and it left a really bad impression on me that I don't think i'll ever like anything he has done or will do ever again.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah, I only listened to that A$$ remix video and it left a really bad impression on me that I don't think i'll ever like anything he has done or will do ever again.

That's the only thing you've heard from Sean? Well, the rest of his stuff is in the same vein but that's a particularly obnoxious song of his. The rest of FF is better. 100 Keys is my shit.

overcast

What should I say? The album sucks, but I'm not going to call them assholes for it. But they should definitely feel bad for liking it regardless.

PBY

Banned
don't hate because you didn't Do It™ after that cab ride.

big-sean-chris-brown-dancing-o.gif

Finally Famous has great production.

Big Sean ruins damn near every single song with his cheesy lyrics and obnoxious persona.

Production is undeniable.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
you guys ever listen to french hip hop ?

Listened to a bit of MC Solaar when I was younger. I don't think the French language and accent lends itself very well to hip hop.

Big Sean is a fucking awful rapper. Cheesy as hell, no flow, no effort, no charisma. Just a fucking mess. No.I.D's production was top notch, but it doesn't matter when the person rapping on your beats ruin them by trying to be Kanye Light. How terrible are you when you try to impersonate an already half assed rapper and fail at it?

SoilBreak

Banned
AOTY
Section 80-Kendrick Lamar
Cunninlynguists- Oneirology
Return of 4 Eva- Big KRITT
Phonte - Charity Starts at Home
Curren$y- Covert Coup
Danny Brown & Black Milk- Black & Brown
XV - Zero Heroes

I don't even remember what's been released this year since I've spent the last weeks listening mostly to Dilla and Madlib. From the top of my head I'd say Elzhi's Elmatic is on top of my list, I know that tape by heart. W.A.R., WTT and Random Axe (was this 2011 or 2010? I have no idea) come to mind too but I'd have to sit down and think about the rest. Common and Roots tapes will most likely be in my top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom