• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Have y'all heard the Jeezy track with Em on the hook "Talk to Me"??? Dope... dope!!

I posted that like two days ago lol. Shit is hype, i hope the final version has a verse from Em though.

yeah I'm warming up to the hook, needs an Em verse though.

Best thing about the track to me is that really dark and grimy synth riff

e: holy shit, Just Like That is dope.

iavi

This new Space Ghost Purp track is hot as fuck. What's with dudes vox though? Is this his schtick or some shit?

Master Z

Is there a such thing as esoteric/spiritual rap? If so I'd be very appreciative to get some recommendations. Or if not deeply spiritual something with some substance, metaphorical, down to earth type of stuff. Something with a more organic sound to the production like so: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZT84kt9_uo

LP's that I've enjoyed this year:
Dessa - Castor, The Twin
Cunninlynguists - Oneirology
Hassaan Mackey & Apollo Brown - Daily Bread
Canadian Winter - Wait 'till February
Doomtree - No Kings

I'm probably gonna cop the new Roots LP.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jeezy has one of the best voices in rap.

I thought the Recession was pretty mediocre and still probably the apex of what Jeezy is capable of making as an entire release, but I'll be damned if I don't enjoy his singles.

Jeezy has one of the best voices in rap.

I thought the Recession was pretty mediocre and still probably the apex of what Jeezy is capable of making as an entire release, but I'll be damned if I don't enjoy his singles.
Recession has some fantastic beats on it too.
Got any Z-Ro fans in here?
Same thing that Yoda said...Last I heard of him was Let the truth be told, but i still go back to that every now and then.
Code:
We be screamin V L N S N V R D I E
Welcome to the Darkside, C'est la vie
We don't ever die, we just keep it G
We keep it gutter, we keep it gully

probably my favorite off that

hit the home studio for the first time since my last post....not sure if what i did will be on the Tyrant project or not but it may be my favorite beat + lyrics i've done, have I mentioned I hate the stale 16 bars + hook + 16 bars every song caters to?

Yes, yes my god.. DON CANNON MY GOD!

CIRCULATE CIRCULATE CIRCULATE CIRCULATE

Another Joe Budden fan on GAF? Is this real life?
*daps* My favorite off that album.
hit the home studio for the first time since my last post....not sure if what i did will be on the Tyrant project or not but it may be my favorite beat + lyrics i've done, have I mentioned I hate the stale 16 bars + hook + 16 bars every song caters to?

Yeah, I believe I did see you post something like that lol.

kamspy

You forgot the bridge.

PBY

Banned
I've been in a super shitty mood all week, because law school finals are a bitch and a half... but that Nujabes album has literally made me put all my worries aside as corny as it sounds. The dude was just on another level. RIP

PBY

Banned
Goddammit nujabes... i'm getting all nostalgic and shit listening to this album. Its fucking perfect. If it qualifies for AOTY voting, its definitely in my top 5. Sky is Tumbling is too good.

IrishNinja

its funny cause you made that thread

be happy its your happy ether day present

and what a fine gift it shall be

wait, for real @ ether day, this is when it dropped? didnt even know this was a thing. i gotta figure out how to celebrate.

Kuraudo

Banned
Funny you guys should mention Budden. Got dumped last night, so been spinning him today lol

Anyone got that comic with the guy hyped up to listen to Budden and he ends up in tears?

Jay Sosa

He had a couple years where I wasn't feeling some of his shit.. "The Omega" to be more specific.

His new shit is back to his original sounds though.. "Meth"

That's a bootleg by his old record company trying to make some money off him.

His own, real stuff is as awesome as always. Haven't bought his last one yet because I was a bit disappointed that my favorite track of 2010 isn't on it. Form what I heard it has outstanding production by Beanz'n'kornbread.

IrishNinja

Edit: OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
K7p66l.jpg

holy shit, i have a whole new theory on what happened to pac now.

also, suge stole the sonic 2 source code CONFIRMED

JackEtc

So after listening to People Under the Stairs' new album, "Highlighter" about 3 times completely straight through, I'm thinking it may be my AOTY.

20 great tracks, didn't want to skip one of them. PUTS's whole style of "feel good" music and being really upbeat makes them fun to listen to. Even after 8 albums, they still are putting out great music. While so many other artists are changing to appeal to the next generation of listeners and adjusting whatever they need to change to sell more copies, PUTS is still putting out real genuine hip-hop with a style that's hard to find these days.

Really recommend everyone give it a listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom