• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Gaga got talent, no doubt, but this whole persona came off as trying too hard from the start. Playing more to the wrong audience with her latest material only magnifies those issues.

Yo Gotti

Banned
Should 50 hang up the mic?

Seriously, hes shitting out throwaway tracks just to promote other shit, and this has been his schtick for the past few years, he's trying so hard to unnaturally, or forcefully recreate the hungry sound of his debut, which is pointless for any artist to try to do. It's clear his interests are elsewhere and music is an obligation or second thought at this point.

Although I didn't like it, Curtis was the evolution where he realized, oh fuck im rich and can't keep rapping about being hood anymore.. And then he did BISD (which I thought was good, but a step in the wrong direction). And now he has an identity crisis. Do I do europop? Do I do the hood shit? Both of which are wrong answers.

[/spoiler]

He should hang it up, or try to make some real music that he can relate to. He's still a capable artist but I think, that he thinks that his legacy traps him creatively. IMO he needs to dump his old fanbase who just wants hard, corny raps and try something new. He's outgrown that image.

That'll probably never happen tho, on top of his personal reasons his record label probably wants him to keep pumping out that fake thug garbage.

JackEtc

Normally i wouldnt give a shit about a pop singer, but what is irritating is gaga fans think she is some musical genius. But honestly, she is a third rate madonna clone with mental problems. Amy Winehouse was leagues better, plus my sexy chunk-O-white chocolate puts her to shame.
I know the fans you are talking about, and I agree they can be irritating. It's why I don't really associate with anyone that's a hardcore Gaga fan that isn't a part of GagaGAF, who are a pretty cool and down to earth group of people. PLUS, they aren't 14, they know how to spell, and they recognize talent that isn't Gaga, which are all things the fans we both avoid lack.

I never really got into Winehouse, B2B came out when I was like 12, I was still listening to Linkin Park back then. And I know 90% of the time she looks like a sith lord, but Gaga is pretty damn cute in my book. Also pre-Gaga Stefani is gorgeous, she should have stayed brunette (#1, #2, #3).
She's complete dogshit and the most irritating pop singer going today.
:(
But I still love you like a fat kid loves cake.
7rjAV.png

<3
I can personally attest that she does make for a killer Halloween costume, though...>_>

It's embarrassing how badly the Game hangs on Dre's nuts and yet he can't get one single beat from the dude...lololol

he even named his second damn album Doctor's Advocate

Recon

Banned
I know the fans you are talking about, and I agree they can be irritating. It's why I don't really associate with anyone that's a hardcore Gaga fan that isn't a part of GagaGAF, who are a pretty cool and down to earth group of people. PLUS, they aren't 14, they know how to spell, and they recognize talent that isn't Gaga, which are all things the fans we both avoid lack.

I never really got into Winehouse, B2B came out when I was like 12, I was still listening to Linkin Park back then. And I know 90% of the time she looks like a sith lord, but Gaga is pretty damn cute in my book. Also pre-Gaga Stefani is gorgeous, she should have stayed brunette (#1, #2, #3).

:(

7rjAV.png

<3
I can personally attest that she does make for a killer Halloween costume, though...>_>

She does really look a lot better with longer brown hair. Her short blonde hair brings attention to her hideous nose.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Shuffling through my library today, who knew that WAYNE and SWIZZY could cook up Dear Anne (Stan Pt. 2) in 2011. I wish Wayne would do more of this shit. I can't even say it sounds like old Wayne cause it doesn't, but it's still great.

Recon

Banned
Shuffling through my library today, who knew that WAYNE and SWIZZY could cook up Dear Anne (Stan Pt. 2) in 2011. I wish Wayne would do more of this shit. I can't even say it sounds like old Wayne cause it doesn't, but it's still great.

I could use a whole album of this kind of wayne. A dark and moody vibe would be fucking great. I dont think Wayne could do it, he would spontaneously break into Lolipop or How To Love at some point.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
The meat of this undun record is hot shit. The opening verse of Kool On is the most unfuckwithable shit I heard in years.

DAMN IT FELT GOOD TO SEE PEOPLE UP ON IT

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
What the fuck happened to Fashawn after Grizzly City? I really became a fan off of that one, but he's been putting out straight trash since that tape.

overcast

I'm not hating on them particularly, but it's extremely angering when people at my school talk about them as if they are on the same level as someone like Jay-Z, and then at the same time have no idea who Nas or the Wu-Tang Clan is when I tell them what I'm listening to while working in the computer lab.
They really don't know who the Wu are? Surprised. Kids were all over Miller's nuts when I was at school. Just HS stoner kids.

Why do most casual rap listeners HATE Yelawolf. Dude has a hell of a flow and is a great technical rapper. My brother doesn't even bother with him, even after i recommend him. Then again, he is on that "only old school/some underground" shit.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
They really don't know who the Wu are? Surprised. Kids were all over Miller's nuts when I was at school. Just HS stoner kids.

Why do most casual rap listeners HATE Yelawolf. Dude has a hell of a flow and is a great technical rapper. My brother doesn't even bother with him, even after i recommend him. Then again, he is on that "only old school/some underground" shit.

I've had the opposite experience, all the casual fans I've introduced to his music love him. Although the vast majority are women. My ex actually sent me a text the other day saying she was going to marry him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom