• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit at Undun fucking great album.
Getting the iTunes version as we speak.

Thanks for the recommendations from yesterday, guys. It turned a boring Saturday into something cool. It pretty much forced me to listen to L.A. Riot and Arms & Hammers which were both in my backlog. Both are great albums.

X.O. Experience was pretty beast as well. I wouldn't mind checking out some more of The Liks/The Alkaholiks.

Recon

Banned
Listening to that new Nujabes....man...This is such uplifting music. Im only on the first track, but this feels like a start to something incredible.

PBY

Banned
it's better then LiveLove?

I wouldn't say so; Its in the same broad genre, but SpaceGhostpurrp has a more low-fi sound, and his raps are more about swag haha

Heres a link
http://www.mediafire.com/?na5h4daajjax26r
SPVCXGHXZTPVRRP_SPACEGHOSTPURRP_Blvcklvnd_Rvdix-front-large1.jpg

CRS

So after listening to People Under the Stairs' new album, "Highlighter" about 3 times completely straight through, I'm thinking it may be my AOTY.

20 great tracks, didn't want to skip one of them. PUTS's whole style of "feel good" music and being really upbeat makes them fun to listen to. Even after 8 albums, they still are putting out great music. While so many other artists are changing to appeal to the next generation of listeners and adjusting whatever they need to change to sell more copies, PUTS is still putting out real genuine hip-hop with a style that's hard to find these days.

Really recommend everyone give it a listen.

+1

Esch

Banned
Kno is a genius but he sometimes comes across as emo as fuck, type of guy who is just miserable to be around.

he did make an album about dying and another one about sleeping

also new Nujabes is the best posthumous album ever

HiResDes

Okay so new Roots, new People Under the Stairs, and new Nujabes...Now if only Add-2 would stop fucking around I'd be able to seal up my top ten.

Btw, I randomly threw on ScienZe's older album Her Favorite Subject and it hit me harder possibly than it ever had before...But maybe that's because I'm a bit lovesick

Recon

Banned
Okay so new Roots, new People Under the Stairs, and new Nujabes...Now if only Add-2 would stop fucking around I'd be able to seal up my top ten.

Btw, I randomly threw on ScienZe's older album Her Favorite Subject and it hit me harder possibly than it ever had before...But maybe that's because I'm a bit lovesick

That one is special to me also.

Honestly I can't believe people are defending Nujabes rappers. They suck. Full stop. Are you guys sure you aren't just giving them a pass cause they're rapping over Nujabes?

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™

i actually got into add 2 because of you. i still have to thank you for that.

Throavium

Lol, I am nowhere near saying that the verses on Nujabes' albums suck, but I don't care for them. My example of an album that does this a little better is Jay Stay Paid, almost every feature is good.

Madlib does this too sometimes though, it's called "amazing producer makes an album with mediocre rappers on it".

HiResDes

I remember I resorted to saying such things as Add-2>Lupe just to try and get more people on the bandwagon...It's funny how it started out as a joke, and now well it's not much of a joke.

Recon

Banned
I remember I resorted to saying such things as Add-2>Lupe just to try and get more people on the bandwagon...It's funny how it started out as a joke, and now well it's not much of a joke.

Lupe did it to himself. He could of been one of the greats if he continued doing stuff like F&L and The Cool. I think LupEND would of been insane.

CRS

Haven't posted a Top 10 yet but I'll probably have Cunninlynguists, Big K.R.I.T., Milo, Roots, PUTS, Nujabes, Jonwayne, TiRon & Ayomari, and Curren$y & Alchemist somewhere in the there and not in that order. Need to look though my recently added to see what I might have missed.

And speaking of PUTS, finally got my Highlighter LP in the mail and it is gorgeous.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kno is a genius but he sometimes comes across as emo as fuck, type of guy who is just miserable to be around.
Yeah, the IM GONNA QUIT MUSIC BECAUSE FANS ARE AIRING OUT MY SAMPLES shit was pretty lame too. Any artist that threatens fans is a prick in my book.

CRS

Did Pac Div's Mania get released this year? If it did, that's up there for Top 10 too. Dat album cover.

Highlighter LP pics are on their way.

I remember that shit.

I was there defending Lupe.

Good times. Well, thanks to that I did discover Add-2 and I bump tracks like Black Out every now and then.

I've spun Undun several times and I'm on a first listen Spiritual State. Both are so, so good. Still, Oneirology remains supreme. Not a final list, but my AOTY stuff would go like:

1. Oneirology
2. Follow Me Home
3. Undun/Spiritual State

iavi

Lupe on some reverse-super saiyan shit. The longer his hair gets, the weaker he is. He'd put out an A tier tape if he went and got a clean cut, money is on it.

CRS

Lupe on some reverse-super saiyan shit. The longer his hair gets, the weaker he is. He'd put out an A tier tape if he went and got a clean cut, money is on it.

He's got Trunks' mentality. Bigger/buffer != stronger and better in battle.

I remember first hearing of Add-2 when hiphopDX was sporting him out way back when I was in HS.
Whats a good mixtape by him?

CRS

I've been saying that his hair, indoor shades, and lack of skateboard have been the demise of him for a couple of months too.

Back to Add-2, I have Tale of Two Vol. 2 & 4 in my library and still need to listen to them. Will probably fix that tonight now.

The longer his hair gets and the darker his shades get, the more Lupe isn't Lupe anymore...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom