• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca

I just imagine Lupe in like 20 years, still hasn't had a hair cut doing small time festivals around the world preaching like a crazy person, acting like he changed the world.

PBY

Banned
Did Pac Div's Mania get released this year? If it did, that's up there for Top 10 too. Dat album cover.

Highlighter LP pics are on their way.

you know pac div dropped an actual album this year right? just making sure you knew it was out... it was pretty awesome too btw

HiResDes

I remember first hearing of Add-2 when hiphopDX was sporting him out way back when I was in HS.
Whats a good mixtape by him?

If I rank them without my rose-tinted glasses on, 4>2>3

But if rank them how I would personally, 2>4>3

4 has a certain wow factor and really shows Add-2's versatility, as he flirts with a certain previously unseen aggression. It has the biggest highs, but maybe lacks the cohesion and charm of Vol. 2.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I just imagine Lupe in like 20 years, still hasn't had a hair cut doing small time festivals around the world preaching like a crazy person, acting like he changed the world.
Lupe in 5 years is Immortal Technique if he doesn't get his shit together soooo...

R.I.P. Lupe.

Undun is so beautiful. ;-;
Reminds me a lot of Death is Silent in theme, which really shoulda been expected.
Strong contender for top AotY. This album really hit me.

iavi

I'm going through Thurz's "LA Riot" now. I saw somebody give it as a rec a few posts back, Spins impressions, and then remembered that it's been sitting slept on in my backlog for a minute now. And I have to say, this album is hype as fuck. The production compliments his aggressiveness/theme perfectly. "Two Clips" and "Rodney King" go so hard.

I'm going through Thurz's "LA Riot" now. I saw somebody give it as a rec a few posts back, Spins impressions, and then remembered that it's been sitting slept on in my backlog for a minute now. And I have to say, this album is hype as fuck. The production compliments his aggressiveness/theme perfectly. "Two Clips" and "Rodney King" go so hard.

It's going in my top 10 for sure.....Simply like it way too much to not include it. Next couple of weeks going to be running through a lot of albums and such since I'll have a lot of time on my hands.

iavi

Next couple of weeks going to be running through a lot of albums and such since I'll have a lot of time on my hands.

I'm getting that done right now. I've done a pretty good job of keeping up as the year went on, but I've still got a good few releases that need a listening to. After Thurz, I'm going to give T&A's "A Sucker for Pumps" a good spin, and after that "The Div." Fun times ahead.

grkazan12

Wasn't sure if I was allowed to post this or not, but here it goes. My friend who's been working really hard as a musician and a producer has just released his first mixtape and it's not bad. It's a mix of different styles, imo not bad. It's a bunch of instrumentals and he's looking for anyone to listen to it and of you like it feel free to download it. It's not a bad debut.

The Melodeez - Instrumentals

IrishNinja

congrats Macca!

Honestly I can't believe people are defending Nujabes rappers. They suck. Full stop. Are you guys sure you aren't just giving them a pass cause they're rapping over Nujabes?

i prolly have different standards given hydeout and how small the camp is, but again, CYNE can be good (kinda hit/miss sometimes for me), Substantial and Parse Rock are legitimately good for me. some of Fat Jon's crew are so-so, but it's rarely bad enough to deter me, and if so, almost every track with vocals has an instrumental if you look around.

that said, listening to Roots Undun right now (so good), trying to save Nujabes for later, or tomorrow/night off when i can blaze to it and get emotional and shit.

iavi

spaceghostpurrp's sampling of mortal kombat on Blvcklvand Rvdix along with that cover art is cracking me the fuck up. This shit's hilarious.

Beezy

Okay so new Roots, new People Under the Stairs, and new Nujabes...Now if only Add-2 would stop fucking around I'd be able to seal up my top ten.

Btw, I randomly threw on ScienZe's older album Her Favorite Subject and it hit me harder possibly than it ever had before...But maybe that's because I'm a bit lovesick

Never thought I'd see ScienZe mentioned on here. Went to a house party of his last month. He's a cool dude.

CRS

Playing Skyward Sword right now (GOTY), currently in Lanayru's Mining Facility, and I swear someone should sample the song and turn it in a grimey beat. I'm already getting the urge to rob someone and stab a few people in the back.

iavi

I'm still waiting for someone to grime out the Song of Storms. I've heard it sampled time and time again, but nothing dirty.

Recon

Banned
Playing Skyward Sword right now (GOTY), currently in Lanayru's Mining Facility, and I swear someone should sample the song and turn it in a grimey beat. I'm already getting the urge to rob someone and stab a few people in the back.

I guess SS can be GOTY, because Skyrim cannot win Game Of The Decade and GOTY, it wouldnt be fair.

IrishNinja

damn, we're at the exact same part!
i just got the luigi's mansion vacuum thing
, can't wait to get back to it tomorrow night.

I guess SS can be GOTY, because Skyrim cannot win Game Of The Decade and GOTY, it wouldnt be fair.

such a quaint way to spell Dark Souls!

You're all nuts, that clearly belongs to Witcher 2. Which leads me to the conclusion that this was the year of swords and castles and shit.

Macca

My god. Undun is amazing. As someone who only enjoyed liked How I got Over, but only went back to a few tracks, this is outstanding. I seriously cannot believe how good it is.

Esch

Banned
I gushed over Witcher 2 and Skyrim was just better. I daresay it's the best open world game i've ever played despite its flaws.

Recon

Banned
damn, we're at the exact same part!
i just got the luigi's mansion vacuum thing
, can't wait to get back to it tomorrow night.

such a quaint way to spell Dark Souls!

Console Peasants and games exclusive to them are not deemed worthy enough to ever have GOTY.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Skyrim is GOTY. Period. Saying otherwise just makes you a fool.

siddx

Batman was a great game. Skyrim is GOTY. There is no debate here, argument over, get back to talking about hip hop.

IrishNinja

here are people who said things which were wrong.

Console Peasants and games exclusive to them are not deemed worthy enough to ever have GOTY.

Skyrim is GOTY. Period. Saying otherwise just makes you a fool.

Listening to the Roots album....jesus, this singing is ridiculously weak

to balance this thread with right opinions:

yeah... darksouls over skyrim all day.

Skyrim combat is on par with Minecraft.

i admit to not having yet played Skyrims! but objectively, in my heart, i know Yakuza 4 was a better game. come at me, gentlemen.

Batman was a great game. Skyrim is the buggiest game this year (BGOY). There is no debate here

fixed, friend.

Recon

Banned
No Batman's in here? Y'all mislead little souls.

I played through Arkham Asylum 2 weeks before Arkham City, and AC felt really repetitive and not as tight.

yeah... darksouls over skyrim all day.

I dont fucks with Console exclusives. If you want to be exclusive to peasant gaming machines,you already lost.

You are playing it wrong then. Combat is very satisfying. Sword and Board fucks shit up.

Macca

Did anyone listen to Wake Up? Listening to Undun made me think of John Legend, then I realised I never checked it out. Any good?

CRS

Hahahahahaha. I haven't touched Skyrim yet and I doubt that I ever will in the near future. Only played a few hours of Oblivion too. But seriously, Skyward Sword, great fucking game. Living up to the hype.

siddx

here are people who said things which were wrong.

to balance this thread with right opinions:

i admit to not having yet played Skyrims! but objectively, in my heart, i know Yakuza 4 was a better game. come at me, gentlemen.

fixed, friend.

You haven't played it then you can't say anything. Cease doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom