• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
I felt Goblin was incredibly poor. The production wasnt good. And i feel im too old for shock rap, especially uninteresting ones

I think Tyler's a good rapper in general- but I really hate his beats. His guest features on pusha Ts and the games album were awesome tho

njean777

I felt Goblin was incredibly poor. The production wasnt good. And i feel im too old for shock rap, especially uninteresting ones

I am in the exact same boat, I will listen to old eminem if I want shock rap, but even old eminem SSLP has some substance and clearly is satire most of the time.

JEKKI

Since everyone's doing their end of the year release-catch ups, I have to pimp this again. So damn good.

01T3-300dpi.jpg
yeah that's on my pickup list!!

I got the new iphone and it lets u make lists with it!!!

Im gonna pick it up next week when yU and Chico & The Man come out!!

waiting til next week to listen to Roots too, rite now Im really diggin Doomtree!!!

41ilvNONmIL._SS500_.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWDHxK_HfOw

it's a pretty good record. Better than Statik Selektah & Action Bronson, the other album Im listening to now.

PBY

Banned
Final Top Ten....I'll figure out the order later...

ibiDzDIZ2djyLZ.jpg

WTT isn't on there cuz I presume you have it in a class of its own right? just making sure.

edit: Just saw it haha, my browser window cut it off for some reason. props on putting camp in your top 10 too

IrishNinja

That is the problem with Goblin for me, its all anger, no substance, all shock. I like angry songs sometimes, but Goblin was just pure anger and nothing more. It really bothered me after about the 4th track and I haven't ever listened to it since. I like Tyler, but I wish he would make songs about other emotions other then anger.

it's definitely that, but again, i'm in the mood for that during said activities. i dont really make the distinction for "substance" or satire that ya'll are doing for early em, shit's the same for me. gravediggaz, however...

but yeah, BURN SHIT FUCK SCHOOL etc is a bit much sometimes, i just go to the next track. it works a lot better in a mix with other shit than just listening to them all in one sitting, ive a few albums like that.

i liked bastard more than goblin. but i only gave goblin a brief listen, i may go back to it.

oh yeah, i thought bastard was almost unquestionably better.

And i feel im too old

heh, agreed.
persoanlly, i think dude's production is kinda cool if its really just him. there's way worse posted around here, i think.

i think it had to do with earl leaving.

yup, this was obvious, he even said as much a number of times. also missed having Earl on some tracks, Bastard really benefited from that i thought.

Bishman

Goblin was terrible to me. Tyler is not a good rapper to me. And if you guys are going to pimp releases that people may have overlooked... post a youtube link. We are all lazy. :p

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Wax's "Rosana" may end up being my favorite song of the year, it's just so goddamn catchy. I've probably listened to it 30 times since I downloaded the tape.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Wildlife EP over Bad Time Zoo? interesting.. didn't think i'd see that making anybody's top tens. nice. (wildlife and btz) will be in mine. ;).

I haven't given Bad Time Zoo a proper listen, but Wildlife has been on constant rotation since I got it. Not a bad track on that thing.

coldvein

Banned
I haven't given Bad Time Zoo a proper listen, but Wildlife has been on constant rotation since I got it. Not a bad track on that thing.

yeah, it's fantastic. give btz a shot when you've got time, think you'll dig it as well.

edit: in fact, i insist you give BTZ a couple thorough listens. it and wildlife are kinda like companion pieces. i listened to bad time zoo more than any record this year by quite a large margine.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
So I've narrowed my top 20 songs of the year to..umm..76 songs. Maybe a top 50 would work better.

Kwixotik

On the topic of Goblin, I hated it too. "Radicals" is just... I don't know if he can redeem himself after that.

Odd Future, Wolf Gang
We came together cause
we ain't had nobody else. Do you?
You might just be one of us. Are you?

Words cannot describe the facepalm that brought out in me.

IrishNinja

On the topic of Goblin, I hated it too. "Radicals" is just... I don't know if he can redeem himself after that.

Words cannot describe the facepalm that brought out in me.

that track's a weak point for the album, again, but...weird line to focus everything on. it's not even the first time i wanna say ive heard tyler/OF say shit like that either.

Kwixotik

that track's a weak point for the album, again, but...weird line to focus everything on. it's not even the first time i wanna say ive heard tyler/OF say shit like that either.

It just comes off as cheesy as hell to me. It makes it hard to take his music seriously.

Listening to the Slaughterhouse album again. It's funny how 2 years ago I thought they're gonna "save" hip-hop. It's still great but it sadly didn't make a great splash. Oh well...

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Some cool shit,

My cousin, who I talk a lot about on here and try to get you guys to listen to,is quickly catching on and just recently received some some love from Kevin Durant from the Ok city thunder. KD is also going to send him some beats to see if my Cousin will use them for his upcoming album.

@KDTrey5
Kevin Durant
@waldorfsfinest Tsu surf, he niiice
3 hours ago via Echofon

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I just need to stop all of the AOTY/Tyler/whatever talk right now and say...

35fsoy.jpg

BlackWaltz

lotta black folks here
Have really only started keeping up with the GAF-Hop thread recently, what was GAF's opinion of Vast Aire's OX 2010: A Street Odyssey?

overcast

Yup.

Undun- 7.3
BasedGod Velli- 7.8

SOUNDS BOUT RIGHT
Goddamn son.

Undun is definitely top 10, as is No Kings. Those are the most recent additions to the list.

Need to listen to Sims Wildlife/BTZ, Wax, Daily Bread. Waiting on Q and Common obviously. Also need to re-listen to a few albums.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Yeah...Spiritual State has somehow become even more awesome since listening to it when I first got it onto my iPod. I can listen to it from track 1 to 14 without needing to skip any. The fact that there are only 4 songs with rapping on it really helps that, and I love all of those songs so really, it's just great.

IrishNinja

Yeah...Spiritual State has somehow become even more awesome since listening to it when I first got it onto my iPod. I can listen to it from track 1 to 14 without needing to skip any. The fact that there are only 4 songs with rapping on it really helps that, and I love all of those songs so really, it's just great.

AOTY, if Com ends up with a close 2nd in my book, it'll be an awesome year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom