• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

gambatte, spin-chan! all the rest of you students, too. cram the shit out of these weeks, then it's all booze, free food and the games you've sat on when it's over.

posted in the jazz-hop thread, but while i was still on spiritual state - anyone else feel city lights is kinda like the spiritual successor to thieves in the night or respiration that black star couldn't do? just the vibe i got, moreso the former.

Tokubetsu

fCmW1.jpg

Always forget about this album. Good shit, as good as Boy Meets World and from way back in the day (2009) when an album with ALC wasn't the hip thing to do.

bakeray

Undun and Spiritual State are so good that I don't think I'd mind if I didn't get any other Christmas presents this year.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Sigh.

Good luck with finals, guys. Shit's ridiculous. 3 papers, two really important finals. I'll be a ghost in two weeks.

Sucks man. I got it easy this semester, 5 classes and none of them I really have to stress about this week, because 3 of them had major group projects that are already in the bag and the other two I actually kept pace with all semester. So yea, I probably did pretty bad on this exam I just had this morning, but I'm not even bothered. School has got me too strung out to care about this kind of shit, less than a year left to go thank god.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
good luckkkkk- just be glad you bitches arent in law school. shit is the most stressful thing ever
Yeah you must have it rough. My brother just finished law school and even after he's got a gang of equivalency exams to do in January cause he did it in the UK. Shit never ends.

GL again to all the GAFers going through the struggle ATM.

Kimosabae

Banned
So my annual fall-winter season depression has kicked in, and I've found myself not liking much of anything. Haven't been paying attention to hip hop news hardly at all very little of my go to artists are inspiring me right now. For anyone that knows the type of shit that I'm into, have I potentially missed anything in the passed 3 months or so that I might like?

PBY

Banned
So my annual fall-winter season depression has kicked in, and I've found myself not liking much of anything. Haven't been paying attention to hip hop news hardly at all very little of my go to artists are inspiring me right now. For anyone that knows the type of shit that I'm into, have I potentially missed anything in the passed 3 months or so that I might like?

sorry about your depression; you're gonna have to help me out with the type of artists that you generally like- examples?

PBY

Banned
Qwel, Aesop Rock, Immortal Technique, El-P, Kendrick, Jay Elec, Mos Def etc. All the "backpack" stuff.
kk.. Hmm...

Maybe listen to Doomtree's No Kings. Immortal Technique put out a new album, but I'm not really a fan of his so I didn't listen/can't really comment on it.

People Under the Stairs' new album is pretty upbeat/happy if your looking for something less serious.

As far as depression goes, Nujabes always helps me out; check out Spiritual State.

edit: another album that I use when I'm down is Panacaea's The Scenic Route. There a Mind on a Ship Through Time might even be better come to think about it- go listen to both of those. Old but AMAZING albums.
youtube example for the lazy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDomi_F6IjM

Kimosabae

Banned
Yeah, I've heard about Doom and Nujabes, dropping albums and already copped 'The Martyr'. I've heard a few tracks off that Panacea album and completely forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me. Probably gonna check those out.

kamspy

Man. This album changed the game for me. I can't think of another cable that came out and just deafened the rest of the industry. This was that new shit to an unbelievable degree.

Some of you younger bucks might not appreciate the gravity this record brought with it when it came out. There was nothing like it at the time, and there was complete and total saturation.

0QvUb.jpg

Esch

Banned
just fucked a histology lab final so hard. resting on my laurels(till monday's lecture final).

lessss goooooooo

Jay Sosa

So my annual fall-winter season depression has kicked in, and I've found myself not liking much of anything.

Well theres lots of other genre to listen to, I rediscovered fun punk and rock. Nothing like driving to work early morning singing Blink 182 songs :D

DominoKid

1 final down, 2 more to go

been listening to Setbacks again on yalls recommendation

nooooooooooot really feeling it like that. i like maybe half the songs. he needs to rap on some Figg Get The Money (reminds me of Illmatic) shit more.
but i'm not feeling the beats. a lot of these sound better for kendrick.

it's kinda hard for me to see this as the same dude who fucked up Brand New Guy. I guess being around the ASAP mob brought the swagger out of him.

i'm a little curious how long ago Setbacks was recorded.

really hope HNC is better.

Esch

Banned
Follow me home is better.

I also think you might like it more as well.

Also kams thank you for inspiring me to listen to Creepin on ah right now. this is exactly what i need

HiResDes

Follow Me Home is definitely not better, I don't even understand how someone can think that...Did you hear the flow on some of those tracks, Druggys Wit Hoes is incredible

Jay Sosa

can somebody tell me where I can get Return of 4eva? Is it a release or a mix tape?

free tape.

http://i.imgur.com/fCmW1.jpg

Always forget about this album. Good shit, as good as Boy Meets World and from way back in the day (2009) when an album with ALC wasn't the hip thing to do.[/QUOTE]

woah dl right now. Love both of em and always a fan of one mc one producer albums.

Edit: I thought when quoting the image gets resized automatically?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom