• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Community. I like consoles, i just dont possess any. I havnt heard enough of Rocky to know much more than he is mediocre. I do hate me some WTT and Lil B. Add in Flocka/Gucci/Plies.

You make it so hard for me to understand you~

Now to stir up some controversy: Gutter Water is better than WTT. Ransom is better than N in Paris.

kamspy

I think the KRIT verse really ices the cake on that Roots album. A rare case of one feature tangibly making an entire album better.

PBY

Banned

PBY

Banned
PushaT_XXL_DoinLines-600x867.jpg

From XXL- it was posted on Pusha's official website, so I figured Id repost here. DAT NEW CLIPSE ALBUMMMMM

I had high hopes for Pusha's solo stuff. Okay lyricist, and he's backed by Kanye only to release two mediocre mixtapes. I remember the first Fear of God suffering from bad mixing too: it didn't sound too good even on my headphones.

If it's any consolation, I did like tracks like My God and Blow.

This guy knows what's up. Something about Hendricks' red hair does for me though and I don't normally like red heads. Funny too cause I don't think she's a natural redhead.
Dem nudes, bro.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I had high hopes for Pusha's solo stuff. Okay lyricist, and he's backed by Kanye only to release two mediocre mixtapes. I remember the first Fear of God suffering from bad mixing too: it didn't sound too good even on my headphones.

Yeah.. Pusha put out some bangers across the two tapes though.

But the bad mixing is especially prevalent on Amen on FoGII. That song is a certified banger and is kind of ruined by atrocious mixing.

CRS

Safe to assume that coke rap is dead? I mean, new Mobb Deep didn't make that big of a splash, if at all.

DominoKid

This season has been. Besides last weeks episode, that one was funny. I really liked the last two seasons.

it started out slow but this season's been on fire the last 4 or 5 episodes.

plus, like mentioned earlier, it has the Chaos Theory ep which is the GOAT Community ep.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Wait, so what genre is Danny Brown supposed to be in, and is the consensus that his shit was dope? I'm just clarifying before I continue listening to this.

overcast

Wait, so what genre is Danny Brown supposed to be in, and is the consensus that his shit was dope? I'm just clarifying before I continue listening to this.
His shit is dope. Not sure where I would file him specifically. He's rap... But he's sick and twisted. Don't forget that.

I watched season 1 of Community, shit was great. Never caught up though.

I label all my shit Hip-Hop.

My cousin is one of those cats that think "Rap" and "Hip-Hop" are two different genres. I used to think that way too. "Hip-Hop" is the more conscious shit while "Rap" is the hype music/etc.

It's all different flavors of Hip-Hop in my book. Rapping is the verb form.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I label all my shit Hip-Hop.

My cousin is one of those cats that think "Rap" and "Hip-Hop" are two different genres. I used to think that way too. "Hip-Hop" is the more conscious shit while "Rap" is the hype music/etc.

It's all different flavors of Hip-Hop in my book. Rapping is the verb form.

yep. this.

Dem nudes, bro.

When he was still with Malice I thought he was one of the best lyricists out( though still not better than Malice), especially considering the music that was being dropped then. His solo stuff has been kinda weak but he still has gems out there.

When he was still with Malice I thought he was one of the best lyricists out( though still not better than Malice), especially considering the music that was being dropped then. His solo stuff has been kinda weak but he still has gems out there.

That probably sounded as if I was belittling Pusha's lyricism. He's a great MC, and in fact (even though it isn't saying much), he's probably the strongest in GOOD Music right now. Or #2 under Common.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Okay. Just wondering what GAF-Hop thought.
Same, I don't even understand the genre question, shit is rap/hip-hop all the way...What the fuck are you on
Don't play like one genre cannot have different genres (or categories) within it. Wacka Flocka Flame is rap/hip hop, and so are The Roots, but I wouldn't classify them in the same way.

Speaking of the Roots, I can't wait to move on to Undun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom