• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

kamspy said:
OK yeah. That dude has no business having an album full of Kno beats. WTF.

I'd throw an extra dollar their way for the instrumental version.
Guy isn't a bad rapper, just painfully average. I have to agree. The beats are constantly on point.

Cudder

kamspy said:
OK yeah. That dude has no business having an album full of Kno beats. WTF.

I'd throw an extra dollar their way for the instrumental version.
Kno usually has their instrumentals up on Bandcamp.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
EschatonDX said:
dat shit is cray....

Z7zXe.gif

tmdorsey

Guess I will try to answer the OP questions.

1.Late Registration>College Dropout>Graduation>808s>My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
2.South
3.Biggie
4.Khalfia is soft like Dory's squishy
5.Jay-Z
6.Royce
7.Haven't heard much of his stuff, but what I've heard is alright.
8.Method (Ghost)
9.He had moments but in general not really. It was more his delivery and lyrics. (Biggie is one of the GOAT)
10. Lupe - 8 (yes he is a dumbass)
11. Don't know him or his music
12. Slim Shady/Marshall Mathers albums/freestyle and mixtapes era
13. Drake lyrics are deep? Maybe on So Far Gone
14. Introspective and witty

Yo Gotti

Banned
Just started listening to Kendrick Lamar, Section.80.

FUCK this is a good album, what else have I missed...

*Chapter Six on repeat

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Cray is in the thread title...I'm not sure I can post in here anymore....

Might as well use the new thread to get as many youtube hits as possible on my garbage in case we get any of the new juniors in here.

Fuck you in the eye (love song)

Let the door

More of me saying terrible things because i have nothing else to say

More evidence to be used in my trial

Now on to important things. I've been pimping the fuck out of that Fela Soul tape, the G-eazy tape, Dessa's album, and Big Krit in general to anyone who will listen (and those who wont). I did the same thing for Yelawolf and managed to get a bunch of my friends hooked on him. Trying to get as many Krit fans as possible as well before the album drops.

Also, might as well try to spark a productive discussion. Favorite album covers?

3145Y1GRG2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Just so clean and simple yet classic and very much hip hop.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Gameistobesold.jpg

just because it makes me laugh..

Snoop on a throne outside of a white house like mansion.. with dogs! and jeweled muzzles!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
1. Late Registration > College Dropout > Graduation > My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy > 808s & Heartbreak
2. South 4 Life!
3. Biggie (though I've listen to more 2Pac over the years hmmmm)
4. Wiz Khalifa is soft like the NFL has been regulated to post rule changes favoring offense
5. Jay-Z
6. Fozy Bear
7. Growing on me after being semi ambivalent when the hype train 1st started rolling
8. Ghost
9. Cool lyrics but not sold on the actual rapping deal
10. 7 (even beyond his last few years going back his stuff doesn't hold up as much as I thought it would)
11. Moments of Genius with a ton of zzzz in between
12. Slim Shady Era
13. This question tries and semi succeeds at being deeper than Drake's lyrics...
14. Not old and dusted but needs to pass of production to someone else
15. I don't mind introspective and sort of emo but he's sort of a douche sometimes

PS: Goodnight!

iVxId5TGIo81B.gif

nns3d

New OP! I would like to see All 6s and 7s added to the notable 2011 releases, I thought it was really good.

kamspy

Gotta do a refresher for the new thread. And so yall don't get it twisted up in this piece.

1. Watch the Throne >College Dropout> The field
2. Souf
3. Pac, but I love BIG too. Pac is goat though.
4. J.Cole is 90% softer than Wiz Khalifa
5. Jay Z with ease. Didn't even break a sweat. If you could poster-ize someone with a beef, Nas' face would be buried in Jay's crotch on the way to the basket.
6. Both. Equally.
7. First black rapper to make a career out of white wine
8. I came to the fork in the road and went straight
Right out the crack vile to the golden gate
See the silver spoon in my mouth it had cake
My rap birth date debut song was ice bait
Readit like a novel, donna cappa goines
Strivin my duns need dollars and coins
Whether in new york or compton califoines
I come correct twenty two outfits and a mic check
One derby, cappachino the great
Sittin at the table where the gambinos ate
Buildin
Wu-tang clan concentrate
Bounce on the track donna crack it like a safe
9. Of course. He's GOAT. No one else can go from the bathtub to the gutter to the radio with perfect finesse in each sub genre
10. Currently? 1
11. The crack headed Bob Dylan of rap
12. The conspiracy era
13. By writing them in a bathtub
14. Budden is good. He just needs to stop blowing his album budget on drugs and buy some real beats. I think he records with a cassette deck. The little mic hole thing. Yeah.
15. step ya question list formatting game up Irish.

exarkun

Ricky Rosé has some of the best ears for banging beats in the industry. He just knows...what is gonna bump in my car/in the club. I was listening to an older mixtape and some of the newer stuff with Wale and Crew and it still kind of bangs.

He should just find beats for other rappers. Though I really don't like how some of the last album sounded like Luger produced most of it.

Hootie said:
Since this album has been mentioned I feel compelled to mention the best song from it.

Namely, Wu-Gambinos.

Only Built 4 Cuban Linx is just one of those albums where ALL of the tracks are good and I can't even try to pick one I prefer over the others.

But, if I had to pick one that I did spin (lol) for a long time: Criminology

kamspy

EschatonDX said:
i refuse to believe your favorite member of the wu is cappadonna

It changes weekly. With the right weed, Cappa can come out on top with his deep layers of slang editorial. I guess I got the right weed tonight. It's just the first thing that came to my mind when I read the question.

But really, Ghost or Meth. Cappa has his moments. That verse was one of them. That whole album. Mad underrated by even die hard Wu heads. Shame.

Esch

Banned
Wiz makes some bangers.

Cole makes....

kamspy said:
But really, Ghost or Meth. Cappa has his moments. That verse was one of them. That whole album. Mad underrated by even die hard Wu heads. Shame.

Yeah it's aight, Cappa and Based U-Deity have their moments

kamspy

ReconYoda said:
Someone needs to slap the stupid out your mouth for saying Cole is softer than Wiz.

Cole graduated magna cum laude and had a full ride scholarship to St. John's. Not a problem, but his raps are all One Mic'd about his deep struggle. Deep struggle to what man? Find you iPad charger? Fuckoutta here. At least rap about going to sorority parties and being bummed that your new textbook wasn't available on Kindle. Keep it real Cole. That's all.

ReconYoda said:
Someone needs to slap the stupid out your mouth for saying Cole is softer than Wiz.
and here we go. You two are totally an anime couple.

kamspy said:
Cole graduated magna cum laude and had a full ride scholarship to St. John's. Not a problem, but his raps are all One Mic'd about his deep struggle. Deep struggle to what man? Find you iPad charger? Fuckoutta here. At least rap about going to sorority parties and being bummed that your new textbook wasn't available on Kindle. Keep it real Cole. That's all.
You don't know what it's like in Fayettenam.

Well, I don't either.

braves01

Banned
Rank Kanye's albums
College Dropout > Dark Fantasy > Graduation > LR >808s > Watch the Throne
Pick a coast to rep
East
Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion
Biggie. I can't believe this is even a question.
Make a comparison between Khalifa and something soft
Khalifa's a 5 on the sleep number scale
Decide who you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef.
Jay-Z is the obvious answer due to Beyonce, money, and generally better output. What Nas says about him doesn't even matter.
Flocka or Royce?
Flocka
What you think of J. Cole?
I don't really know who he is.
Who is the best Wu-Tang member? (+optional: Rae vs. Ghost)
GZA.
Can 2pac rap? (Or do Biggie got DAT FLOW?)
Biggie dat flow
Rate Lupe on a scale of 1-10 (+ call him a dumbass for Lasers and political views)
3, if you're a white college kid you like Lupe it's a fact
Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged?
idiot savant
Pick an era of Eminem
Slim Shady LP era
How does Drake write such deep lyrics?
He watches old Degrassi eps for inspiration.
Is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production?
Swiffers were created for Nas
Joe Budden: Introspective and witty, or annoying emo fetus killing asshole?
I'll get back to this one.

Recon

Banned
kamspy said:

Holy shit, this might be news to you, but dude was poor as fuck. He only went to college because he got a full ride. And FYI, college kids have problems and issues. Just because we choose to educate ourselves, doesnt mean life is all rosy and shit.

iavi

I gave Jedi Mind Trick's "Violence begets Violence" a listen n a half through the other day. I do not dig, at all, really. That's my first time with the dudes too.

IrishNinja

OP updated with as much user content as i saw you guys post, hit me up if you've got more!

if anyone has the Wu-Monday, Native Tongue Tuesday etc banners, spotify playlist links etc please post or PM me, save me some time combing back through OT2!

illadelph said:
The dog that says "Why must I chase da cat?" always gets me for some reason. I'm not even sure why. It's probably because I imagine the dog saying it in the most monotone voice possible.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ReconYoda said:
Holy shit, this might be news to you, but dude was poor as fuck. He only went to college because he got a full ride. And FYI, college kids have problems and issues. Just because we choose to educate ourselves, doesnt mean life is all rosy and shit.
Yeah... I'm in that lower middle class that can understand some struggles that aren't straight gutter. People at the bottom aren't the only ones with problems, I can relate to people who aren't just "from nothing to something."

[insert comment about MBDTF that everyone will disagree with here]

kamspy

ReconYoda said:

I graduated college man. Sure I went when I was fucking 26 instead of 18, but hey. It sucked when the bookstore stopped stocking the brown sugar Pop Tarts. That was a pretty deep day. At first, I thought they were just out of stock, then after a couple weeks I accepted it as fact. I switched to strawberry NutriGrain bars. Shit was mad rough though. I might get a tattooed tear for that moment. That's my dollar and a dream. But they never restocked the brown sugar Pop Tarts. damn. :(

enzo_gt said:
Yeah... I'm in that lower middle class that can understand some struggles that aren't straight gutter. People at the bottom aren't the only ones with problems, I can relate to people who aren't just "from nothing to something."

[insert comment about MBDTF that everyone will disagree with here]

That's cool, but that's isn't how Cole comes off. Once you hit the wikipedia page you get a big WTF. He basically spent his entire adult life on campus before he got rap money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom