• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ChldRebelSoldr said:
I'm hoping Atlantic will treat Lupe how EMI treated Damon Albarn. Damon agreed to release a Best Of for Blur so EMI could sign Gorillaz and release their self-titled and we all know how that went. (Fucking amazing).

So now that Lupe released Atlantic's album, Lupe should have all creative control over the album. For fucks sake, The Cool went gold. Why not let Lupe make his album?

Edit: I guess comparing a Best Of to a new album isn't fair.
I never even knew about that situation with Damn Albarn, that's crazy. I do like me some Gorillaz though.Hope the best works out for Lupe and his fans though, I figured they might just try to get him to make some catchy single, then give him creative control on how the rest of the album will turn out.

Anybody get that Statik Selektah album? I think overall is pretty decent, there's a couple of tracks I really don't care for.

I really like that Samuel l jackson song with XV, Jon Connor & Daytona and that play the game with Big Krit and Freddie Gibbs.

Recon

Banned
Just got my mixtape cover from the illustrator...shits dope as fuck. Either tonight or tomorrow ill drop the cover and new song, for anyone who cares.

kodecraft

Blackace said:
Would you be shocked to hear I disagree with CD being called a classic?

Damn, I respect different opinions but I also don't confuse it with hate/bias thinking. Not saying you're a hater but....CD not a classic?...I am thankful hip-hop got that album!!

PBY

Banned
ReconYoda said:
Just got my mixtape cover from the illustrator...shits dope as fuck. Either tonight or tomorrow ill drop the cover and new song, for anyone who cares.
HYPE AT 1000... Drop that shit, maybe drop the cover first to tease the song haha

dafinezt

Banned
IrishNinja said:
  1. Rank Kanye's albums
  2. Pick a coast to rep
  3. Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion
  4. Make a comparison between Khalifa and something soft
  5. Decide who you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef.
  6. Flocka or Royce?
  7. What you think of J. Cole?
  8. Who is the best Wu-Tang member? (+optional: Rae vs. Ghost)
  9. Can 2pac rap? (Or do Biggie got DAT FLOW?)
  10. Rate Lupe on a scale of 1-10 (+ call him a dumbass for Lasers and political views)
  11. Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged?
  12. Pick an era of Eminem
  13. How does Drake write such deep lyrics?
  14. Is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production?
  15. Joe Budden: Introspective and witty, or annoying emo fetus killing asshole?
  16. Bonus: Answer every one of these questions again once in a while for the remainder of your stay here.

LR > TCD > MBDTF > Graduation > WTT. Never listened to 808s
West
Biggie
Wiz Khalifa soft as ED
Jay
Royce
Good producer, boring rapper
Mef (Ghost > Rae)
Pac's nice, but Biggie got dat flow
4 for Food and Liquor, 3 for The Cool, -2 for Lasers. 5/10
I see flashes of both in him
Marshall Mathers LP
Cuz he's a star, no spangled banner
He's not a bad rapper, but yeah he raps over some really iffy beats sometimes.
Certainly not the former and WTF @ the latter, but I'm definitely not a fan.
ok

IrishNinja

found the native tongue & wu monday spotify links! shoulda just googled them first, heh. now i just gotta find that native tuesdays logo i liked, it's buried in there somewhere.

also, where's that J Cole gif with Rihanna's head? gotta tie that in to the OP somewhere, haha.

anyone who wants to start a 2012 Release Schedule (even if you don't got dates), ill update with that too. so far all i got is G.O.O.D. (i think), Liquid Swords 2 (...), and if Com's No ID project or Nas' Good life get delayed. tokus & shinobis prolly have all kindsa stuff to add - speaking of, i should link the new Cocaine 80s project too.

There you go irish
jAHjn.gif

nns3d

Imma try this out since I didn't do this in the last thread.

IrishNinja said:
  1. Rank Kanye's albums
  2. Pick a coast to rep
  3. Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion
  4. Make a comparison between Khalifa and something soft
  5. Decide who you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef.
  6. Flocka or Royce?
  7. What you think of J. Cole?
  8. Who is the best Wu-Tang member? (+optional: Rae vs. Ghost)
  9. Can 2pac rap? (Or do Biggie got DAT FLOW?)
  10. Rate Lupe on a scale of 1-10 (+ call him a dumbass for Lasers and political views)
  11. Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged?
  12. Pick an era of Eminem
  13. How does Drake write such deep lyrics?
  14. Is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production?
  15. Joe Budden: Introspective and witty, or annoying emo fetus killing asshole?
  16. Bonus: Answer every one of these questions again once in a while for the remainder of your stay here.

1. CD>Dark Fantasy>LR>Graduation>808s
2. I would say East, but I know a lot more about the west, so West Coast.
3. Tupac, didn't even need to think twice. B.I.G. was crazy talented though.
4. I ain't gonna hate on Wiz, but someone needs to give that boy a Twinkie, I mean geeeezz.
5. Nas made the better diss, Jay-Z obviously became more successful.
6. I don't listen to either, but Royce is the better MC.
7. The Warmup was my favorite mixtape of 09. I kindof lost interest in him after that, but his debut album was good, and I'm glad to see that he did well saleswise.
8. M-E-T-H-O-D MAANN
9. Yes and of course.
10. Imma give Lupe a 7, regardless of whatever stupid statements and things he's done this year, he still has F&L and The Cool under his belt.
11. I don't even care about Lil B tbh but I don't think he's mentally challenged.
12. Anything up to Encore is good to me. Anything after Encore is alright/meh.
13. Degrassi
14. Yes
:(
Hope his new album'll be good though.
15. How about just boring? Don't listen to a lot of Budden outside of some Slaughterhouse and a couple of solo tracks, but something about him just doesn't click with me.
16. Bet.

CRS

More Notable Releases

• Kanye West & Jay-Z - Watch the Throne
  • MellowHype - BlackenedWhite (Re-Release)
  • Wu-Tang Clan - Legendary Weapons
  • Freddie Gibbs & Statik Selektah - Lord Giveth, Lord Taketh Away
  • Lil Wayne - Carter IV
  • The Weeknd - Thursday
  • Big Sean - Finally Famous
  • Blu - j e s u s
  • Blu - Open
  • Pete Rock & Smif-n-Wessun - Monumental
  • The Cool Kids - When Fish Ride Bicycles
  • Trae Tha Truth - Street King
  • Roc Marciano & Gangrene - Greneberg
  • Jay Rock - Follow Me Home
  • One Be Lo - Laborhood Part 1
  • One Be Lo - Laborhood Part 2
  • One Be Lo - L.A.B.O.R.
  • Flesh-n-Bone - Blaze Of Glory
  • Z-Ro - Meth
  • 9th Wonder - The Wonder Years
  • Evidence - Cats & Dogs
  • J. Cole - Cole World: The Sideline Story
  • Phonte - Charity Starts At Home
  • Royce da 5'9" - Success Is Certain
  • The Game - The R.E.D. Album
  • Apathy - Honkey Kong
  • Smoke DZA - Rolling Stoned
  • Exile - 4TRK MIND
  • Murs - Love Rockets Vol. 1: The Transformation
  • Jedi Mind Tricks - Violence Begets Violence
  • Marq Spekt & Kno - Machete Vision
  • Statik Selektah - Population Control

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Blackace said:
Also taking request for WCW7

3XKrazy : Stackin Chips
WC : "Curb Servin" or "in a twist"
Ant Banks : "Parlayin" or "Fuckin wit banks"
Above the law : "gorilla pimpin" or "evil that men do"
Celly Cel : Heat for yo azz
DJ Quik : "Get At Me" or "Summer Breeze"
Ice Cube : Friday
King T : Monay
Warren G : This DJ
Kurupt : Your Gyrlfriend
Dogg Pound : "Respect" or "what would u do"
Dr.Dre : N**** witta gun
2nd II None : didnt mean to turn you on
2pac : Old SChool
Suga Free : Secrets
rappin 4-tay : "keep one in the chamba" or "ill be around"
spice 1 : "strap on the side" or "doncha runaway"
cypress hill : "cock the hammer" or "dr.greenthumb"

Satyamdas

Banned
Miri said:
I gave Jedi Mind Trick's "Violence begets Violence" a listen n a half through the other day. I do not dig, at all, really. That's my first time with the dudes too.
I've fucked with JMT for a long time, and this new album is a huge disappointment. Couple of reasons: 1. Their main producer of almost a decade left before they started making this album, so his trademark sound is sorely missed. They tried to recreate it but failed big time. 2. Jus Allah has been complete dog shit ever since he left the group and came back. He has no flow at all any more and completely brings every track down that he is on.

Give these a listen if you want to hear some classic JMT shit (Jus Allah is only on Violent By Design, and it is from back when he could actually rap):

s3sfM.jpg
dY3zp.jpg
Hz6IH.jpg
IHE4Z.jpg

Jedi Mind Tricks Ft. Sean Price - Blood Runs Cold
Jedi Mind Tricks Ft. Tragedy Khadafi - Ghengis Khan
Jedi Mind Tricks - Blood In Blood Out
Jedi Mind Tricks Ft. Kool G Rap - Animal Rap

Recon

Banned
I dont like Vinnie's voice, but god damn he spits some real shit. Razorblade Salvation was what got me into JMT, off of Pandora of all places.

iavi

Satyamdas said:
I've fucked with JMT for a long time, and this new album is a huge disappointment. Couple of reasons: 1. Their main producer of almost a decade left before they started making this album, so his trademark sound is sorely missed. They tried to recreate it but failed big time. 2. Jus Allah has been complete dog shit ever since he left the group and came back. He has no flow at all any more and completely brings every track down that he is on.

Give these a listen if you want to hear some classic JMT shit (Jus Allah is only on Violent By Design, and it is from back when he could actually rap):

Thanks for this. I've heard good things about them so that album was a big downer. I'll definitely give a few of these a go.

Rank Kanye's albums
CD>>> LR>>>> MBDTF = Graduation >> 808 = WTT

Pick a coast to rep
East Coast

Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion
Prefer Biggie

Make a comparison between Khalifa and something soft
Wiz Khalifa is softer than Homer Simpson's tits

Decide who you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef.
Nas, though life has been much better for Jay.

Flocka or Royce?
Royce

What you think of J. Cole?
Like his music. I think he can be great, but he's got his flaws. Stupid lines in great songs (cant outfart me in Dollar and a Dream III, flippin like reciprocals in Lost Ones...) and limited subject matter (gotta get out the ville, i made it and you didnt think i could, I wanna tell this girl about whats wrong in the world but I can't stop fucking her).

Who is the best Wu-Tang member? (+optional: Rae vs. Ghost)
Ghost

Can 2pac rap? (Or do Biggie got DAT FLOW?)
Both

Rate Lupe on a scale of 1-10 (+ call him a dumbass for Lasers and political views)
7. When he's on he can make classics but now he's crazy and stupid.

Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged?
Seems like a dude just having fun but trips over himself whenever he tries to get serious.

Pick an era of Eminem
MMLP

How does Drake write such deep lyrics?

I dont think he writes anything, keyboard

Is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production?
Middle aged and probably on something most of the time.

Joe Budden: Introspective and witty, or annoying emo fetus killing asshole?
I don't know how any of his friends dont just beat some sense into him. I've seen more emotional maturity from middle schoolers xangas

PBY

Banned
DominoKid said:
i also cant wait for the year end top 10 post. i sense that the results will make a lot of folks mad.
back to back Kanye AOTY's? People are gonna be realllll mad.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
kodecraft said:
Damn, I respect different opinions but I also don't confuse it with hate/bias thinking. Not saying you're a hater but....CD not a classic?...I am thankful hip-hop got that album!!

fair enough.. I liked LR better, but that's just me. CD had mad filler in it to me.

Recon

Banned
Honestly, Watch The Throne will only be #1 because of random people popping in to vote. If that shit was just regulars voting, shit would probably only be top10( and thats because some people get a hard on for whatever kanye shits out).

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Blackace said:
fair enough.. I liked LR better, but that's just me. CD had mad filler in it to me.

LR is a much better album, but CD has more sentimental attachment for me. It came out just as I was coming out of a year long bout of fuckery and general shitiness. It reminds me of being a senior in college, my girlfriend moving to florida to live with me, exploring southern florida, taking classes I actually enjoyed, and in general just enjoying my life. So CD will always be number 1, despite having a lot of filler on it.

Blackace

siddx said:
LR is a much better album, but CD has more sentimental attachment for me. It came out just as I was coming out of a year long bout of fuckery and general shitiness. It reminds me of being a senior in college, my girlfriend moving to florida to live with me, exploring southern florida, taking classes I actually enjoyed, and in general just enjoying my life. So CD will always be number 1, despite having a lot of filler on it.

It is a great album.. I never said different. It is like when someone ranks some AAA game at 80% everyone freaks out..

PBY

Banned
ReconYoda said:
Honestly, Watch The Throne will only be #1 because of random people popping in to vote. If that shit was just regulars voting, shit would probably only be top10( and thats because some people get a hard on for whatever kanye shits out).
wait... what.. no...

okay, guilty haha

Blackace

Complex Shadow said:
the only thing your guilty of is liking good music. So far the only bad album ye made was 808. And it wasn't even bad. It was pretty damn good.
mbTDF was hot trash..

Blackace

Tokubetsu said:
808s & Heartbreak is still the best album Kanye West has recorded.

it wasn't so bad... had it's moments for sure

Blackace

Complex Shadow said:
In your opinion maybe. But I actully liked it. And that couldve been because I didn't listen to any of the leaks.

the leaks made the album worse?

Recon

Banned
Blackace said:
mbTDF was hot trash..

Agreed. Shit was bad. Mixed bad. Production average. Lazy as fuck including free GOOD friday tracks. What the fuck moments with Fergie. Laughably bad lyrics, even for Kanye standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom