• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amagon

Real Talk - Fat Boys are still my favorite after all these years.

Fat Boys -Jailhouse Rap

skJuv.jpg

Recon

Banned
kamspy said:
I graduated college man. Sure I went when I was fucking 26 instead of 18, but hey. It sucked when the bookstore stopped stocking the brown sugar Pop Tarts. That was a pretty deep day. At first, I thought they were just out of stock, then after a couple weeks I accepted it as fact. I switched to strawberry NutriGrain bars. Shit was mad rough though. I might get a tattooed tear for that moment. That's my dollar and a dream. But they never restocked the brown sugar Pop Tarts. damn. :(

That's cool, but that's isn't how Cole comes off. Once you hit the wikipedia page you get a big WTF. He basically spent his entire adult life on campus before he got rap money.

Wow, i guess everyones college experience is the same. No one could have outside issues, outside of school. Nope, according to Kampsy, its all rosy when feet touch campus. Once textbook is in hand, all lifes problems wash away. Tell me wise one, how does one attain this magical state of being. Because im poor as shit, at university, and i have a decent amount of problems relating to things outside of school. I would love to know where to go to make my problems go away. Maybe my dean knows.

Edit: I have to address this, Kampsy using Wikipedia, then claiming knowledge about someones entire life. God damn dumbass and Ignorant as fuck.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
kamspy said:
That's cool, but that's isn't how Cole comes off. Once you hit the wikipedia page you get a big WTF. He basically spent his entire adult life on campus before he got rap money.
Does he really come off as spoiled though? I mean, dude never acts like he was from absolute zero. He just kinda tells it how it is really. Lived in a trailer, moved on up, decided to do something positive instead of turning to the alternatives. The struggles along the way are in his music.

IMO, Cole is kind of inspiring, he's one of the very, VERY few good and progressive role models in hip-hop. That's his appeal anyways, and I think it's much better than the ignorant shit promoting the perpetuation of more ignorant shit. I see your view of Cole kind of fitting much better for Drake. /nohate.

IrishNinja

spindashing said:
The dog that says "Why must I chase da cat?" always gets me for some reason.

honest question: how many of us saw that shit before knowing it was a George Clinton reference? he was on the Let Me Ride remix, but Cube really put me onto him. i think i heard P-funk in the day but never knew it by name.

HiResDes

IrishNinja said:
OP updated with as much user content as i saw you guys post, hit me up if you've got more!

if anyone has the Wu-Monday, Native Tongue Tuesday etc banners, spotify playlist links etc please post or PM me, save me some time combing back through OT2!

Bum Life - Doop Doop
Bum Life - Switch Up

Bum Life - Bummin' All For You
Bum Life - Lazy Raps
Bum Life - Slow Death
Bum Life- Empty Space
Bum Life - C.O.D.
Bum Life - Flowers
Bum Life - Wingman
Bum Life - Original Bum
Bum Life - Millionaire Freestyle (Produced by Peterboy)

Big Bear Amazon review

This guy is from omaha, nebraska and you wouldn't be able to tell by the bay area guests featured on this 1998 debut album. I listened to this cd for about 3 minutes long enough to hear the track 6, Whatcha working, featuring the luniz. Sub-par lyrics and your usual gangsta topics.

The real review is of the album cover, which i personally uploaded so everyone can see it in all it's glory.

-------->Lets be honest what can be harder than a guy that rolls with a crew of grizzly bears that drink and smoke cigars. The guy looks so stoned on the album cover it's hard to tell if he's even conscious. The bears are sporting some sort of smoking jacket, appear to be very relaxed. This would be a good album for someone who likes barney, but would rather see barney smoking marijuana and drinking a forty-ounce.

He has four bears smoking blunts and wearing jewelry while drinking cristal in front of a table filled with cigars, strawberries, assorted nuts, and fresh fish. Oh, and his name is in HONEY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. Just in case you thought he was going light on the bear theme. The name of the album is baffling. "Doin Thangs" is such a broad description. What is he doing? THANGS. No time for apostrophes, Big Bear is on the move. I'm just relieved that he didn't forget to put a high number of lens flares onto the cover. Without it he might have lost the hook necessary to alert people that he is, in fact, doin thangs.

also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfqdaAGqmSk

Recon

Banned
enzo_gt said:
Does he really come off as spoiled though? I mean, dude never acts like he was from absolute zero. He just kinda tells it how it is really. Lived in a trailer, moved on up, decided to do something positive instead of turning to the alternatives. The struggles along the way are in his music.

IMO, Cole is kind of inspiring, he's one of the very, VERY few good and progressive role models in hip-hop. That's his appeal anyways, and I think it's much better than the ignorant shit promoting the perpetuation of more ignorant shit. I see your view of Cole kind of fitting much better for Drake. /nohate.

Kampsy's Role models were all dope dealers and thugs, people he wishes he could desperately be. Aiming for the gutter was his life goal.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Everyone needs to update their answers like kam did

1. College Dropout>Late Reg>>>>Graduation. Kanye didn't make any other albums, he died and was replaced by a wack ass doppelganger.

2. Westside is where I started

3. 2pac, but if biggie had made at least two more good albums before dying, I'd say him.

4. Khalifa is so soft Amber Rose carries his purse for him

5. Jay-Z/Nas is like the MJ/AI showdown. AI got the best of him at the moment, but in the end MJ has rings and is consider one of the greatest while AI should be hanging out with Tracy Mcgrady in the club for stars who sputtered the fuck out.

6. I'd rather listen to his mom rap than listen to flocka spew his bullshit

7. I don't

8. Meth. And ghost over rae. I've actually grown to like ghost since last time I answered this. But Rae just bores the fuck out of me.

9. Stupid fucking questions don't deserve an answer

10. 4, if Nas is AI, Lupe is Andrew Bynum. So much potential, a few flashes of good, mostly a disappointing mess. And like Bynum, only delusional fans pretend otherwise.

11. Mentally challenged when it comes to rapping, and managed to kill the meme that was himself. Although he seems like a cool guy.

12. MMLP, he was just fired the fuck up and ready to piss off the world.

13. He's fancy

14. Nas could always pull a stillmatic and bring back the quality, but if he does, we are destined to see the same decent into shitdom as before. It's his own little nas cycle. Also, gotta feel bad for the dude, he should have known better than to trust Kelis' hoe ass but still.

15. His dead fetus would be more interesting on the mic.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
kamspy said:
Ace tried to edge me out in over time.
if I really wanted to that I would have just banned you! I'm King Kong in this bitch!

IrishNinja said:
honest question: how many of us saw that shit before knowing it was a George Clinton reference? he was on the Let Me Ride remix, but Cube really put me onto him. i think i heard P-funk in the day but never knew it by name.
It wasn't until later that I caught it. Although I'm familiar with old school West Coast G-Funk, I didn't get into Funk acts like Funkadelic and Parliament until later in life. I still go through some of the Funkadelic tracks I have and hear a certain song that was sampled and go, "Oh, Prince Paul flipped that." etc.

Hip-hop is crazy like that.

Blackace said:
if I really wanted to that I would have just banned you! I'm King Kong in this bitch!
Blackace
(Today, 10:50 PM)

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Blackace said:

You live in Japan, you need to claim Godzilla. I actually was thinking that while listening to your WCW set today. While playing in the club, you should just throw on a godzilla roar every so often and have a voice scream "godzirra!" I'm sure everyone would love you...

Blackace

IrishNinja said:

Being old has its perks..

Blackace

siddx said:
You live in Japan, you need to claim Godzilla. I actually was thinking that while listening to your WCW set today. While playing in the club, you should just throw on a godzilla roar every so often and have a voice scream "godzirra!" I'm sure everyone would love you...

Godzilla in the mist just doesn't have the same ring to it...

But if someone got me a Godzilla sample I would use it

JEKKI

west coast wednesday!!

bringing super hella obscure underground this week!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jH-0nfNm20

whatever happened to these guys?!?! they went rock then went away I guess...

Im gonna answer the questionaire.

IrishNinja said:
  1. Rank Kanye's albums
  2. Pick a coast to rep
  3. Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion
  4. Make a comparison between Khalifa and something soft
  5. Decide who you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef.
  6. Flocka or Royce?
  7. What you think of J. Cole?
  8. Who is the best Wu-Tang member? (+optional: Rae vs. Ghost)
  9. Can 2pac rap? (Or do Biggie got DAT FLOW?)
  10. Rate Lupe on a scale of 1-10 (+ call him a dumbass for Lasers and political views)
  11. Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged? 12. Pick an era of Eminem 13. How does Drake write such deep lyrics?
  12. Is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production?
  13. Joe Budden: Introspective and witty, or annoying emo fetus killing asshole?
  14. Bonus: Answer every one of these questions again once in a while for the remainder of your stay here.

1. Be (lol) > College Dropout > Late Reg > MBDTF > WTT > Graduation > 808
2. West
3. Pac.
4. Wiz Kalifa is a soft liar?? He raps about spitting flames and changing the game... he does neither of those...
5. Jay-Z.
6. Royce. Is this question a joke??
7. I listened to Cole World a few times... really?!?! is this what rap consumers are into these days?!?! I miss the 90s :(
8. GZA has my fave album, but Ghostface is Ghostface.
9. Pac can rap.
10. 6; I like his first 2 albums but I dont get mad when he doesnt make good music after that... I just listen to better artists instead.
11. I dont listen to him... why are there 2 more questions here?
12. Nas is aiite. Im not the biggest fan so I have no strong opinion of him.
13. I dont like Joe Budden.
14. this is not a question.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I didn't do this the first time:

Rank Kanye's albums
TCD > LR = MBDTF > 808s > Graduation

Pick a coast to rep
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SIEN9mrruA

Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion
Pac

Make a comparison between Khalifa and something soft
Khalifa has that cotton swab swag.

Decide who you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef.
Nas. Jay won life though.

Flocka or Royce?
BBBBBBBRRIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC- Royce. No competition.

What you think of J. Cole?
A breath of fresh air. Still has to refine his craft, he has a lot of problems, but he's one of the best we got in the new school.

Who is the best Wu-Tang member? (+optional: Rae vs. Ghost)
M.E.T.H.O.D... Man. (+Ghost)

Can 2pac rap? (Or do Biggie got DAT FLOW?)
Both are fairly correct statements.

Rate Lupe on a scale of 1-10 (+ call him a dumbass for Lasers and political views)
Man that's rough, I never rate rappers with numbers but, 8/10 I guess? The talent is there but his mind isn't completely.

Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged?
Lil B is the pinnacle of music, probably the pinnacle of artform period. If you've ever had qualms about the existence of god, or some sort of higher power, based god will show you the light.

Pick an era of Eminem.
Encore "I don't know what the fuck I am doing" Era. I never got into Em before that. Seriously: Stan-era Eminem, whichever that one was.

How does Drake write such deep lyrics?
I imagine putting your penis inside of Rihanna would constitute some sort of extrasensory experience when you can never look at life the same way again.

Is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production?
Yes. Well I mean his ear for beats isn't tha- okay it's pretty bad. But even a broken clock is right twice in one day.

Joe Budden: Introspective and witty, or annoying emo fetus killing asshole?
Introspective, but not witty. He's an interesting character, and Budden TV or whatever has produced far better discussions about hip hop than go on here in some cases. I like the dude, but he needs to GTFO of J. Cardim's dick and work with other producers. He needs a refresh.

BTW IrishNinja, questions 11-13 are clumped up in your OT. Fix that.

CRS

For the people checking out the new thread. Here's some of Big K.R.I.T.'s trunk bangers.

Trunk Klassics

01) Big K.R.I.T. - R4 Intro
02) Big K.R.I.T. - Return of 4eva Feat. Big Sant
03) Big K.R.I.T. - Country Shit (Remix) feat. Ludacris and Bun B
04) Big K.R.I.T. - Just Touched Down
05) Jackie Chain - Parked Outside feat. Big K.R.I.T. & Bun B
06) Big K.R.I.T. - Money On The Floor feat. 8Ball, MJG & 2 Chainz
07) Big K.R.I.T. - Rotation
08) 2 Chainz - Pimps feat. Bun B & Big K.R.I.T.
09) Big K.R.I.T. - My Sub
10) Big K.R.I.T. - Hometown Hero
11) Big K.R.I.T. - Time Machine
12) Smoke DZA - On The Corner feat. Bun B & Big K.R.I.T.
13) Mike Jaggerr - Cruise Control feat. Big K.R.I.T.
14) Big K.R.I.T. - Now or Neva (remix) feat. Slim Thug
15) Big K.R.I.T. - Shake Junt
16) UGK - Grippin’ On The Wood feat. Big K.R.I.T.
17) Rittz - Fulla Shit ft. Big K.R.I.T and Yelawolf

CRS

Rank Kanye's albums
LR = TCD > 808s = Graduation = MBDTF
Pick a coast to rep
Midwest
Yes
The softest option at a Make-a-Bear Workshop.
Nas won battle. Jay won war.
Flocka or Royce?
Royce.
I like him. Don't love him.
Method Man
Yes. Yes.
Rate Lupe on a scale of 1-10 (+ call him a dumbass for Lasers and political views)
Neither. Just a rapper doing his thing.
Pick an era of Eminem.
Marshal Mathers LP/The Eminem Show era
Because his pussy is just as deep.
Recently, not so much.
Both.

Honestly to me Lupe is 9/10 if you dont count Lasers. He really is/was THAT good, to me anyway.

My brother and I listened to F&L last week, just randomly, and we both agree its a true classic. I am absolutely not ashamed in looking forward to F&L2.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
LightOfTruth said:
Honestly to me Lupe is 9/10 if you dont count Lasers. He really is/was THAT good, to me anyway.

My brother and I listened to F&L last week, just randomly, and we both agree its a true classic. I am absolutely not ashamed in looking forward to F&L2.
i don't think, you can, just NOT count an album.

hubes

ChldRebelSoldr said:
For the people checking out the new thread. Here's some of Big K.R.I.T.'s trunk bangers.

Trunk Klassics

01) Big K.R.I.T. - R4 Intro
02) Big K.R.I.T. - Return of 4eva Feat. Big Sant
03) Big K.R.I.T. - Country Shit (Remix) feat. Ludacris and Bun B
04) Big K.R.I.T. - Just Touched Down
05) Jackie Chain - Parked Outside feat. Big K.R.I.T. & Bun B
06) Big K.R.I.T. - Money On The Floor feat. 8Ball, MJG & 2 Chainz
07) Big K.R.I.T. - Rotation
08) 2 Chainz - Pimps feat. Bun B & Big K.R.I.T.
09) Big K.R.I.T. - My Sub
10) Big K.R.I.T. - Hometown Hero
11) Big K.R.I.T. - Time Machine
12) Smoke DZA - On The Corner feat. Bun B & Big K.R.I.T.
13) Mike Jaggerr - Cruise Control feat. Big K.R.I.T.
14) Big K.R.I.T. - Now or Neva (remix) feat. Slim Thug
15) Big K.R.I.T. - Shake Junt
16) UGK - Grippin’ On The Wood feat. Big K.R.I.T.
17) Rittz - Fulla Shit ft. Big K.R.I.T and Yelawolf
thanks for putting this together man. i've been wanting to do something like this for awhile, but never got around to it. this will definitely get play in my car.

Rank Kanye's albums
CD>808> LR> MBDTF> Graduation

Pick a coast to rep
SouthPick a coast to rep

Pac

Wiz khalifa is so soft not even Bernie mac can help him with that

Decide who you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef
I thought Nas wrecked Jay-z when it came to diss tracks, but it's pretty obvious who won in the long run.

Flocka or Royce?
Royce

What you think of J. Cole
Cole's pretty decent, he has some really good songs

My favorite is Meth, but idk after listening to those ghostface albums he might be my favorite. Need to listen to him some more.

biggie got dat flow, pac can still rap of course

7, but I'm not really much of a fan of Lupe. Some tracks by him I like, but others I just really can't get into him at all.

Lol, I don't even know anymore, but I feel like he might of just lost his chance to impress people with his last album.

Pick an era of Eminem
MMLP

Dat purple or pink in his cup

Of course lol, I don't know why he doesn't get someone to pick beats for him

I guess the 2nd one lol. I don't really listen to budden.

Answers to OP Questionnaire

1. LR=CD>>>MBDTF>Grad>808's
2. East
3. Biggie
4. Wiz is softer than my dick when I listen to Barbra Streisand
5. Nas won the Battle, Jay won the War.
6. Royce
7. Mixtapes were good, Album was alright. Has potential, but doesn't know his lane.
8. GZA, as for Ghost vs Rae.. Ghost.
9. Pac can rap, but BIGGIE GOT DAT FLOW
10. 4; F&L was great, The Cool was good, Lasers was garbage. He's an idiot too.
11. Lil B is an idiot savant; Em before he started using that shitty accent & screaming; Drizzy's life is so difficult, those deep complex lyrics practically write themselves
12. I love Nasir, but he does have a terrible ear for production "Oh you want to work with me Premo? Nah, I'm cool Polow Da Don gonna hook me up with some fat beats"
13. Budden is awful

ChldRebelSoldr said:
I can and I will. *crosses arms*

But seriously, without, 9; with, 7.

yeah probably around the same for me. I do concede that Lasers was pretty mediocre. I only liked a couple of songs. Worst thing is it was successful as fuck

I'd honestly feel worried as hell about Lupe's next album if I were a Lupe fan.

I mean while he did say F&L2 will come out next, who says it won't get the same treatment that Lasers did? I would think that after the label saw how successful Lasers was, they would want him to do another album just like that.

CRS

Complex Shadow said:
and i am sure its only gonna get worse.
Eh. I loved What U Want and Go 2 Sleep was fire. Those were both released the same year as Lasers. I'm just basing it off release date though because I have no idea when they were recorded.

I'm hoping they were recorded in 2011 and not during F&L/The Cool. F&L2 will probably be the album that will decided my future interest in him.

CRS

Tguy said:
I'd honestly feel worried as hell about Lupe's next album if I were a Lupe fan.

I mean while he did say F&L2 will come out next, who says it won't get the same treatment that Lasers did? I would think that after the label saw how successful Lasers was, they would want him to do another album just like that.
I'm hoping Atlantic will treat Lupe how EMI treated Damon Albarn. Damon agreed to release a Best Of for Blur so EMI could sign Gorillaz and release their self-titled and we all know how that went. (Fucking amazing).

So now that Lupe released Atlantic's album, Lupe should have all creative control over the album. For fucks sake, The Cool went gold. Why not let Lupe make his album?

Edit: I guess comparing a Best Of to a new album isn't fair.

IrishNinja

IrishNinja said:
OP updated with as much user content as i saw you guys post, hit me up if you've got more!

if anyone has the Wu-Monday, Native Tongue Tuesday etc banners, spotify playlist links etc please post or PM me, save me some time combing back through OT2!

quoted for new page; still trying to be lazy see if anyone can find those banners & spotify links.

enzo_gt said:
BTW IrishNinja, questions 11-13 are clumped up in your OT. Fix
that.

ya man CRS already helped me tidy up, should be straight now!

Esch

Banned
Rank Kanye's albums
LR = TCD > MBDFTRFDX>Graduation>>>>>>>Smegma>>>>808s
Pick a coast to rep
Midwest, No Coast Bitches
Big. Dude is just too entertaining
Wiz so soft his cd's printed on cocoa butter and felt
Jay. Nas is still a salty confused verse machine with a hopelessly deluded stanbase.
Flocka or Royce?
Royce.
A hip hop triscuit. Palatable enough, but no flavor. Boring, overhyped safe-ass shit i cant get with
Ghost
Yes. Yes.
6. Even his 'classics' barely register in my memory. His recent shit's awful. He embarasses himself whenever he opens his mouth
Hilarious as an act; seriously funny cool dude. But his music has nothing
Pick an era of Eminem.
MMLP is the best, but i dont give a fuck about dude
Cause he never received his recommended daily value of beatings as a child
He's been better recently. Having no greenbacks from a shit idea like marrying Kelis will do that tho.
Overrated gahbage. And another stupidass dope fiend.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What is Lightwork off of?

And what does it sample? That sample is what has me coming back every time. Lupe just starts rambling at some point, or else I think I'd be head over heels over the song. Still good though.

CRS

enzo_gt said:
What is Lightwork off of?

And what does it sample? That sample is what has me coming back every time. Lupe just starts rambling at some point, or else I think I'd be head over heels over the song. Still good though.
Not sure. I guess he posted the download link on Facebook and eventually took it down. But once you post something on the internet, it's there for good.

I'm guess a cut off of Lupe's Lasers?

Recon

Banned
ChldRebelSoldr said:
Not sure. I guess he posted the download link on Facebook and eventually took it down. But once you post something on the internet, it's there for good.

I'm guess a cut off of Lupe's Lasers?

Lightworks is a song off his next mixtape. It samples Ellie Goulding's "Lights".

iavi

ReconYoda said:
Lightworks is a song off his next mixtape. It samples Ellie Goulding's "Lights".

Yeah, grab the version off of "Bright Lights" if you're checking her out. That one adds a bass line that the version off of her first album "Lights" didn't have.

Rank Kanye's albums
Dropout>Registratrion>Graduation>Dark Fantasy>808s
Pick a coast to rep
Dirty Souf
Biggie
Khalifa is softer than my dick after seeing dem recent Lindsay Lohan pics
Jay, all day
Flocka or Royce?
Why?
S'alright.
Ghost, Ghost
Both?
Once upon a time I'd say did was at least a 9, nowadays bout a 7, maybe an 8. And hes a dumbas
GENIUS!
Pick an era of Eminem
Anything from the Eminem Show and before is golden
He cries in the dark
OLD AND BUSTED
IDK, I don't check for Buddens that much

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Rank Kanye's albums
Grad > Drop out> Late Reg > ...dont like the rest really

Pick a coast to rep
Beast Coast

Big Papa

well, he's ass, so...Ass

NAS, Ether was fatality

Flocka or Royce?
Royce by 5 light years and 9 seconds

He's nice but I can hear him Trying HARD to be commercially acceptable throughout his album. Be yourself dude.

GZA Genius. the is NO other answer

Both can rap and flow, but Biggie got the better and more diverse flow.

8 - A genius that can rhyme and flow his ass off but sometimes tries too hard to sound smart/creative. and he really doesn't need to IMO.

Genius troll

Pick an era of Eminem
1996 Infinite to 2004 Encore

By not writing deep lyrics

Distant Relatives says he still got it. (but the production thing...yea

he can rap, brings it sometimes, but not a fan. Very much too emo at times

kodecraft

I'm up in here and it feels good.

Rank Kanye's albums

K. West albums I prefer

CD > MBDTF > LR > Grad > 808's and mistakes

Pick a coast to rep

3rd Coast

Neutral

Jello

Nasir

Flocka or Royce?

Rolls Royce

Friday Night Lights J. Cole is classic the Side liner j. Cole not so much

RZA, Meth, GZA

2Pac can rap, biggie can rap....they were rappers

a solid 7

Lil b was spittin' when he was with The Pack...by himself, hell 2 tha naw

Pick an era of Eminem

The Eminem Show

Yea like 3 feet deep?

Nas to me personally always had a handicapped ear for production

Not too much of a fan and I don't eat green eggs and ham.

Recon

Banned
I..Im honestly lost on how someone can like Kanye, but not like College Dropout. If there is any album that is a modern classic, thats it. So im glad to see the love.

Blackace

ReconYoda said:
I..Im honestly lost on how someone can like Kanye, but not like College Dropout. If there is any album that is a modern classic, thats it. So im glad to see the love.

Would you be shocked to hear I disagree with CD being called a classic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom