• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooooose

OB4CL 2 sucked for a few reasons:

a) it's mixed terribly by some oxy head that Rae is buds with
b) a lot of the production is old/reused
c) some of rae's verses are super corny (sonny's missing for example)
d) a lot of ghostface's verses are obviously ghost written, though delivered well in typical ghost fashion (long story, but i can tell they are ghost written)
e) the production was supposed to be entirely RZA with some dilla, and RZA had some serious heat for it but rae decided not to use RZA because he didn't want to be overshadowed
f) GZA and deck were supposed to be his sidekicks this time, not ghost, which would've been great because GZA's verses on the album were HEAT (his best in years), same with deck, but rae bitched out

OB4CL 2 would've been better if it was:
State of Grace
House of Flying Daggers
Pyrex Vision
Black Mozart (without chorus and weird mixtape shoutouts at the beginning)
New Wu (without that stupid SUUUUUU sound in the chorus that was not on the single but added to the album)
Surgical Gloves
10 Bricks
We Will Rob You (without Masta Killa's really stupid out of place verse)
Kiss The Ring
Rockstars & Smoking Barrels

That, to me, is a solid album. What came out is just a mess.

PBY

Banned
mooooose said:
OB4CL 2 sucked for a few reasons:

a) it's mixed terribly by some oxy head that Rae is buds with
b) a lot of the production is old/reused
c) some of rae's verses are super corny (sonny's missing for example)
d) a lot of ghostface's verses are obviously ghost written, though delivered well in typical ghost fashion (long story, but i can tell they are ghost written)
e) the production was supposed to be entirely RZA with some dilla, and RZA had some serious heat for it but rae decided not to use RZA because he didn't want to be overshadowed
f) GZA and deck were supposed to be his sidekicks this time, not ghost, which would've been great because GZA's verses on the album were HEAT (his best in years), same with deck, but rae bitched out

OB4CL 2 would've been better if it was:
State of Grace
House of Flying Daggers
Pyrex Vision
Black Mozart (without chorus and weird mixtape shoutouts at the beginning)
New Wu (without that stupid SUUUUUU sound in the chorus that was not on the single but added to the album)
Surgical Gloves
10 Bricks
We Will Rob You (without Masta Killa's really stupid out of place verse)
Kiss The Ring
Rockstars & Smoking Barrels

That, to me, is a solid album. What came out is just a mess.
What.. HNGGGGG.. nononononononooooooo

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
ChldRebelSoldr said:
I'm indifferent towards Khaled now. Not hating what he does but his name and his music does nothing for me.

I love the fact that he tricked the industry into making an album for him..

Blackace

Saren is Bad said:
Not that a lot of peeps in this thread give a shit, but Take Care track list:

1. Over My Dead Body
2. Shot For Me
3. Headlines
4. Crew Love ft. The Weeknd
5. Take Care ft. Rihanna
6. Marvins Room
7. Under Ground Kings
8. We’ll Be fine
9. Make Me Proud ft. Nicki Minaj
10. Lord Knows ft. Rick Ross
11. Cameras
12. Doing It Wrong
13. The Real Her ft. Andre 3000 & Lil Wayne
14. Look What You’ve Done
15. HYFR ft. Lil Wayne
16. Practice
17. The Ride

BONUS
18. Hate Sleeping Alone
19. Untitled ft. Lil Wayne

Lord Knows and The Real Her look to be good..

Blackace said:

It's bizarre, he made calls, got guys into studios and at the end of it all he stamped his name on it and posed for the cover.

AND those guys were ok with it.

PBY

Banned
MorisUkunRasik said:
It's bizarre, he made calls, got guys into studios and at the end of it all he stamped his name on it and posed for the cover.

I realize this- but honestly what he does requires a little more hustle than what you guys give him credit for; and while its not a lot, he does produce some tracks

Tokubetsu said:
Haha yo, dl that ASAP Rocky tape, put in your shit, whatever you use, turn up your shit, make sure your bass is up and play "Brand New Guy."

Amazing ass Schoolboy Q feature, god damn.
co-sign, get it now.

Blackace said:
Lord Knows and The Real Her look to be good..
I'm close to just giving up on andre 3000 with his latest verses.

That track is called Underground Kings and it's only drake....?

CRS

Blackace said:
Is it trickery though? I'm sure a lot of people actually like him, right?

Rappers aren't THAT dumb to give away music like that.
HAHAHAHAHAHAH. :(

Blackace

MorisUkunRasik said:

He had Lex Lugar beats and the whole nine...

I can understand why CMYM was all over it but everyone else?

Dude parlayed holding Fat Joe's umbrella into this tho.. so I can't be mad at him..

overcast said:
We'll see which Andre shows up.

I ain't going lie, I'd be more hyped for Big Boi..

But the whole Andre wouldn't bless his albums before story and whatnot should light a fire under him..

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
ChldRebelSoldr said:
Is it trickery though? I'm sure a lot of people actually like him, right?

Rappers aren't THAT dumb to give away music like that.
HAHAHAHAHAHAH. :(
have you ever heard a chart topper song from dj cabbage that had less than two artist on it.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
That Maniac video is some pretentious ass bullshit, I wanna punch cudi in the fucking mouth after watching that garbage. I dont think anyone will one up Kanye's shitfest of self masturbatory nonsense, but that came close.

PBY

Banned
siddx said:
That Maniac video is some pretentious ass bullshit, I wanna punch cudi in the fucking mouth after watching that garbage. I dont think anyone will one up Kanye's shitfest of self masturbatory nonsense, but that came close.
It really annoyed me that they didn't have the song on the video haha

overcast

Blackace said:
I ain't going lie, I'd be more hyped for Big Boi..

But the whole Andre wouldn't bless his albums before story and whatnot should light a fire under him..
Me too, after Lucious Left Foot I respect Big Boi a lot more. Maybe Andre feels like spitting now.. to hype up his "album".

It will just be another lazy verse from Andre, let's just lower expectations before disappointment.

Also, I think that ASAP tape might just be a bit too chill for me lol.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
siddx said:
i still haven't seen it yet, maybe i shouldn't watch it all.

siddx

Complex Shadow said:
i still haven't seen it yet, maybe i shouldn't watch it all.

They talk in French...they talk in fucking french. Like some college art film where some putz fuckhead decided to make his short film more artsy by having everyone speak French.
Not to mention it's features Cudi in his little sister's jeans pretending to be a badass. Go get in a fistfight with a door again you bitch. Every so often I'm reminded that Cudi is one of the very few artists whose music I love despite thinking he's a fucking tool.

siddx said:
They talk in French...they talk in fucking french. Like some college art film where some putz fuckhead decided to make his short film more artsy by having everyone speak French.
Not to mention it's features Cudi in his little sister's jeans pretending to be a badass. Go get in a fistfight with a door again you bitch. Every so often I'm reminded that Cudi is one of the very few artists whose music I love despite thinking he's a fucking tool.

didnt shia labidoof direct that video? may explain the stupid

Kaizer

Banned
kamspy said:
That ASAP Rocky tape is right.

So is Ambition. Don't forget to buy it tomorrow.
Got a chance to listen to Ambition, pretty good, a nice step up from Attention Deficit. I've never listened to ASAP Rocky before, what's his style?

siddx

effingvic said:
didnt shia labidoof direct that video? may explain the stupid

You know the two of them sat down together and came up with that bullshit. Cudi is too much of a pretentious hipster dipshit to not have had a large hand in the whole thing.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
siddx said:
You know the two of them sat down together and came up with that bullshit. Cudi is too much of a pretentious hipster dipshit to not have had a large hand in the whole thing.
man it saddens me knowing he wasn't always like that. maybe he should just stay high.

Macca

Does GAF-Hop do end of year awards? Like, best song, best producer etc? I know we do best album, but all the other shit would be awesome to vote on too!

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Macca007 said:
Does GAF-Hop do end of year awards? Like, best song, best producer etc? I know we do best album, but all the other shit would be awesome to vote on too!
best album: kanye
best artist : kanye
best single: kanye
see a pattern?

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Macca007 said:
Yes. You have bad taste in every catergory. Pretty clear pattern to me.
i ama still vote kanye.

peterb0y said:
you missed best producer

on a more serious note i really don't know who would be best anything. like producer i would have to listen to every album i listened this year....fuck that.

Cudder

Did Ambition leak? Haven't been keeping up with that album at all really. I'm going to assume it has just because every album other than WTT does.

Annnd for anyone that's heard it, is it comparable to More About Nothing? I loved that tape, but hated AD.

PBY

Banned
Complex Shadow said:
i ama still vote kanye.

on a more serious note i really don't know who would be best anything. like producer i would have to listen to every album i listened this year....fuck that.
I think Kanye should win, but I get a feeling that its No ID's or Kno's year.

PBY

Banned
Complex Shadow said:
see that reminded me Oneirology came out this year. that was a fucking great album. how could i forget. i am the worst judge ever.
its all good dude, just remember that yeezy taught you come voting time.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
No I.D. wins producer of this year hands down. No competition.

Next is Kanye for Illest Motherfucker Alive.

Next is some boring linguist of sorts.

Kaizer

Banned
enzo_gt said:
No I.D. wins producer of this year hands down. No competition.
Definitely, I feel like No I.D. is always around, yet he rarely gets the respect or attention for the wonderful beats he's given the rap world over the years.

I mean, he mentored Kanye - you'd figure every rapper would be killing themselves trying to get beats from him. Big Sean lucked out big time on that front, J.Cole too since he did some work with. Can't wait to see how this Common album sounds.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kaizer said:
Definitely, I feel like No I.D. is always around, yet he rarely gets the respect or attention for the wonderful beats he's given the rap world over the years.

I mean, he mentored Kanye - you'd figure every rapper would be killing themselves trying to get beats from him. Big Sean lucked out big time on that front, J.Cole too since he did some work with. Can't wait to see how this Common album sounds.
Yeah I think both Big Sean and Cole got hella lucky to have No I.D. on board.

Don't forget Cocaine80s either, makes No I.D.'s portfolio oh so much stronger.

And that Common album, man I couldn't possibly be more hyped for it at this point.

What did No I.D. do in between like 98-2008?

I remember how dope he was on all the old Common albums, and then didn't really hear his name for a while...then in the past couple years, dude has been amazing again.

Was he just letting Kanye do his thing for a while or something?

also, I just watched Attack the Block yesterday, starring spindashing

Blackace

If Lex didn't get overused I might have voted for him.. but now you can see his two trick pony..

While not doing enough to get consideration I think Nitti is an unsung hero of producers..

I loved his Preach and Get Big beats for Dorrough

hubes

soul creator said:
What did No I.D. do in between like 98-2008?

I remember how dope he was on all the old Common albums, and then didn't really hear his name for a while...then in the past couple years, dude has been amazing again.

Was he just letting Kanye do his thing for a while or something?
he was locked up in kanyes basement making beats for him

iavi

Haha, yeah... Earl needs to get out of wherever the hell he is and drop some heat for that crew. This shit isn't flying.

DominoKid

Tguy said:
20111031-ASAP.jpg

Download

So many mixtapes out today... god damn.

this mixtape is fucking incredible.

Rocky is magic. It's easy to say he's only as good as the beat behind him, but I really think it's rare to see someone so new and so polished. I really think he can be huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom