• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

Doggfather bad? you couldve at least said Blue Carpet Treatment bad.

ya'll gon hype me up and make me catch a body like that

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
IrishNinja said:
Doggfather bad? you couldve at least said Blue Carpet Treatment bad.

ya'll gon hype me up and make me catch a body like that

Blue Carpet had its moments... Doggfather didn't

See where I am going with this?

Blackace

Complex Shadow said:
what do you mean by that? are you saying only half of 2001 was good? ....what....

the quality of 2001 takes a downturn on the latter half of the album..

IrishNinja

Blackace said:
See where I am going with this?

uh-huh.

10i9x51.jpg

with a W

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Macca007 said:
We fly high, no lie, you know this. CURLIN!
FUCK. LOL. this got me good.

edit:

new fat joe. i don't really care. thought other gaffers might =/

1. Welcome To The Darkside (Feat. French Montana)
2. Dopeman (Feat. Jadakiss & Dre of Cool & Dre)
3. So Fly (Feat. Arland)
4. Big Business
5. Angels Say
6. Pushing Keys (Feat. Raekwon)
7. Drop A Body
8. My Lord
9. F**k Them Other Niggas
10. Around The World (Feat. Arland)

TheOddOne

kamspy said:
OB4CL is basically a Wu posse album. If not that, you could call it a Ghostface album as much as a Rae album. I know Rae's name is on it, but let's be real. It was just the clan in the lab whipped up that good. Immobiliarity was where, IMO, Rae showed his weakness (minimal clan features).

He's basically just a great sidekick for Ghostface imo.
What the fuck is this blasphemous shit?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Due to the discussion, I gave OB4CL2 a full revisit and deleted it down to the tracks I somewhat like.

Was left with:

House of Flying Daggers
Pyrex Vision
Surgical Gloves
Broken Safety
Ason Jones
Have Mercy
Fat Lady Sings (huh, never realized the Last Night In Scotland beat plays at the beginning)
Kiss the Ring
kept - 8 of 22

I figured it was only fair to do the same for SvWT....

I only deleted:

Silver Rings
Chop Chop Ninja
kept - 17 of 19

Finally, I went through Immobilarity just for the comparison lulz and kept:

Casablanca
Real Life
Power
Fuck Them
Live From New York
My Favorite Dread
The Table
Sneakers
Heart to Heart
kept - 9 of 19

Linx 2 was closer in composure to Immobilarity than it was the original Linx. I'm dead serious, and don't take that as the ultimate insult. They're alike in having gems, but there's clearly a lot of sub-par beats and hook choices. Immo's lows were just WAY FUCKING LOWER (you liked this beat for a fucking OB4CL follow-up album Rae?!).

Blackace

GodfatherX said:
Doggfather, like 75% of Snoops discography is utter shit

Snoop has some solid albums, but yeah I think Doggfather is universally considered horrible like TICAL 2000

Blackace

IrishNinja said:
someone's name is gettin underlined

Write it down, take a picture! I don't give a f@ck! /smokey

Real talk Meth made a bad album.. He rebounded correctly

Say what you will about Marq Spekt, but MacheteVisions is mmm mmm good. The production is more than enough to make up for whatever he might lack. Kno and his samples mang, gotDAMN.

overcast

Net_Wrecker said:
Say what you will about Marq Spekt, but MacheteVisions is mmm mmm good. The production is more than enough to make up for whatever he might lack. Kno and his samples mang, gotDAMN.
IDK. I haven't been listening to it much. Black and Brown overshadowed it. I loved Kno's production, just the lyrics really did NOTHING for me.

CRS

toasty_T said:
Kno needs to go back to releasing instrumental albums. He really stepped his game up since he stopped.
He'll probably release an instrumental album of MacheteVision. I'll be very surprised if he doesn't because he's done it so far for Death is Silent and Oneirology.

Just don't feel Marq spekt that much at all, production is solid but not Oneirology or DiS level, really hopeful for Chico and the Man though

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
RJT said:
I'm with you both. I already got flamed on GAF-HOP for that reason...
Does this mean by default y'all agree OB4CL2 was hot, bloated trash?

Cause back when that hit I got shit for being one of the few who thought that. Never have I seen so many filler tracks on an album. It's like an audio guide for how to make filler tracks.

Esch

Banned
OB4CL2 is just getting backlash from being loved upon its release. TBH it was the first Wu stuff that wasnt crap since fishscale, so its understandable. Personally I love it:

Baggin Crack, Ason Jones, Kiss the Ring, House of Flying Daggers, New Wu, Pyrex Vision, Jihad, Have Mercy, 10 Bricks, Sonny's Missing, Gihad, We Will Rob You... All cuts that i enjoyed a lot. Get rid of the filler in there and it's definitely top5 post-2000 Wu efforts. And it's way better than SvWT, put down the crack pipes kids.

Blackace

coldvein said:
hahah. true enough. and i respect you for that, regardless of our other differences of opinion.

Its all love in GAF-Hop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom