• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
The Rae/Ghost collab chamber is also why Ironman is a fucking classic. Rae made that album what it was, no lie.
Pinko Marx said:
nah I didn't see it, repost.
Here. I have more on deck, but give me feedback on Dot first.

Detox said:
K. Jack you deleted
Mean Streets and About Me (Busta kills this as usual)
These are among my favourites from OB4CL2...
Mean Streets chorus kills it for me. I think I got delete happy with About Me though, but the beat is so uninspired and needs to be sped up. Dre probably made that in two minutes and said fuck it.

Can some just use the "Source" Magazine font, for the GAF-HOP logo.GAF-HOP written in that font, as the logo should suffice. And the hand with the MIC on the logo has the Neo-Gaf logo.
logo.png

Usually, underneath the logo they have a taggline. The last OT has the perfect taggline.
Example
the_source_logo.jpg

Not that a lot of peeps in this thread give a shit, but Take Care track list:

1. Over My Dead Body
2. Shot For Me
3. Headlines
4. Crew Love ft. The Weeknd
5. Take Care ft. Rihanna
6. Marvins Room
7. Under Ground Kings
8. We’ll Be fine
9. Make Me Proud ft. Nicki Minaj
10. Lord Knows ft. Rick Ross
11. Cameras
12. Doing It Wrong
13. The Real Her ft. Andre 3000 & Lil Wayne
14. Look What You’ve Done
15. HYFR ft. Lil Wayne
16. Practice
17. The Ride

BONUS
18. Hate Sleeping Alone
19. Untitled ft. Lil Wayne

joelseph

Saren is Bad said:
Not that a lot of peeps in this thread give a shit, but Take Care track list:

1. Over My Dead Body
2. Shot For Me
3. Headlines
4. Crew Love ft. The Weeknd
5. Take Care ft. Rihanna
6. Marvins Room
7. Under Ground Kings
8. We’ll Be fine
9. Make Me Proud ft. Nicki Minaj
10. Lord Knows ft. Rick Ross
11. Cameras
12. Doing It Wrong
13. The Real Her ft. Andre 3000 & Lil Wayne
14. Look What You’ve Done
15. HYFR ft. Lil Wayne
16. Practice
17. The Ride

BONUS
18. Hate Sleeping Alone
19. Untitled ft. Lil Wayne

Fuck the haters, I appreciate it.

joelseph

I appreciate Drake so much more after I realized all the production work he is doing in the UK with people like SBTRKT and Jamie XX. A great position to be in for the future for sure.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Rae is Ghost's sidekick. He's boring as fuck on his own, just another new york rapper talking about the same old shit. At least Ghost is funny about it. Shit I'd rather listen to U-God.
And yes, OBFCL2 is about 10 tracks too long. But it did give us New Wu, which made me think Rza still has some talent in him somewhere.

siddx said:
Rae is Ghost's sidekick. He's boring as fuck on his own, just another new york rapper talking about the same old shit. At least Ghost is funny about it. Shit I'd rather listen to U-God.
And yes, OBFCL2 is about 10 tracks too long. But it did give us New Wu, which made me think Rza still has some talent in him somewhere.
So much truth here, it hurts.

Tokubetsu

New Gibbs is out but it's getting fucking hammered and I can't find an alt link.

Nvm here we go:
http://www.mediafire.com/?rzk5r4a1mcrlcrv

McDON.jpg

siddx said:

It's funny. I can't really listen to Rae if I'm burning. You zone out and it becomes apparent that a 98% of the time, he isn't saying shit. You just sit there, all "Wtf are you talking about Rae?" The Curren$y track, "Michael Knight Remix" with him on it is hilarious because of this.

siddx said:
Truth.

Detox said:
This man... I don't know whether to respect him for going plat by doing nothing or hate him...
http://i.imgur.com/wA3JU.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
HE DA BEST

Detox said:
This man... I don't know whether to respect him for going plat by doing nothing or hate him...
wA3JU.jpg
What you mean he "doesn't do nothing" Dude puts in work. Is not fucking easy getting a hit record as some of ya think. And in this day of age with the internet and economy and all. You have to give the man props for going platinum. Homeboy is getting people on the dance, and they're loving it! The people have spoken, end of story.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Detox said:
wA3JU.jpg

Gotta respect that hustle and drive. Every year he has something out. Gets the talent on records, has the connections and personality to get airplay as well . Dude is doing his thang. I can't hate.

JackEtc

Finally got around to listening to Ambition. Liking it so far. My first (only) Wale album was Attention Deficit, which I got into because of Chillin' (Gaga), and liked it enough to keep in my library (I love "Diary").

I think my favorite track so far is "Chain Music". Dat beat.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Knux-Future said:
I like how Shia still found a way to go nonononono... It's like he knows that's what he's known for.

Still they could have worked the actual song in there...so for that it's a bit of a let down coming off of the badass Mr. Rager video
It's by far the best track on the album, I'm kinda sad they didn't make a video for MANIAC explicitly. MANIAC is the only part of MotM2 where I actually got the same, out of this world, fresh unique feel like I did with MotM1.

OG Kush

ShinobiFist said:
Can some just use the "Source" Magazine font, for the GAF-HOP logo.GAF-HOP written in that font, as the logo should suffice. And the hand with the MIC on the logo has the Neo-Gaf logo.
logo.png

Usually, underneath the logo they have a taggline. The last OT has the perfect taggline.
Example
the_source_logo.jpg
Those are 2 different fonts.

overcast

Sure, but he's also made a lot of shitty music. Just saying.

Random, but I saw this poster near where I live that Layzie Bone is playing in this small as venue. I live in a pretty populated area, but certainly not a big city. So random.

kamspy

overcast said:
I'm going to hate on Khaled since none of you will. He sucks. Don't care that he has a platinum album. Lol.

What does he suck at? AFAIK, all he really does is promote and DJ.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
spindashing said:
And let's not forget this.

I feel intelligence is my wealth/However, how enormous is Nas' pockets is a pop quiz to gossipers

God. Damn.
Victory (the song) > Untitled. That song.. that motherfucker.

Man, there's like a spectrum of Nas and this is the only colour I want. Nas went off on that shit.

CRS

I'm indifferent towards Khaled now. Not hating what he does but his name and his music does nothing for me.

Tokubetsu

Haha yo, dl that ASAP Rocky tape, put in your shit, whatever you use, turn up your shit, make sure your bass is up and play "Brand New Guy."

Amazing ass Schoolboy Q feature, god damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom