• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iavi

Complex Shadow said:
isn't he in some boarding school because his mom found out about odd future.

That was eventually confirmed wasn't it? Yeah, I guess. My hype for the group is fading with the quickness. I've heard nothing but trash-tier stuff from Frank since acuraintegurl (not counting his WTT fts), Goblin got old incredibly fast, and the BLACKENDWHITE rerelease didn't do much for me.

Tyler or one of the crew was pumping some new 'Jet age of the Future' shit on twitter a few weeks ago, but idk if that ever dropped.

HiResDes said:
Should we add old ass where is Earl discussions to the cycle?

Might as well.

DominoKid said:
this mixtape is fucking incredible.

Rocky is magic. It's easy to say he's only as good as the beat behind him, but I really think it's rare to see someone so new and so polished. I really think he can be huge.

So far the keeper tracks IMO

Palace
Peso
Bass
Out of this World

Bummer that "Grippin Woodgrain" wasn't on this tape. That's his best recent track besides Palace, and you can download it here:

http://hulkshare.com/oi55xsox4gee

Second verse is already my verse of the year.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to checking out that ASAP Rocky tape (I hope it's as awesome as the Spaceghostpurrp shit) and Gibbs tape tomorrow massively. Hopefully Ambition shows up on Spotify in the morning. I'd like to give it a spin.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Miri said:
That was eventually confirmed wasn't it? Yeah, I guess. My hype for the group is fading with the quickness. I've heard nothing but trash-tier stuff from Frank since acuraintegurl (not counting his WTT fts), Goblin got old incredibly fast, and the BLACKENDWHITE rerelease didn't do much for me.

Tyler or one of the crew was pumping some new 'Jet age of the Future' shit on twitter a few weeks ago, but idk if that ever dropped.
All I know for sure is odd future i nothing without earl. Dude shouldve went with another label.

iavi

Complex Shadow said:
All I know for sure is odd future i nothing without earl. Dude shouldve went with another label.

If he even continues with music, seeing what he comes swinging out of the gates with is actually one of my more anticipated events in music period. His EP is the one OF release that just doesn't die.

HiResDes

I disagree and think Mellowhype is superb...

Anyway I like ASAP Rocky and all, but dude really would be nothing without the production, which isn't necessarily a knock against him or anything...But, for example on Brand New Day after Schoolboy Q finished rapping, I was like who the fuck is this guy again...Like I kind of hoped that he was just featured and not vice-versa. Schoolboy Q''s verse made me question Rocky's entire presence, his entire existence.

Ryudo

My opinion? USED.
This one isnt new but I am really digging the 90's samples;

Pretty nice and chilled. Was pleasantly suprised, he is definately getting much better.

overcast

So is ASAP just a "swag" rapper? I'll download the mixtape, even though I have a lot of other music (still need to listen to Ambition).

Kaizer

Banned
Miri said:
Haha, yeah... Earl needs to get out of wherever the hell he is and drop some heat for that crew. This shit isn't flying.
Seriously, I want him to come back and totally be repressed, angry as hell & get on some early 00's Eminem shit. His album is still my fav out of everything I've heard from the group. And that Syd vid? Uhmm, okay I guess, but not for me.

HiResDes said:
I disagree and think Mellowhype is superb...

Anyway I like ASAP Rocky and all, but dude really would be nothing without the production, which isn't necessarily a knock against him or anything...But, for example on Brand New Day after Schoolboy Q finished rapping, I was like who the fuck is this guy again...Like I kind of hoped that he was just featured and not vice-versa. Schoolboy Q''s verse made me question Rocky's entire presence, his entire existence.
Schoolboy Q presence is a present on that song. For real though, he ripped that shit. I'm looking forward to his new mixtape even more now...

About to start listening to that freddie gibbs tape now.

CRS

Artist of the Year: Big K.R.I.T.
Album of the Year: Oneirology
Producer of the Year: Kno or Big K.R.I.T.
Best Single: Big K.R.I.T. - Money on the Floor

overcast

Miri said:
Not really. That's not chump-era Lupe.
Yeah, I know. He was probably sarcastic. I hate to make assumptions, but I dobut Asap Rocky has made anything close to as good as F&L, The Cool, or even a few of the mixtapes.

DominoKid

overcast said:
So is ASAP just a "swag" rapper? I'll download the mixtape, even though I have a lot of other music (still need to listen to Ambition).

I wouldn't tip the needle all the way on swag. Rocky's not a lyrical beast although he can put some solid verses together when he wants too. But he's got a real knack for saying catchy, relatable shit and his flow is pretty sick. So it's swag in that sense.

He talks his style in this Complex feature (good read btw)

“‘Purple Swag’ is really self explanatory. ‘Purple drink, I still sip/Purple weed, blunt still lit/Real nigga/Real bitch/Purple swag, that trill shit.’ It’s just showing you that everybody can fuck with that shit. Niggas, bitches, we all can fuck with that shit. Then I just started spitting some Houston shit, ‘The candy cars/I’m coming down/That paint drip/I still tip/That pimp shit/She ain’t plan to fuck, I still hit/That’s swag, bitch.’ [Laughs.]

“Any nigga can say that shit. How many dates have you been on, where you’re like, ‘Man, I don’t even know if I’m going to fuck this bitch. I want to fuck her so bad.’ At the end of the night, it’s like, ‘I fucked that bitch. I feel so good about myself. That’s swag, bitch.’ You can’t say I’m selling anybody a lie. I’m just keeping it real, that’s all. Got to keep it trill.”

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
siddx said:
You know the two of them sat down together and came up with that bullshit. Cudi is too much of a pretentious hipster dipshit to not have had a large hand in the whole thing.

it's a send up of this flick Man Bites Dog... It's shot similarly (with a film crew following a "maniac") and it's a french film.

Great short film. i couldn't have expected anything better from the feel of the song.

overcast said:

cool cool, ty!

IrishNinja

ChldRebelSoldr said:
I'm indifferent towards Khaled now. Not hating what he does but his name and his music does nothing for me.

yeah, kinda reaching that point myself too. i mean, NY's got its share of hypemen that made careers out of it, and im sure they think they're the best too.

little early but

Artist of the Year: GZA
Album of the Year: Liquid Swords 2
Producer of the Year: RZA (see above)
Best Single: B.I.E.B.E.R. (Basic Instructions: Everyone Believes Emcees Resurrect featuring Justin Bieber)

DominoKid

IrishNinja said:
yeah, kinda reaching that point myself too. i mean, NY's got its share of hypemen that made careers out of it, and im sure they think they're the best too.

little early but

Artist of the Year: GZA
Album of the Year: Liquid Swords 2
Producer of the Year: RZA (see above)
Best Single: B.I.E.B.E.R. (Basic Instructions: Everyone Believes Emcees Resurrect featuring the spirit of Ol Dirty Bastard with Justin Bieber as his vessel)

FIFY

DominoKid

my b. i thought everybody knew the Wu had mastered the 365 arts of spirit channeling.

i hope everybody is keeping up w/ their mathematics.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
ChldRebelSoldr said:
Artist of the Year: Big K.R.I.T.

Best Single: Big K.R.I.T. - Money on the Floor

co-signing..

Artist of the year still a little up in the air for me.. but Krit in the running for sure

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Tokubetsu said:
Told you fuckers Schoolboy Q was the truth. He tore that track a new asshole and mad eit his god damn home.

For those who haven't heard it:
http://youtu.be/OVbFFl1g30Y

Grimey as fuck.
Where were you when I posted it a week ago? SOME FAN YOU ARE.

HABITS and contradictions is gonna be good.

Okay what's the deal with A$AP guy? I listened to two songs of his on YouTube (Purple swag or some shit was one) and he's.. unremarkable. Not only does he look like Curren$y, he has the same boring rhymes saying the same shit every line too. What is the hype about? Is his tape as bad as this shit?

Detox

He got a $3 million dollar deal apart from that I don't know why he has so much hype. I agree about the currensy bit as well.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Detox said:
He got a $3 million dollar deal apart from that I don't know why he has so much hype. I agree about the currensy bit as well.
Yeah an article on the 3 milli deal was what made me give him a shot. Shit, one 2 milli of a Drake is better than this. And shit, I can get 1.5 Drakes for the same price.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Gaf :(
Yesterday my car was broken into.
Motherfuckers took all my CDs!
I had
Wu tang 36 and Forever
All eyes on me
Some ludacris
Outkast aquemini
Bone thugs greatest hits
Raekwon OBFCL
TRIBE called quest low end theory
Currensy pilot talk
Black album
And a lot of other shit.

If any of you in South Miami come across this on the streets, post about it!!!

Please and thank you

Esch

Banned
Ambition has a lot of shit on it. Boring, baby thighs shit. Wale isn't capable of making a classic, and probably never will be IMO. Not as bad as his last, but i dont think i'll ever be a fan.

This ASAP Rocky is just bland as fuck. God I hate agreeing with enzo.

EDIT: I actually listened to RollingStoned and surprisingly had a good time with it. DZA knows he cant float without features and planned accordingly, really solid album

njean777

After listening to Ambition once through I give it a 3.5/5 its not bad, but it def. is not as good as attention deficit for me. Also why is "Maybach Music" chanted on the first couple songs its a nit pick but its annoying none the less.

abuC

Heaven Can wait - Freddie Gibbs = FLAMES.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnIj393ZlYY

150gifslik6.gif

His new mixtape is dope.

iavi

You have production from luger on that shit. Kreayshawn is on that shit. Even the mothafuckin Birdman is on that shit. This is going to be AOTY.

njean777

Change my score to a 4 for Ambition on my 3rd playthrough and it grew on me. I actually dont mind his "slow jams". This coming from somebody who hated Cole World due to every other song being about bitches and pussy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom