• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onemic

[*]Rank Kanye's albums:

1) My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy(magnum opus, but registration comes damn close)
2) Late registration
3) College Dropout
4) Graduation
5) 808's and Heartbreak(duh)

[*]Pick a coast to rep

- West side till we DIE!(I'm from Toronto though so I guess I'm a traitor)

[*]Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion

- Biggie was a MUCH better Lyracist, his flow is unmatched and I find it hard to believe that anyone will ever match it

- Pac while not as great a rapper technically, had a much more consistent output of albums pre-death than biggie, who only had 2 and you could tell where he was going with the second....
- overall I still pick pac because of his consistency of albums, however Biggie's Ready to Die is better than any of Pacs albums easily. 

[*]Make a comparison between Khalifa and something soft

-Nah, he soft like charmin tissue paper

[*]Decide who you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef.

-Is this even a question? Nas mopped the floor with Jay-Z on Ether. FACT

[*]Flocka or Royce?

- Dont really listen to either but Royce gets the nod just because of the cred

[*]What you think of J. Cole?

- Over fucking rated. Just like Kid Cudi, but you know, actually somewhat decent

[*]Who is the best Wu-Tang member? (+optional: Rae vs. Ghost)

Overall it goes to Ghostface, 3 albums of pure classic wufire(Ironman, Supreme Clientele, and Fishscale)

Gza has the best overall album though

Rae is amazing BTW

[*]Can 2pac rap? (Or do Biggie got DAT FLOW?)
- Like I said before Pac can rap, but no one touchs Biggies flow. NO ONE.

[*]Rate Lupe on a scale of 1-10 (+ call him a dumbass for Lasers and political views)

pre lasers? 8.5/10

Post lasers? 4/10 I believe he created a song call "dumb it Down" not knowing that only 3 years later he himself would dumb it down himself....dumbass

[*]Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged?

- Little bit of both. Fuck it, he just cray
[*]Pick an era of Eminem

All albums before encore, dudes worthless now

[*]How does Drake write such deep lyrics?

- by saying a bunch of shit, pausing, then saying a one word line that sounds clever. (don't hate him though, he's my Canadian boy!)
"I hope no one heard dat.....I hope no one heard dat... Cuz if they do I'm gonna be in some troubleeeee"

[*]Is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production? 

YES YES and YES. This is coming from a former hardcore Nas fan. Illmatic or bust.

[*]Joe Budden: Introspective and witty, or annoying emo fetus killing asshole?

- Just an irrelevent piece of shit that likes to rile shit up with other equally irrelevent pieces of shit and subsequentlly get shit on in the process

[*]Bonus: Answer every one of these questions again once in a while for the remainder of your stay here.

- Fire Away!

overcast

OG Kush said:
20111101-UNDUN.jpg

so hyped.
Can't wait for this.

Throavium

That Black and Brown, like I said before, comes with seriousness.

The new Roots album looks good, especially with a short tracklist. I like short tracklists.

Beezy

HiResDes said:
waste of time...Especially considering all of the ill shit that just came out
Which ones are actually good? There's too much. I like ASAP's, wasn't feeling 2 Chainz too much but I'll give it another chance. Haven't tried listening to anything else yet.

Onemic

Throavium said:
That Black and Brown, like I said before, comes with seriousness.

The new Roots album looks good, especially with a short tracklist. I like short tracklists.

And when have the Roots ever made a bad album?(okay tipping point, but other than that!)

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
DominoKid said:
2 Chainz new mixtape comes out...probably by the time I finish posting this lol.

Have to admit 2 Chainz has been growing on me..

HiResDes

Beezy said:
Which ones are actually good? There's too much. I like ASAP's, wasn't feeling 2 Chainz too much but I'll give it another chance. Haven't tried listening to anything else yet.
You chose to listen to Tity Boi, that's your fault.

Kaizer

Banned
Blackace said:
Have to admit 2 Chainz has been growing on me..
"Spend It" plays like three times an hour down here in the ATL, so I hear him quite alot going across town, dude's definitely grown on me.

JackEtc

lol, I didn't even see the questions in the OP. I'll answer them for shits and giggles, even though (according this thread) I'm not even CLOSE to how much you guys are into Hip-Hop. I probably won't be able to answer them all =\

Rank Kanye's albums
MBDTF, College Dropout, Late Registration, Graduation, 808's

Pick a coast to rep
East.

Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion
Biggie, no contest. 2Pac is alright, but I was introduced to Big first, and his flow is amazing.

Make a comparison between Khalifa and something soft
I avoid Wiz, but he's softer than fox news is biased.

Decide who you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef.
*wikipedia* Jay.

Flocka or Royce?
Never heard Royce, not that big of a Flocka guy, so I'll say...Baracka.

What you think of J. Cole?
Nope. I think the only song I heard by him that I could tolerate was "Higher".

Who is the best Wu-Tang member? (+optional: Rae vs. Ghost)
M-E-T-H-O-D MAN. Inspectah is a very close second though, his opening verse in "Triumph" is one of my favorite verses ever. He KILLS it.

Can 2pac rap? (Or do Biggie got DAT FLOW?)
He can rap, but not like Biggie.

Rate Lupe on a scale of 1-10 (+ call him a dumbass for Lasers and political views)
5, don't like the guy because of the stupid political songs.

Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged?
A little of both.

Pick an era of Eminem
Never was a fan of Eminem, but if I had to pick, I'd say Slim Shady.

How does Drake write such deep lyrics?
ಠ_ಠ

Is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production?
Someone else needs to produce for him. I still enjoy listening to Illmatic.

Joe Budden: Introspective and witty, or annoying emo fetus killing asshole?
Who?

Blackace

Kaizer said:
"Spend It" plays like three times an hour down here in the ATL, so I hear him quite alot going across town, dude's definitely grown on me.

He brought it in the song Preach..

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
JackEtc said:
lol, I didn't even see the questions in the OP. I'll answer them for shits and giggles, even though (according this thread) I'm not even CLOSE to how much you guys are into Hip-Hop. I probably won't be able to answer them all =\

ಠ_ಠ
( ಠ◡ಠ )

Onemic

JackEtc said:

Rank Kanye's albums
MBDTF, College Dropout, Late Registration, Graduation, 808's

Pick a coast to rep
East.

Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion
Biggie, no contest. 2Pac is alright, but I was introduced to Big first, and his flow is amazing.

Make a comparison between Khalifa and something soft
I avoid Wiz, but he's softer than fox news is biased.

Decide who you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef.
*wikipedia* Jay.

Flocka or Royce?
Never heard Royce, not that big of a Flocka guy, so I'll say...Baracka.

What you think of J. Cole?
Nope. I think the only song I heard by him that I could tolerate was "Higher".

Who is the best Wu-Tang member? (+optional: Rae vs. Ghost)
M-E-T-H-O-D MAN. Inspectah is a very close second though, his opening verse in "Triumph" is one of my favorite verses ever. He KILLS it.

Can 2pac rap? (Or do Biggie got DAT FLOW?)
He can rap, but not like Biggie.

Rate Lupe on a scale of 1-10 (+ call him a dumbass for Lasers and political views)
5, don't like the guy because of the stupid political songs.

Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged?
A little of both.

Pick an era of Eminem
Never was a fan of Eminem, but if I had to pick, I'd say Slim Shady.

ಠ_ಠ

Is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production?
Someone else needs to produce for him. I still enjoy listening to Illmatic.

Joe Budden: Introspective and witty, or annoying emo fetus killing asshole?
Who?

So much wrong in this answer and not enough right

JackEtc

onemic said:
So much wrong in this answer and not enough right
:lol I told you. Completely incompetent compared to you all. But care to elaborate? I'm guessing you are talking about the Wu-Tang answer since you bolded it.

Hey, at least I'm better than pretty much everyone else that goes to my school who jack off to Drake, T-Pain, Wiz, and Nicki Minaj.

Onemic

JackEtc said:
:lol I told you. Completely incompetent compared to you all. But care to elaborate? I'm guessing you are talking about the Wu-Tang answer since you bolded it.

Hey, at least I'm better than pretty much everyone else that goes to my school who jack off to Drake, T-Pain, Wiz, and Nicki Minaj.

Method and Inspectah are on the lower end of the Wu hierachy. Go listen to Liquid swords, only built for cuban linx, or Ironman and you'll see what I mean

Blackace said:
Royce has cred?

Not really, but more so than flocka. I don't listen to either actually.

The M.O.B

Does Lupe really have that much "political songs"?

People put him down for that but most of his political noise is said outside of his music.

I like to think that what an artist does with his music should be judge solely on that and not what he does outside of music.

onemic said:

It has "Word I Never Said" and thats it.

Onemic

The M.O.B said:

People put him down for that but most of his political noise is said outside of his music.

I like to think that what an artist does with his music should be judge solely on that and not what he does outside of music.

Lasers

Blackace

onemic said:
Method and Inspectah are on the lower end of the Wu hierachy. Go listen to Liquid swords, only built for cuban linx, or Ironman and you'll see what I mean

lol.. wow..

overcast

The M.O.B said:

American Terrorist is political, but it's a great song.

DominoKid

[*]Rank Kanye's albums: MBDTF > LR > CD > Grad > 808

[*]Pick a coast to rep: South

[*]Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion: Biggie's music. Pac's persona and attitude.

[*]Make a comparison between Khalifa and something soft: something something something Nicki Minaj's ass

[*]Decide who you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef: Nas won the battle, Jay won at life.

[*]Flocka or Royce: Flocka. Royce can keep his boring rappity rap to himself.

[*]What you think of J. Cole: He's stuck somewhere between a shitty impersonation of Kanye and Drake. Really like his beats though

[*]Who is the best Wu-Tang member: In the confines of the crew, RZA probably. As solo artists, Ghost by far.

[*]Can 2pac rap? (Or do Biggie got DAT FLOW?): Yes...why is this a question

[*]Rate Lupe on a scale of 1-10 (+ call him a dumbass for Lasers and political views): On ability he's probably a 7, in practice he's throwing up a 4 right now and that's being generous.

[*]Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged? Absolutely genius.

[*]Pick an era of Eminem: He was cool up until Encore. his newer shit is turrible.

[*]How does Drake write such deep lyrics? He writes from the heart and for himself.

[*]Is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production? Yes.

[*]Joe Budden: Introspective and witty, or annoying emo fetus killing asshole? Terrible rapper, worse human being.

[*]Bonus: Answer every one of these questions again once in a while for the remainder of your stay here: Nah usually when I see the cycle in effect I bail out. That's why certain posters/topics I don't even acknowledge.

Onemic

K.Jack said:
I think it's you who needs to slow down a sec.

Considering the hierarchy isn't that much to begin with, I'm not condemning them.(it's pretty much those 5 plus ODB and Masta Killa. UGOD and cappadonna don't count...oh ya and now redman!) And I'd definitely put both of them under ODB.

Blackace

onemic said:
Considering the hierarchy isn't that much to begin with, I'm not condemning them.(it's pretty much those 5 plus ODB and Masta Killa. UGOD and cappadonna don't count...oh ya and now redman!) And I'd definitely put both of them under ODB.

Meth ODB the Ghost..

I can hear Ghost over ODB.. but Meth wears the crown..

Onemic

Blackace said:
Meth ODB the Ghost..

I can hear Ghost over ODB.. but Meth wears the crown..

Meth over Ghost? Over ODB? Blashphemy! Other than Tical his other albums have ranged from average to mediocre.

Blackace

onemic said:
Meth over Ghost? Over ODB? Blashphemy! Other than Tical his other albums have ranged from average to mediocre.

Not really.. Method has the widest range and can kill any style of beat.. from West coast to the south.. Meth is it.. also the east hating on Tical zero because he had a too wide range of beats. lol.

Format shamelessly stolen from DominoKid

[*]Rank Kanye's albums: MBDTF > CD > LR > WTT > Grad > 808

[*]Pick a coast to rep: West

[*]Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion: Biggie and Pac were great for different reasons, as far as overall ability Biggie, but I love Pac's intensity and passion.

[*]Make a comparison between Khalifa and something soft: Whipped cream cashmere desserts

[*]Decide who you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef: Nas won the battle, Jay won the war.

[*]Flocka or Royce: Royce

[*]What you think of J. Cole: Boring at times, corny at times overall he's alright, slightly above average. Average MC blessed with awesome production.

[*]Who is the best Wu-Tang member: Thor Molecules A.K.A Ravioli Palms A.K.A Volcano Biceps

[*]Can 2pac rap? (Or do Biggie got DAT FLOW?): Yes and yes.

[*]Rate Lupe on a scale of 1-10 (+ call him a dumbass for Lasers and political views): I'd say he can range from 7-9 on his first two LPs. Lasers was the letdown of the year and he is incredibly ignorant when it comes to conspiracies and politics.

[*]Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged? Don't care for him, don't care if others do. I like to watch shitty movies from time to time for the fun of it.

[*]Pick an era of Eminem: Pissed MM LP Eminem (I also have a soft spot for early dorky SS lp.) Upon Encore's release I haven't messed with him much.

[*]How does Drake write such deep lyrics? He composes a sweet letter with his crayola 64 pack for his gram gram and she sends back the inspiration.

[*]Is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production? Recent Nas features show promise but his ear is in need of assistance.

[*]Joe Budden: Introspective and witty, or annoying emo fetus killing asshole? Meh, he can be good at times and ass others. From what I've read he's a real shithead who could benefit from some counseling

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
HiResDes said:
How would he be trolling?
Well its very simple you see, he left the best duo album out of his listing. The best duo album being Watch The Throne.

Hope that cleared things up for you.

The M.O.B

MorisUkunRasik said:
[*]What you think of J. Cole: Boring at times, corny at times overall he's alright, slightly above average. Average MC blessed with awesome production.

Blessed with? He does most of his own production. There were only 4 tracks on his album that he didn't produce himself.

Dude can be beyond corny at times though.

Onemic

Blackace said:
Not really.. Method has the widest range and can kill any style of beat.. from West coast to the south.. Meth is it.. also the east hating on Tical zero because he had a too wide range of beats. lol.

Hey, meth himself said the album was shit....so the albums shit.

The main problem I have with meth post tical is that the production for his albums are absolute trash. your flow can only go so far.... meth may have range, but it ends there. Ghosts flow is more focused and charismatic not to mention production on his albums are top notch.

Oh and GZA kills them all when it comes to rhyming.

spindashing said:
Thom Yorke x Johnny Greenwood x DOOM - Retarded Fren

What? Don't get me wrong, I love Rae and Ghost as much as the next guy but I don't know about that. Meth and INS wrecked too many Wu tracks to not get recgonized.

read above posts.

The M.O.B said:
Blessed with? He does most of his own production. There were only 4 tracks on his album that he didn't produce himself.

Dude can be beyond corny at times though.

Should have said "Blessed with awesome production..skills"

lol

Blackace

onemic said:
Hey, meth himself said the album was shit....so the albums shit.

The main problem I have with meth post tical is that the production for his albums are absolute trash. your flow can only go so far.... meth may have range, but it ends there, Ghosts flow is more focused not to mention production on his albums are top notch.

As far as I heard Meth buckled to the media on Tical.. he defended it saying he wanted more range of production and then said it he was going back to the WU formula..

and Meth kills GZA lryically.. not that he is bad but Meth is a monster. And the production for his albums have been good, not great but good. I don't know where trash is coming from..

JackEtc

onemic said:
Method and Inspectah are on the lower end of the Wu hierachy. Go listen to Liquid swords, only built for cuban linx, or Ironman and you'll see what I mean.
zEXVM.gif

I know my opinion is worth nothing, but dude, no way.

Also, "Method Man" was the song that got me into Hip-Hop (I know I'm a late adopter, keep in mind I am way younger than all of you, and was raised at a time when Hip-Hop took a back seat to pop/rock), so it kind of has sentimental value.

I haven't listened to any of the Wu-Tang's solo albums, though. I'll check some out.

Blackace

HiResDes said:
...GAF falling into the cycle over someone participating in a meta-cycle survey, that's some Xzibit shit!...Pathetic

that's pretty much why it's there..

overcast

JackEtc said:
zEXVM.gif

I know my opinion is worth nothing, but dude, no way.

Also, "Method Man" was the song that got me into Hip-Hop (I know I'm a late adopter, keep in mind I am way younger than all of you, and was raised at a time when Hip-Hop took a back seat to pop/rock), so it kind of has sentimental value.

I haven't listened to any of the Wu-Tang's solo albums, though. I'll check some out.
I'm 18, so you can't be too much younger. LISTEN TO LIQUID SWORDS AND OB4CL. Just as good as 36 Chambers imo.

Onemic

Blackace said:
As far as I heard Meth buckled to the media on Tical.. he defended it saying he wanted more range of production and then said it he was going back to the WU formula..

and Meth kills GZA lryically.. not that he is bad but Meth is a monster. And the production for his albums have been good, not great but good. I don't know where trash is coming from..

I tend to overly criticize Meth when he usually doesn't deserve it. I'm just far too used to people saying "I like wu tang!" and all they know is method man, who may be the most popular, but definitely isn't the best of the bunch.

Just so it's known so we can forever have wu album debates my personal top 5 solo wu albums are:

1) Liquid Swords
2) Only built for cuban linx
3) Ironman
4) Supreme Clientele
5) *tie* return to the 36 chambers and tical

3 through 5 is a constantly changing list

.....I still don't think the production on his post tical albums are even "good" though :pppp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom