• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.
People also saying Drake went after someones wife? Commons ex-gf? I dunno.

Something along those lines.

Pretty sure it was about Serena. Drake spat about her in a few verses. Common's alleged fiancé.

Also, all this does is make me miss the old Pre-Badu Common :(

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
It wasn't murder in the slightest. This was another taunt more than anything else. Common's pen game is way more lethal than this. Chess not checkers.
Pretty much. This is just Common daring Drake to come at him with a whole diss track.

I want Drizzy to do it, just so we can witness the slaughter.

Bishman

backhand slap him siddx.

also, the internet will try and make a meme out of anything
tumblr_lxgqvu80sQ1qe25w3o1_500.jpg

13004385.jpg

13004314.jpg

btch-you-wasnt-out-here-losing-with-me.jpg

13004986.jpg

bxjfm.jpg

beff55cd-9178-45bb-b5bc-a5045e5d1714.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA!

I hadn't seen this twitter account before, haha

DrakeDoinThings Good thing Gudda Gudda is here to give me this back rub and work this stress out

DrakeDoinThings CANADA DRY IS THE ONLY ONE MADE FROM REAL GINGER. THAT WAS A CUTE COMPARISON BUT ULTIMATELY A COMPLIMENT STEP YOUR GINGER ALE KNOWLEDGE UP
about 1 hour ago

DrakeDoinThings .@common I am writing this tweet to you while simultaneously inserting my penis inside of Serena Williams and pouring Canada Dry on her.

Kinda think Drake's verse was better, no lie.

Drake's delivery was alot better for sure. both had some clever jabs in their verses but Common's disses weren't subliminal so his bars had more impact. I wonder if Drake will go that step further and call out Common's name though. I hope Drake does, I think he's become a good enough rapper to hold his own in a battle with Com tbh.

That Common "diss" is pathetic. IF you're going to diss, you go all in. That's the reason everyone does subliminal disses: it ensures they can claim they weren't talking about anyone if the verse isn't received well.

Just a bunch of boring lines with a one liner at the end that MOST hip hop fans will find corny; Canada Dry, seriously?

DominoKid

That Common "diss" is pathetic. IF you're going to diss, you go all in. That's the reason everyone does subliminal disses: it ensures they can claim they weren't talking about anyone if the verse isn't received well.

Just a bunch of boring lines with a one liner at the end that MOST hip hop fans will find corny; Canada Dry, seriously?

okay i thought i was crazy cause twitter was buzzin off them corny lines. a real "this is your hero" moment. Drake's verse was so much better.

This made me go from not giving a shit to suddenly being very happy for him and Bey. Weird.

the miscarriage line really hit me
"last time the miscarriage was so tragic/we were afraid you'd disappear/but naw baby you magic/so there you have it shit happens..."

i wonder how they kept THAT a secret.

The Canada Dry line was corny as hell. The line about Drake's pops and about him being mixed was pretty good though. I just don't expect either rapper to go all in right now so I'm not really disappointed. Now that bait has been cast though, it's either go hard or shut the fuck up for both Drake and Common

Recon

Banned

Needed more lines about transsexuals for you to like it, right?

okay i thought i was crazy cause twitter was buzzin off them corny lines. a real "this is your hero" moment. Drake's verse was so much better.

the miscarriage line really hit me
"last time the miscarriage was so tragic/we were afraid you'd disappear/but naw baby you magic/so there you have it shit happens..."

i wonder how they kept THAT a secret.

Drakes "diss" was pathetic. It was a decent verse but a shitty diss track. Stop dick riding Drake, shit is transparent as fuck.

My problem with Drake is that he's going to respond with a "hey I'm just trying to make money, I respect the old legends *giggle*" If you're gonna pretend to be hard someone is going to test you. I half feel bad that Common is falling for this weak shit. He sounds desperate, as if he's some poor NY dude upset that things are changing. Common has Hollywood money and dates Serena Williams, he's not hurting for anything.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Both rappers gave half effort verses like they are inching towards a beef neither really wants to devote any time to but there is enough animosity there that they feel as if they have to.
Perhaps Drake will say something now to really piss off common so we can get a proper diss track.

Bishman

My problem with Drake is that he's going to respond with a "hey I'm just trying to make money, I respect the old legends *giggle*" If you're gonna pretend to be hard someone is going to test you. I half feel bad that Common is falling for this weak shit. He sounds desperate, as if he's some poor NY dude upset that things are changing. Common has Hollywood money and dates Serena Williams, he's not hurting for anything.

Like Common said, if you think you are sitting on the top and are the best - prepare to be tested. This is hip hop.

What is this? This is not CRS. Actually would a CRS album even be good anymore? At the time that song released it would have been dope as shit but now....ehhhh

Recon

Banned
A CRS album now would just be a waste. Kanye would be talking about fashion and how cray his life is now. Lupe would be wearing a tin foil hat and spouting conspiracy nonsense. Pharell would just be standing around completely dumbfounded that he is still relevant.

Drake's verse was good, but not a great diss verse. Common's verse was alright, but a better diss since he made it clear who he was going at.

I hope Drake comes back and makes Common step up like I know he can.

A CRS album now would just be a waste. Kanye would be talking about fashion and how cray his life is now. Lupe would be wearing a tin foil hat and spouting conspiracy nonsense. Pharell would just be standing around completely dumbfounded that he is still relevant.

I'm completely up for some Castle Conspiracy Music.

DominoKid

A CRS album now would just be a waste. Kanye would be talking about fashion and how cray his life is now. Lupe would be wearing a tin foil hat and stupid sunglasses spouting conspiracy nonsense. Pharell would just be standing around with his Bison hat on completely dumbfounded that he is still relevant.

fify

I heard the Common Stay Schemin Drake diss right now...

1100619-common-pink-hat-white-house-617-409.jpg

I still can't believe this beef is happening.

I like Lupe's last mixtape, it was much better than Lasers so hopefully F&L 2 will be old Lupe. Will listen.
Even if it was better than Lasers, which isn't saying much, I still have my doubts Lupe will just suddenly put himself together. But, like I said before, I'll give him once more to change my impression of him.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Homegirl?

Common's verse is a hundred times better, he finally broke the silence full of subliminals. The Canada Dry line was dope, shit ain't corny at all.

That said, still a pillow fight. Common won the beef before it began when he said it's aimed at whoever gets offended by it. Drake walked into the trap willingly.

I pray both teams bring the one mirrion troops in this battle. I wanna see Nicki, Birdman and Lil Wayne go up against GOOD music. It would be pretty hilarious. It would be the next Nas/JayZ

not really...I just wanted to piss some people off

Until i hear some shit like:

Ain't nobody gave it to nobody.

As for ether being weak.... Well even as a jigga stan I know that shit is factually incorrect. It's the standard of diss tracks. The symphony no 9.
I actually prefer the more factual Takeover and Nas' Last Real Nigga Alive to shit like Ether (dick jokes) and that SuperUgly shit.

Esch

Banned
Both rappers gave half effort verses like they are inching towards a beef neither really wants to devote any time to but there is enough animosity there that they feel as if they have to.
Perhaps Drake will say something now to really piss off common so we can get a proper diss track.

ya it all depends on the comeback at this point, basically right now they're in the 'fuck that dude' stage and not quite at the 'ima lyrically eviscerate this ninja's career'

ya it all depends on the comeback at this point, basically right now they're in the 'fuck that dude' stage and not quite at the 'ima lyrically eviscerate this ninja's career'

I really really hope it gets to that stage.

Drake isn't gonna lose many teenage girl fans over this, Common on the other hand has to bring his A game.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
The beef is lame as hell because you got two dudes completely going out of their lane embarrassing themselves more than they embarrassing eachother. I want this to be over, but given how ready Common was, I expect a Drake diss track by Friday.

Recon

Banned
I really really hope it gets to that stage.

Drake isn't gonna lose many teenage girl fans over this, Common on the other hand has to bring his A game.

Not really. Common doesnt need any more cred, he has a whole critically lauded career to look back on. Plus, he has that Hollywood money. This beef needs to end, it is stupid and Drake is going to embarrass himself.

HiResDes

The new Abstract Ninjaa is about to drop, but I'm pretty I'm not the only one that slept on his last one:

2335574838-1.jpg

1.Beef Wrap feat Konkwest
2.Neggatron ft Dcease
3.I.F.L.D.
4.Gassed Underpants
5.Deep Fried Swag ft Chuuwee & Flash Kid
6.Peaches Are Fuzzy ft Chuuwee
7.Word Vomit 02:03
8.Taxi Cab Confession
9.Evil Tea Leaf
10.Style (Bonus Track) feat. Dcease & Flash Kid
11.Salt & Pepper (ThrowAwayTrack)