• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Who wants to bet F&L2 will be disappointing?

It will have to be. Lupe's gone mad and naming something "Food & Liquor 2" won't change anything or fool me. Friend of the People didn't convince me Lupe was back at all, and I fear it's too late to salvage what talent remains.

Fuck the haters though, I'd love a CRS album today, and I see no circumstance changed outside of Lupe going mad.

Recon

Banned
It will have to be. Lupe's gone mad and naming something "Food & Liquor 2" won't change anything or fool me. Friend of the People didn't convince me Lupe was back at all, and I fear it's too late to salvage what talent remains.

Fuck the haters though, I'd love a CRS album today, and I see no circumstance changed outside of Lupe going mad.

Kanye is delusional and is trying to be the next Kimora Lee Simmons. So it would be a glorious train wreck.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
This beef needs to go full blown, so the lyrical beast within Common reawakens.

Every one of you should be cheering for that.

This has to be the softest beef of all time. Common should have held his tongue, nothing he said about Drake would have been surprising. Now he has himself embroiled in some tomfoolery.

In the end the people who listen to Drake are still gonna listen to Drake. Truly a waste of everyone's time

I'm telling you, Drake will not respond to Common or anyone decent directly. He'll continue throwing subliminal and giggling during radio interviews. Which is why Common looks weak right now. Is he going to continue throwing shots?

It almost reminds me of that pathetic Lil Kim/Minaj shit. Nikki kept denying everything in interviews while sending subliminals, Kim got pissed...and was pretty much never heard of again. She's the definition of irrelevant right now

Recon

Banned
According to Birdman, Drake is the realest mother fucker ever, they be toastin to that gangsta shit. Common should be scared.

I'm telling you, Drake will not respond to Common or anyone decent directly. He'll continue throwing subliminal and giggling during radio interviews. Which is why Common looks weak right now. Is he going to continue throwing shots?

It almost reminds me of that pathetic Lil Kim/Minaj shit. Nikki kept denying everything in interviews while sending subliminals, Kim got pissed...and was pretty much never heard of again. She's the definition of irrelevant right now

You are delusional if you think Common is looking weak right now. Drake/40 started this when they assumed Com was dissing them with sweet. Now Drake cannot even mention Common because he knows who the lyrical superior is.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kanye is delusional and is trying to be the next Kimora Lee Simmons. So it would be a glorious train wreck.

Aint shit changed about Ye and Pharrell since. Both eccentric in their own right, Lupe has just finally caught up with them. The project needs Ye to coordinate, produce and employ some quality control in Lupe. CRS needs Lupe because he is the most lyrically capable, and CRS needs Pharrell for the spice and hooks. It will forever be a pipe dream though, those are 3 schedules that will require work of a higher power to align.

Recon

Banned
Aint shit changed about Ye and Pharrell since. Both eccentric in their own right, Lupe has just finally caught up with them. The project needs Ye to coordinate, produce and employ some quality control in Lupe. CRS needs Lupe because he is the most lyrically capable, and CRS needs Pharrell for the spice and hooks. It will forever be a pipe dream though, those are 3 schedules that will require work of a higher power to align.

Kanye has gone farther with his fashion shit, and is just in a weird uninteresting space. Pharell would be fine, but honestly he has the most to gain, he has been largely irrelevant lately. Lupe might get a fire lit under his ass and try to make something resembling F&L/The Cool. Thinking about it, i would welcome this album, but it would still be a glorious train wreck.

Common releases Sweet. People ask him who its about and he basically says its for anyone who feels offended by it. He wasn't going at anyone in particular but whoever feels offended by it then its for them. radio interviews try and steer him to say Drake... Drakes producer "40" makes a tweet about it, saying how people back in the day would say Common was "sweet". Common comes on BET and says if Drake is offended by it then so be it. He said hes ready to take this shit further if so needs etc etc.. Drake realses stay schemin verse, and now common releases this. People also saying Drake went after someones wife? Commons ex-gf? I dunno.
Something along those lines.

All i can say is that I believe Common;s got a point. Stay in ur fuckin lane son!

Cool thanks, but can you link me to the "and now common releases this"?

Common needs to bide his time until Drake actually spits his name and calls him out unambiguously THEN go in. Anything before that and Drake might say, "I was talking in general. Don't get it twisted. I got mad respect for you bruh" etc.

That Com is looking weak says a lot about the state of hip hop rivalry

IrishNinja

My problem with Drake is that he's going to respond with a "hey I'm just trying to make money, I respect the old legends *giggle*" If you're gonna pretend to be hard someone is going to test you. I half feel bad that Common is falling for this weak shit. He sounds desperate, as if he's some poor NY dude upset that things are changing. Common has Hollywood money and dates Serena Williams, he's not hurting for anything.

id laugh if dude ends its that way, could happen though.
and looking at com's sales from his last album - i wanna say his shit's been known to the mainstream since at least be, but it's not like he's gonna turn down the chance to have some fun and advertise while he's at it. how many girls buying drake albums you think owns some common shit?

Homegirl?

Common's verse is a hundred times better, he finally broke the silence full of subliminals. The Canada Dry line was dope, shit ain't corny at all.

That said, still a pillow fight. Common won the beef before it began when he said it's aimed at whoever gets offended by it. Drake walked into the trap willingly.

^this. its like i heard a whole different track...drake won? by what fuckin metric? com said what needed to be said, and named names. dude's waiting for a reply before going in, building shit. drake's heard no Vaseline, he knows what could happen.
The best thing to come out of this Common Drake lamb is the Crooked I freestyle over Sweet.

ya it all depends on the comeback at this point, basically right now they're in the 'fuck that dude' stage and not quite at the 'ima lyrically eviscerate this ninja's career'

yeah, this post says it better.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kanye has gone farther with his fashion shit, and is just in a weird uninteresting space. Pharell would be fine, but honestly he has the most to gain, he has been largely irrelevant lately. Lupe might get a fire lit under his ass and try to make something resembling F&L/The Cool. Thinking about it, i would welcome this album, but it would still be a glorious train wreck.

Thing is, Pharrell is ever relevant, hes left his mark and the masses forever know who he is even if he hasn't been at the forefront of hip hop making big moves. He's a creative director at a new TV station from some website, isn't he?

Honestly, Pharrell is kind of random and spastic with everything he puts out, you really can't predict what he's gonna do next. Same with Ye. It's an asset that's good to have, and I'm sure Pharrell would help smooth some concerns of noisy production from Ye that a lot of people have. I don't mind it, but a lot of people knocked MBDTF for it, including you.

Honestly, I'm not even hyped for CRS anymore. Maybe during highschool or when Don't Stop was released, but not anymore.

• I don't care about Pharrell right now.
  • Kanye's doing his own thing.
  • Lupe's calling people terrorists.

IrishNinja

that's got more to do with kim being kim, though. she was hoping nikki feud would bring her back on the map and it didn't.

Cool thanks, but can you link me to the "and now common releases this"?

Common comes in at about 3:30...lol. Is this real life?

there you go man.

Recon

Banned
Thing is, Pharrell is ever relevant, hes left his mark and the masses forever know who he is even if he hasn't been at the forefront of hip hop making big moves. He's a creative director at a new TV station from some website, isn't he?

Honestly, Pharrell is kind of random and spastic with everything he puts out, you really can't predict what he's gonna do next. Same with Ye. It's an asset that's good to have, and I'm sure Pharrell would help smooth some concerns of noisy production from Ye that a lot of people have. I don't mind it, but a lot of people knocked MBDTF for it, including you.

Being known and being relevant are two completely different things. It wasnt a knock against the guy, I rather have a Pharrell/ Lupe album than a CRS album at this point.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
This beef needs to go full blown, so the lyrical beast within Common reawakens.

Every one of you should be cheering for that.

he shat on Cube.. really shat on him.. this verse was pretty lame..

Satyamdas

Banned
Calling people "relevant/irrelevant" is like the most meaningless shit I can think of. It makes whoever says it look impossibly pretentious and foolish.

IrishNinja

Calling people "relevant/irrelevant" is like the most meaningless shit I can think of. It makes whoever says it look impossibly pretentious and foolish.

i didn't like it when i first got here either, but presuming one wants to make lots of $ making music in this generation, which has been talked about to death in this thread regarding the need for style, a twitter, good PR shit etc etc - kind've paints that picture, man.

i mean, name another genre that tends to disrespect its elders/legends more.

I'm so excited for this beef now.
Shit just got real. Lets see what Drake does.
63ItH.jpg

Recon

Banned

Blah blah blah, it means exactly what it means. Get the stick out of your ass. If it is the most meaningless shit you can think of, you must not think of much.

i mean, name another genre that tends to disrespect its elders/legends more.

No other genre is as competitive as hip-hop. Hip-hop was born out of gangs and hood thugs who frequently took out whoever was the big dog on the block in order to get their piece of the pie.
Shits only natural coming from that background.

IrishNinja

Did you just call KRS the god?

pretty sure there's been a pending court order to change his real name to KRS-1 DA GOD at least since he wrote the gospel of hip-hop

No other genre is as competitive as hip-hop. Hip-hop was born out of gangs and hood thugs who frequently took out whoever was the big dog on the block in order to get their piece of the pie.

someone's about to come in here and talk about how it was started by DJ's, not MC's, but i get what you're saying. that 50 cent mentality doesn't have much in my mind to do with dudes like slick rick & doug e, though.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Older hip-hop wasn't born quite in that image.. but it was always competitive.. beef has always been apart of it... What is the oldest beef you can remember? Mine is Kool Moe Dee and LL and KRS/MarlyMal (messed his name for sure)

Older hip-hop wasn't born quite in that image.. but it was always competitive.. beef has always been apart of it... What is the oldest beef you can remember? Mine is Kool Moe Dee and LL and KRS/MarlyMal (messed his name for sure)

KRS and Marley Marl is the oldest one I know of.
The oldest one I was around for and cared about? Uh...I guess Eminem/50/Busta vs. Ja Rule.
Well...and Pac vs Biggie, but I wasn't really into hip-hop at that time.

IrishNinja

BLASPHEMY, Rakim is the GOD MC.
KRS-One is da teacha.
lol

true, Rakim should sue.

i was barely into hip-hop when that went down, but i think i caught a bit of LL/Kool Moe Dee. any beef older than that, id have to wiki, haha.

Well...and Pac vs Biggie, but I wasn't really into hip-hop at that time.

what the hell were you listening to then, pinko
hedging my bets on "grunge shit"

I didn't really care much about music till I was in middle school.
My first album was Outkast's Stankonia. But ultimately it was The College Dropout that got me to really dive into Hip-Hop.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
You are delusional if you think Common is looking weak right now. Drake/40 started this when they assumed Com was dissing them with sweet. Now Drake cannot even mention Common because he knows who the lyrical superior is.

Lol come on, everyone knew who he was talking about in that song. And when asked, Common didn't deny it was Drake. But the point is he didn't flat out say he was talking about Drake until people started asking who he was talking about, he was pressured into it. He started this beef, and he started it subliminally.

IrishNinja

Lol come on, everyone knew who he was talking about in that song. And when asked, Common didn't deny it was Drake. But the point is he didn't flat out say he was talking about Drake until people started asking who he was talking about, he was pressured into it. He started this beef, and he started it subliminally.

see, i heard it and thought it could've been about a number of MC's - drake was high on that list, but there were several. when he kept getting asked & 40 caught feelings, he'd already said "if you take offense, it's about you" so yeah, why not let it be about them.

I think if you took a poll, most people would side with Drake. Common made some headlines but ultimately his diss fell flat, and Drake really doesn't have to respond to it. Which is why I argue Common looks weak and desperate. I guarantee you Drake is going to be asked about this "beef" and blow it off. Where does that leave Common? Seriously, does he keep talking shit or does he fall back and take him ball home

Recon

Banned

He said it wasnt about anyone one person multiple times. People wanted it to be about someone so they kept bugging him about it. Then 40 bitched on twitter and it snow balled from there.

I think if you took a poll, most people would side with Drake. Common made some headlines but ultimately his diss fell flat, and Drake really doesn't have to respond to it. Which is why I argue Common looks weak and desperate. I guarantee you Drake is going to be asked about this "beef" and blow it off. Where does that leave Common? Seriously, does he keep talking shit or does he fall back and take him ball home

that would be super lame of Drake.

Recon

Banned

Come on, you cannot be serious with this "Common diss fell flat" non sense then praise Drake for his non-committal weak diss. Come correct or do not come at all, and Common came correct. You keep saying Common looks weak, for what? He responded and shots were fired. If Drake punks out, then it will show that, not Common looking weak. Stop dicking riding OVO.

IrishNinja

that would be super lame of Drake.

makes it all the more likely though, don't it? i mean, he's got a point with how nikki brushed off the kim shit.
anybody i talk to excited about this beef is usually and old-school head who wants to see drake take an L (myself included, admittedly, and i like dude's music but he could go for a humbling).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If there was no context or songs or disses or anything, people would side with Drake. That's how popularity works. Common indeed looks desperate, because he's trying more than he needed to. Like I said, he won at the start. It's just foolishness from here on out, digging the grave deeper.

Ice-T knew when to stop with the Soulja Boy thing. He said some shit, found out it and Soulja Boy wasn't worth his time, and moved on while Soulja Boy started clowning around.

CRS

Oh man. The possibility of a CRS record?! I feel a disturbance in the Force.

Even if it isn't a proper CRS album, you know Kanye will be on the album with production/features. Nothing but great music has been released when they get together and the CRS name gets involved. (Us Placers, Don't Stop, Everyone Nose [remix])

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom