• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
lol but really, I went on a rant the other day about white men being shit singers. Outside of a few exceptions, white dudes sing like shit. No soul, no heart. You listen to the bullshit on the radio with these white kids singing monotone bleating nonsense and then go listen to some marvin or temptations or hayes and so on and it's like night and day. It's why I don't fuck with the beatles, no soul.

Man this is legit the dumbest thing i've ever heard from a white dude about white dudes.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
White dudes can't sing. Suck my dick.

And I'm glad to see the hate spreading. Soon the flames will consume all of this.

njean777

Drake's first two albums>Kanye's first two albums

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

siddx

i agree with that sentiment.

but white dudes can fucking sing. there is so much evidence.

Yes there are a handful that can. But most do one of the following. Sing in a monotone pitch, use some kind of dipshit effect that makes the voice sound "cool and hip", just scream endlessly, or whine like a bitch for 3 minutes and change. Everything I hear on the radio from white males is complete fucking garbage, none of them can sing.

siddx

What white singers do you like Siddx or do you like none?

Note I say white male singers. There are some white female singers that can destroy a mic with their voices. And it's not really about liking, I like some artists who I don't think sing very well (Justin Timberlake for instance), and others I love. Like Paul Simon, who is a good singer, but not great, but is a fucking amazing artist.

I just dislike the lack of bass in their voices, the lack of power behind most of their voices. It comes off like a bunch of birds chirping, pretty but annoying after a while.

Note I say white male singers. There are some white female singers that can destroy a mic with their voices. And it's not really about liking, I like some artists who I don't think sing very well (Justin Timberlake for instance), and others I love. Like Paul Simon, who is a good singer, but not great, but is a fucking amazing artist.

I just dislike the lack of bass in their voices, the lack of power behind most of their voices. It comes off like a bunch of birds chirping, pretty but annoying after a while.

Ah yeah, I can kind of understand what you mean now.

Also, yeah I knew you meant male singers, just got lazy on my end to type it in on my phone lol.

Yeah man. Yelawolf is pretty garbage too, that damn black hair jay(and silent bob) lookalike.

Honestly, I can (almost) agree with all of that list, ESPECIALLY Yelawolf.. I just don't get it.. what are you? A white version of weezy / khalifa with a tablespoon of Em?

However, I really can't grasp any eminem-hate, UNLESS, you're talking about his 'music' post 2001... then I fully grasp your hatred. Personally, I like to think his rap career ran from 1996-2001 and after that he retired. Anything he puts out now just makes me sad.. and don't even get me started on the first Relapse CD... dear god o_o

Bad Meets Evil... I did see a glimmer of hope for a better future.. It's only a glimmer tho.

c'mon Em... auto-tune.. really? You would have destroyed anyone who used auto-tune back in the day..

RIP Slim Shady

Also, R.A the Rugged Man is white, he has such a unique style, can easily say he's better of a lot better than what's 'hot', and lastly the only other style that I can compare RAs to is ODB's. Personally, I think this is RA's best verse, by far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r0KpWMNxnM
(second verse)

Another one by RA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZHoroQLNNQ

r-a-rugged-man-jive-records.jpg

coldvein

Banned
he sings, dude. i'm going to put him in the same sentence as eminem right now. em and bob don't really got chops as singers. but they've both got mouths and passion. that's all anyone really needs. maybe "singing" is overrated.

Jay Sosa

Told him I loved his shit, told him he was my favorite in the game, and he said his favorite was a tie between drake(obligated to say that cause some of drakes crew was there?) and Big Krit

Yep I read on the smokinggun that they all had to sign contracts before the tour in which they had to agree to always say nice things about Drake to random ass fans after the show.

Jesus.

siddx

Wait...I thought people saying Eminem can sing are being sarcastic.

Has anyone of you ever listened to any Motown record?

I was being sarcastic as fuck. Eminem cant sing worth a damn. His singing is part of what lost me as a fan.

Has he ever actually made a proper album, or just fucked around for his whole career doing features and talking about boxing and shit?

Die_Rugged_Man_Die!-R.A._the_Rugged_Man_480.jpg

:yes: it's a really good CD, you should give it a whirl. The song Chains I posted is off of it.

Anyone see Wu-Tang on their current tour?
Yes, unfortunately Rza nor Ghostface were there.. : (

Method lead the show, and it was pretty awesome, but it was such a buzzkill to find out Ghostface wasn't there.. : (

Detox

I think the most recent thing RA did was a video for one of his old tracks and Prince Paul made a guest appearance. They both need to get in the studio.

Speaking of Prince Paul, is there any albums with a similar concept to Prince among thieves?

Esch

Banned
White dudes can't sing. Suck my dick.

And I'm glad to see the hate spreading. Soon the flames will consume all of this.

No. White people can't sing SOUL music.

If you're telling me dudes like Pavarotti and Brendan Perry can't sing with emotion fuckouttahere

Slizz

Shocked at the lasting appeal of HnC.... Still going strong and literally allllllll the people I hang out with are bumpin this.

Mother fucker, mother fucker. Yea fuckin is my favorite word, reason why I'm fuckin hurr.

coldvein

Banned
It's awful, it sounds like shit, and makes him sound incredibly lame.

to me, it was just a different sound. i liked it. but even if you didn't like the vocal qualities of it, the lyrics were still there. and the lyrics were fucking good. but that's a whole nother argument.

"yo. i cant sing. i feel like singing. i want to fucking sing. cuz i'm happy. yeah. i'm happy".

The best part of that video was Ab Soul on the toilet at the end lol

Oh and Yelawolf comes correct on Trunk Muzik. Whiz comparisons? WTF are you on about.

Plenty of white men can sing considering there are/were so many good front-men for rock bands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom