• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
rich forever is definitely a hype first listen and a trash relisten. same with TM103. Tons of forgettable samey shit.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Rich Forever has like 6-8 dope tracks and even that you're looking past verses Ross picked out of his garbage can because he's got a real album coming out soon. Not saying those tracks are totally listenable most of the time but half the record is skip worthy, easy.

Mangotron

rich forever is definitely a hype first listen and a trash relisten. same with TM103. Tons of forgettable samey shit.

Pretty much sums it up. I want to like Stay Schemin but damn, I don't know who let French on that track but when you sound THAT weak after largely sub-par Drake and Ross lines, I'd think someone would notice before they master it.

Rich Forever is really the only one I'm coming back to on that tape, Legend and DAT beat drop at 2:45 is a pretty sick combo.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Honestly, I've gotten used to the hook and French's verse on Stay Schemin'. Like, I know it's bad but I can still vibe to it.

With some of these songs Ross has reached Weezy status where he can ramble or say whatever the fuck he wants on a track even if it's off beat and his fans eat that shit up.

Also, incredible avatar Mangotron. Source?

Mangotron

Honestly, I've gotten used to the hook and French's verse on Stay Schemin'. Like, I know it's bad but I can still vibe to it.

With some of these songs Ross has reached Weezy status where he can ramble or say whatever the fuck he wants on a track even if it's off beat and his fans eat that shit up.

Also, incredible avatar Mangotron. Source?

I still throw it on for party playlists, I can't deny that it's got that infectious Motto/Racks swag-rap thing going for it. I just fantasize about what a badass trifecta a Wale verse would've been like. Seems like with all of French's label-hopping he would've wanted Wale to get on a track like that, especially since I don't think Ambition did much for Wale's career.

And thanks! I sourced it from Tumblr originally but I'm pretty sure the guy who made it is Dave Kaleta that makes a bunch of awesome lego stuff.

SoilBreak

Banned
Anyone excited for the new Rockie Fresh and Chip Tha Ripper tapes tomorrow?

Chip Tha Ripper's new mixtape coming out tomorrow ?!

fFyT4.gif

Recon

Banned
Na.

i know what you mean. i wish i wasn't so tired right now.

Chip sucks, his set on the Cudi tour was so bad no one was paying attention to it while he was on stage. Also, please understand the difference between not liking something, being a hater, and being salty. You are embarrassing yourself kid.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Chip sucks, his set on the Cudi tour was so bad no one was paying attention to it while he was on stage. Also, please understand the difference between not liking something, being a hater, and being salty. You are embarrassing yourself kid.
Well when you hate all of good music. It's kinda hard to tell what you are. Not saying chip is part of good music. But you really seem to hate on alot of things. like I can understand young money. But still.

Recon

Banned
Well when you hate all of good music. It's kinda hard to tell what you are. Not saying chip is part of good music. But you really seem to hate on alot of things. like I can understand young money. But still.

I hate on GOOD music? I love Cudi. It isnt my fault he started to act like a dumbass and is doing WZRD instead of A Man Named Scott. I love Yeezy, I think WTT is a horrible misstep. Cyhi is bad, but every label needs weed carriers. I dont hate or love Big Sean, he just is what he is. I love Mos. I like Legend. I dont care about Pusha if he it isnt a Clipse joint. I really do not hate on a lot of things, it is a small amount of things but I do it loudly.

Macca

I hate on GOOD music? I love Cudi. It isnt my fault he started to act like a dumbass and is doing WZRD instead of A Man Named Scott. I love Yeezy, I think WTT is a horrible misstep. Cyhi is bad, but every label needs weed carriers. I dont hate or love Big Sean, he just is what he is. I love Mos. I like Legend. I dont care about Pusha if he it isnt a Clipse joint. I really do not hate on a lot of things, it is a small amount of things but I do it loudly.
YEEEEEEEEEEAH.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I'll say it then, I hate big sean. His music at least. He's never made a damn thing worth while.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Yea I gotta agree on cudi. And WTT although I dunno if ye or jay is to blame for that mess. Cuz there is no way jay didn't just sugest ideas and ye just nodded his head. There shouldve been a back and fourth, I am guessing there wasn't.

njean777

#idoit #boi

meh, I still like WTT its a fun album.

Also my final say on Schoolboy Q's new album is it has great beats, but boring subject material. I really dont care for weed/drug rappers so that may be my big problem with the album. I dont do any drugs, so I can not relate at all to what he mostly talks about. But I also see why many people may like it.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
meh, I still like WTT its a fun album.

Also my final say on Schoolboy Q's new album is it has great beats, but boring subject material. I really dont care for weed/drug rappers so that may be my big problem with the album. I dont do any drugs, so I can not relate at all to what he mostly talks about. But I also see why many people may like it.
Finally a review I can relate to. Album is good but not that great.

Macca

I thought I was the only one not feeling HnC as much as others here. It just hasn't clicked with me yet. Then again, neither did Section 80.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

In YeezyGAF news of the day: ReconYoda did not bullet point MBDTF as a Kanye misstep for the first time and singled out only WTT as a outlier. Our efforts have made progress in achieving complete Yeezy saturation in the subject. Further developments to come.

Acid08

Banned
I thought I was the only one not feeling HnC as much as others here. It just hasn't clicked with me yet. Then again, neither did Section 80.

I'm with you. I like it but Soul Khan has been clicking with me a lot lately so I've only given HnC a couple listens.

Recon

Banned
In YeezyGAF news of the day: ReconYoda did not bullet point MBDTF as a Kanye misstep for the first time and singled out only WTT as a outlier. Our efforts have made progress in achieving complete Yeezy saturation in the subject. Further developments to come.

MBDTF is like a masterpiece compared to WTT. I have numerous problems with MBDTF but I actually enjoyed it for a few weeks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
HnC is really good. At this point I've changed my mind and think its better than Setbacks. More highs, even though Setbacks has the highest high. The mid section though is relatively weak, though certainly not bad by any measure. It's exactly the ignorant shit I needed to start my year off right.

Q!

Macca

Yeezy albums are so strange for me. They definitely take awhile to sink in. I'll thrash them for a couple weeks after they come out then go totally off them, think they're nothing compared to his past works. And then about 6 months after I start coming round.

He makes good music yo.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I'll say it then, I hate big sean. His music at least. He's never made a damn thing worth while.

He is a guilty pleasure of mine.. If for nothing but his production..

He did kill the All of the Lights remix tho..

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
MBDTF is like a masterpiece compared to WTT. I have numerous problems with MBDTF but I actually enjoyed it for a few weeks.

MBDTF had no good songs on it..

WTT had 3

WTT wins

edit I take that back.. MBDTF had one song I liked.. but 3 still better than 1

CRS

Finest Ego | German / Austrian / Swiss Compilation

3947118976-1.jpg

1. Chief - Check This Out (additional vocals by Ghostape) 02:27
2. Brenk - Dolla Bill 02:39
3. Dexter - Painquilizer 02:45
4. Mono:Massive - Cloud 03:16
5. Hulk Hodn - Nicht Mehr Als 6 Euro 02:05
6. Captain Crook - Gemetzel Geplant Ganove 02:44
7. Stroe - Les Biscuits 05:18
8. Hubert Daviz - Zwischenspiel 01:35
9. Comfort Fit - Hundred One Percent 03:11
10. Robot Koch - Follow Birds 01:52
11. Jazzo & Melodiesinfonie - Astro Funk & Weltfrieden 04:14
12. Quendolin Fender - Nightwish 03:18
13. Ju-Ar - Tropical Vibrations 03:57
14. Twit One - Treestessa 02:23
15. Suff Daddy - Amazonas 03:10
16. Figub Brazlevič - A Planet Out Of Control 04:22
17. Szenario - Paranoid Polaroid 02:12
18. Portformat - Platinum Soul Rebels 03:31
19. Flowtec - Brainsick 02:01
20. D-Fekt & Mr. Beef - 90Prozent Of Me 04:24
21. Bit-Tuner - Cranberry Temper 04:10
22. Feux & Kalifornia Kurt - Gossip 02:05
23. B-Ju - Linguist 02:48
24. Playpad Circus - Sequence 57 04:10
25. Flex Fab - Pulpo 02:41
26. Ill-Luzion - Lucid Dream 04:19
27. Anthony Drawn - Sugar Across The Sea 04:02
28. Hazeem - Nemesis 03:00
29. Minor Sick - We Used To Clash Like Buses 02:42
30. XL The Red One - Green Hands 03:14
31. Glenn Astro - You're No Good 03:39
32. Frederic Robinson - So Close To Being Human 04:36
33. Willy Sunshine - Malkovich Malkovich

Do yourself a favor and listen to this tape. Flawless beats on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom