• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
chip the rip is always a total snorefest, don't get the love

He is, the way he raps is just painfully boring, like he's rapping while doing something else that has his real attention. But like I said, I can't hate the guy, and his production can sometimes be solid enough to give a chance. But yeah, mixtape didn't impress me much. I'll probably pull a few tracks off for the playlist.

chip the rip is always a total snorefest, don't get the love
Try out Stay Sleep (feat. Krayzie Bone) at least on the tape. Shit is fire, I'm serious. I'm taking off my glasses as I say that so you know I'm serious.

I'm trying to find out the gold in the mud in this tape, so to say.

Edit: His rendition of It Was a Good Day on the tape isn't so bad either. Not sold on the hook, though.

Hol' up Hol' up Hol' up Hol' up Hol' up.

This is going to be Kendrick year that he blows up in the mainstream. Q has a long way to go before he reaches Kendrick level.

Yeah...a long way down haha. Kendrick couldn't flow like Q to save his life.

But forreal all my thoughts on Black Hippy have already been stated in this thread by Toku. Pretty much word for word what he thinks of the dudes.

edit: and that ASAP - Wassup video is dope. Love the ridiculous style his crew is into. Over-accessorizing and shit. Probably my second favorite track on that mixtape too.

CRS

Try out Stay Sleep (feat. Krayzie Bone) at least on the tape. Shit is fire, I'm serious. I'm taking off my glasses as I say that so you know I'm serious.

I'm trying to find out the gold in the mud in this tape, so to say.

Edit: His rendition of It Was a Good Day on the tape isn't so bad either. Not sold on the hook, though.
Damn. Dat shit... kray.

Slizz

Dunno.... Liked Chip for a bit, good beat selection and a chill vibe similar to Curren$y. Pop the tape in let it ride and smoke out...

Aggravated that I can't fit the whole tape on 1 CD though....error on Chip's part

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I must be the only Yeezy stan who thinks Big Brother and Barry Bonds > Flashing Lights. I missed the Flashing Lights hype altogether. Not a bad song at all, its good, but I really find myself only coming back for the Rome/Caesar line.

I must be the only Yeezy stan who thinks Big Brother and Barry Bonds > Flashing Lights. I missed the Flashing Lights hype altogether.

Well nowadays Flashing Lights would just sound like every other shitty electrorap song. But back then it was kinda hype for da clubs.

Wtf is this movie about? It looks very interesting...

It's about an ex-yakuza member who literally drifts around Tokyo after becoming the target of a rival gang who send hit men out to kill him.
That's the most basic distillation of the plot that I can possibly think of but there is so much more to the film.
It's perhaps most famous for its phenomenal photography and production design:

77301034_4b599b391f_o.jpg

77300936_31a7ae6924_o.jpg

77300939_f3f106e2eb_o.jpg

Slizz

It's about an ex-yakuza member who literally drifts around Tokyo after becoming the target of a rival gang who send hit men out to kill him.
That's the most basic distillation of the plot that I can possibly think of but there is so much more to the film.
It's perhaps most famous for its phenomenal photography and production design:

http://static.flickr.com/37/77301034_4b599b391f_o.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://static.flickr.com/43/77300936_31a7ae6924_o.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://static.flickr.com/40/77300939_f3f106e2eb_o.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Worth the watch for the movie itself or just the production design?

Worth the watch for the movie itself or just the production design?

Hmmm. Seijun Suzuki's film are weird enough at the best of times but this one is without doubt one of his weirdest, which unfortunately makes it largely incomprehensible to most. Although I love and own it I'm not sure I'd recommend it unless you're pretty well versed in Japanese 60's cinema. From a purely aesthetic point of view it is pretty stunning though.

Esch

Banned
gafhop... i just found out that ima go to Vegas in a fully paid trip for a class related to my senior seminar... HNNGGGGHHH

Oh yeah Irish, I listened to Reflection Eternal again.
Sorry mang, still not hearing a classic. It still sounds a bit like a directionless mess to me honestly. I tried. Don't hate me :(

Only thing bigger than his ego is his mirror.

Man I was hating on him before too but I can't say his music's not enjoyable. His music is just polished nicely. Great beats behind him too.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™

Man I was hating on him before too but I can't say his music's not enjoyable. His music is just polished nicely. Great beats behind him too.
yea pretty much. thats also why i didn't like half the album.
How is that Chip tape?
can't say much. but its pretty good so far. but he doesn't do cubes beat justice. i really don't know who can.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
gafhop... i just found out that ima go to Vegas in a fully paid trip for a class related to my senior seminar... HNNGGGGHHH

Put 100 on black for me, I keep meaning to go to vegas but I just never seem to have the money/time.

overcast

Yeah, I've grown to like his music quite a bit. Brand New Guy and Trilla really helped.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

he is def a Harlem brother...

his version of Yao Ming > Lil Wayne's version but really not the biggest fan of him.. don't hate him tho..

Tokubetsu

How is that Chip tape?

I like chip but even I can admit that he's kinda boring/not for everyone. That said, tape is a lot better than I thought it was. Production is great. Especially the Lex Luger track, and "GloryUs" which is produced by Hi-Tek. I know i just said a few pages back that hi-tek lost but hey! surprise! So if you were already a chip fan, grab it. If you weren't, this probably won't be changing your mind.

Also, Krayzie Bone features is great.

Acid08

Banned
I must be the only Yeezy stan who thinks Big Brother and Barry Bonds > Flashing Lights. I missed the Flashing Lights hype altogether. Not a bad song at all, its good, but I really find myself only coming back for the Rome/Caesar line.

Barry Bonds is such a fucking horrible song. Flashing Lights ain't that good either but Big Brother is the shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom