• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelseph

morri-388x365.jpg

One of the exciting new talents hailing from the American Midwest, MΔRRI$ has already caught the attention of staple underground music syndicates such as XLR8R, Mad Decent, Palms Out Sounds and more; plus DJ outfits like Night Slugs and of course us right here at FTNT (check Salva’s recent mix for The FADER). We have a long-standing history with DJs and artists from Kansas, so we got hip to this young squire very early on. This year however, fans and industry heads from all over will no doubt start to take notice of this mid-20′s producer. While the beat foundations straddle lines between modern bass music and southern (t)rap, the element tying his productions together is of the deepest and sexiest R&B influence. His knack for dark, soulful chords and pretty trance synth appregios will surely lure you in. For our 16th podcast we thought to invite MΔRRI$ (also an avid club DJ) to showcase tracks representing his sound, and we’re glad that we did. Get into the goomba wave right now with this cutty mix from MΔRRI$.

Frite Nite Podcast 16 – MORRI$

01: Kid Benz – Ball Hard
02: Bosstone – Lean
03: Tom Richman – Drony Montana
04: Lunice – I See You (Girl Unit Remix)
05: Stik Figa & MORRI$ – Self Esteem
06: Lil Wayne – Outro
07: Mall A Goomba – Red Suburban
08: Cedaa – Jasmin
09: Riff Raff – Graveyard Music
10: Clicks & Whistles – Serious Bidness
11: ????? – ?????
12: Waka Flocka Flame – Round Of Applause

CRS

Yes. Got a 40 minute car ride to go through so this is perfect timing, Blackace. Will enjoy the fuck outta that mix.

Also, kampsy, what someone said earlier, hold the link that ace posted and choose the Save Link option. If it doesn't come up, I recommend you use Dolphin browser.

Is that tracklist from T-Boz fake? It sounds like the greatest thing ever but it just screams troll edit to me.

edit: beaten, by the way good lookin on that quik mix Blackace. Uploading that shit to mah ipod now.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
The hell is a T-Boz?

Joke post right? right? RIGHT??!!

Also that tracklist is fake as fuck. For one thing the cost of having all those big name artists on her album would be absurd. Unless half worked for free, which isn't likely since who the fuck is going to give a free verse to a washed up RnB star who hasn't worked in years.
And a lot of the guests sound like some 13 year old's idea of a dream line up. Even if it was real, it sounds like it would be a complete clusterfuck.

siddx

Naw I'm not falling for it. I refuse to believe ya'll don't know who T-Boz is, unless you two are 12.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Naw I'm not falling for it. I refuse to believe ya'll don't know who T-Boz is, unless you two are 12.

Wiki'd it. Oh, TLC, never really cared for TLC at all so I'm not sure how this is surprising at all.

No way that track list is real though.

siddx

22. close.

Well....I guess you would have been young as fuck during the TLC days. T-Boz was the lead singer of TLC, at one point the biggest band in the entire world. It was one of those weird things where three people who would never do anything decent on their own, somehow manage to make a bunch of great songs together. Chili was gorgeous but her voice was unremarkable, T-Boz was boring in every way, and Left Eye was all charisma with limited talent. It should have never worked but it did. Largely because of the fantastic production.

Well....I guess you would have been young as fuck during the TLC days. T-Boz was the lead singer of TLC, at one point the biggest band in the entire world. It was one of those weird things where three people who would never do anything decent on their own, somehow manage to make a bunch of great songs together. Chili was gorgeous but her voice was unremarkable, T-Boz was boring in every way, and Left Eye was all charisma with limited talent. It should have never worked but it did. Largely because of the fantastic production.

20 here, but I know of each one of them and their singles(the singles are really memorable) can't say I've ever listened to their albums though.

Also, hell yea about Chili, got a friend that I've known from high school who really reminds me of her.

CRS

20 here, but I know of each one of them and their singles(the singles are really memorable) can't say I've ever listened to their albums though.

Also, hell yea about Chili, got a friend that I've known from high school who really reminds me of her.
Usher pun intended?

siddx

I don't know why I never realized this but Pac was 25 when he died and Biggie was 24. Holy fuck. For some reason I thought they were in their late 20's at least. So fucking young.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't know why I never realized this but Pac was 25 when he died and Biggie was 24. Holy fuck. For some reason I thought they were in their late 20's at least. So fucking young.

I'll never forget 2pac's age because 2 + 5 = 7

THE 7 DAY THEORY
2PAC IS STILL ALIVE MAN

Come on, I can see someone not knowing who T-Boz is/was. Most people only know of Left Eye

If it's not a hetero sex tape I'm not checking for it

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Idk how you could NOT know about Tboz or TLC unless you lived under a rock during the 90s.
I'm 22 for the record.

I know about TLC. I'm 19, my older cousin used to play their songs endlessly before I gave a serious shit about music at all. Doesn't mean I didn't know about them, just that I really didn't care. Left Eye is the only one I know the name of, and even still I heard about her through rap records WAY before I made the connection to TLC as for who she really was.

game

Banned
I know about TLC. I'm 19, my older cousin used to play their songs endlessly before I gave a serious shit about music at all. Doesn't mean I didn't know about them, just that I really didn't care. Left Eye is the only one I know the name of, and even still I heard about her through rap records WAY before I made the connection to TLC as for who she really was.

She was in Belly with NAS and DMX.

siddx

Damn recon

ReconYoda 1,153
Blackace 681
Complex Shadow 658
siddx 655
enzo_gt 627
peterb0y 595
DominoKid 514
EschatonDX 464
ChldRebelSoldr 450
Macca007 443
HiResDes 423
overcast 419
coldvein 412
kamspy 390
Tokubetsu 376
IrishNinja 347
Miri 334
spindashing 321
Discotheque 309
PhoenixDark 290

Recon

Banned
Damn recon

ReconYoda 1,153
Blackace 681
Complex Shadow 658
siddx 655
enzo_gt 627
peterb0y 595
DominoKid 514
EschatonDX 464
ChldRebelSoldr 450
Macca007 443
HiResDes 423
overcast 419
coldvein 412
kamspy 390
Tokubetsu 376
IrishNinja 347
Miri 334
spindashing 321
Discotheque 309
PhoenixDark 290

Yeah, I have made a conscious effort to stop posting lately though. Most of those are pre 2012. I have been needing to get away from gaf...this place is a time sink.

Wow, I really can't control this boner.

Because you're imagining KRIT making a complete 180 in the future in terms of this religious struggle lyricism/imagery, doing electro pop, dating a bald supermodel/breaking up with her, releasing a 11/10 perfect album according to Pitchfork, then doing a collab album with Lil Wayne called Watch The Throne II?

you're just salivating at this young black producer rapper losing his way, aren't you

siddx

Reading that first hip hop thread for 2009 was cracking me up. Lots of hype for lasers, people asking when Jay Electronica's album is dropping, hype for detox and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom