• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

grabbing Dilla tribute demo thing, thanks CRS.

kanye is an average rapper.if you think he's bringing something legit to the lyrical table you're a stan.

blueprint 3 was horse nuts aside from 5 songs.

Tupac is a perfect comparison to muhammad ali(inferior to the true great in Joe Louis).

peace.

1) i like ye's lyrics (especially in his old shit) - fun, fucks around with introspection but you know you're not on some rakim shit. it's his style i never thought was great, but it works.

2) agreed

3) goddammit esha

kamspy

Disco man..... I always liked your taste. You'll snap out of it. I'm gonna chalk it up to the beat or something. It's alright man. You'll get through this.

why the hardcore Kanye love on Gap hop? is it because the guy's turned himself into a cultural icon with his media whoring and theatrics? the dude is an average rapper, but I admit, he is a boss on the production. still, he aint the only keepin' it real in that department. So is Just Blaze. without the drama.
Maybe I exaggerate a bit on Niggas in paris being forgotten about in 5 years, but come on now, the one nice line in that whole fuckin song is one lifted from Biggie. LOL.
But back to Hova: the man can rhyme on Em or Nas' level when he chooses to.
see Parkin Lot Pimpin from the Roc Dynasty album, or even the intro to it.
straight goods.
"I givin 'em whiplash when I'm whippin the whip fast
Which one? Pick one nigga, I got a sick stash"

Oh please, take BP3 and have anyone rapping on it using Jay lyrics and that shit would have been slept on so hard. Only reason why people swear BP3 is the best thing since Aubrey going on that 1 year hiatus is the production. Lyrics were throwaway garbage to the highest degree.

Anyone who says they bump BP3 for lyrical value are fools, point blank period. Because Jay was beyond lazy on that album. Shit the best bar Jay has spit was on So Appalled.

uh...I thought the BP3 was universally regarded as a B grade effort? it's worse than the BP2, and THAT album was a bit of a mess itself. (it did have the best Nas diss ever put to wax though)

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I don't even know how people make it through Kingdom Come without falling sleep. That shit is the cool side of the pillow laced with melatonin dust.

Macca

why the hardcore Kanye love on Gap hop? is it because the guy's turned himself into a cultural icon with his media whoring and theatrics? the dude is an average rapper, but I admit, he is a boss on the production. still, he aint the only keepin' it real in that department. So is Just Blaze. without the drama.
Maybe I exaggerate a bit on Niggas in paris being forgotten about in 5 years, but come on now, the one nice line in that whole fuckin song is one lifted from Biggie. LOL.
But back to Hova: the man can rhyme on Em or Nas' level when he chooses to.
see Parkin Lot Pimpin from the Roc Dynasty album, or even the intro to it.
straight goods.
"I givin 'em whiplash when I'm whippin the whip fast
Which one? Pick one nigga, I got a sick stash"
I enjoy his lyrics. I like what he's talking about, and the way he delivers it.

For me, I like Ye for being Ye. Aint noone else that has his charisma or is doing what he's doing. He's undoubtably the best producer/rapper ever. But his lyrics are what got me. He sounded real. And now he's making great ignorant music.

I like Just Blaze too, he's great. But he doesn't rap. So he's never going to be on Ye's level popularity wise.

And yes, I totally agree that Hov can be on an Em or Nas level. But he doesn't produce. I think a lot of Ye love comes from the fact he does both. It's pretty amazing.

filler

Banned
yo, gaf-hop help a buddy out. Can someone just recommend a few(I don't really care how many) non rap albums that yall really enjoyed within the last couple of years or so(it really doesn't matter just give me something good). Just would like to listen to some other stuff for a bit and generally i find myself liking the same stuff other rap fans like outside of the genre.

The Bird and The Bee:

Fucking Boyfriend

Ray Gun

T-ara:

Say Goodbye

I don't even know how people make it through Kingdom Come without falling sleep. That shit is the cool side of the pillow laced with melatonin dust.

the songs off that album I bang out on the regular are Show me what You got, (the video for that is hype!), that song with John Legend, Minority Report, Oh My God, and Beach Chair. 5 songs. more than BP3, there's only four songs from that album I play repeatedly.

Macca

the songs off that album I bang out on the regular are Show me what You got, (the video for that is hype!), that song with John Legend, Minority Report, Oh My God, and Beach Chair. 5 songs. more than BP3, there's only four songs from that album I play repeatedly.
Which songs off BP3 do you play?

hubes

I enjoy his lyrics. I like what he's talking about, and the way he delivers it.

For me, I like Ye for being Ye. Aint noone else that has his charisma or is doing what he's doing. He's undoubtably the best producer/rapper ever. But his lyrics are what got me. He sounded real. And now he's making great ignorant music.

I like Just Blaze too, he's great. But he doesn't rap. So he's never going to be on Ye's level popularity wise.

And yes, I totally agree that Hov can be on an Em or Nas level. But he doesn't produce. I think a lot of Ye love comes from the fact he does both. It's pretty amazing.

big krit gonna take the throne in a couple years.

Detox

Read so much praise about BIG K.R.I.T. - what can you guys recommend? Where should I start? Want to give him a try!

CRS made a compilation of his best tracks called Trunk Klassics
Tracklist:
01) Big K.R.I.T. - R4 Intro
02) Big K.R.I.T. - Return of 4eva Feat. Big Sant
03) Big K.R.I.T. - Country Shit (Remix) feat. Ludacris and Bun B
04) Big K.R.I.T. - Just Touched Down
05) Jackie Chain - Parked Outside feat. Big K.R.I.T. & Bun B
06) Big K.R.I.T. - Money On The Floor feat. 8Ball, MJG & 2 Chainz
07) Big K.R.I.T. - Rotation
08) 2 Chainz - Pimps feat. Bun B & Big K.R.I.T.
09) Big K.R.I.T. - My Sub
10) Big K.R.I.T. - Hometown Hero
11) Big K.R.I.T. - Time Machine
12) Smoke DZA - On The Corner feat. Bun B & Big K.R.I.T.
13) Mike Jaggerr - Cruise Control feat. Big K.R.I.T.
14) Big K.R.I.T. - Now or Neva (remix) feat. Slim Thug
15) Big K.R.I.T. - Shake Junt
16) UGK - Grippin’ On The Wood feat. Big K.R.I.T.
17) Rittz - Fulla Shit ft. Big K.R.I.T and Yelawolf

hubes

Read so much praise about BIG K.R.I.T. - what can you guys recommend? Where should I start? Want to give him a try!

definitely get all 3 things that were just posted and you're in luck because he (hopefully) has a new tape dropping march 5th.

Which songs off BP3 do you play?

DOA, Hate, Already Home, Off That. Empire State of Mind doesnt do much for me, but I like the video. Run This Town is a guilty pleasure. Ye's verse in that irritates me, lol, so I always shut it off as soon as he starts spitting. I dont listen to On to the Next One because I associate it with its creepy music video.

Anyway. Just listened to 50 cent's Outlaw....wasnt feeling it at all, but the dislike bar on that motherfucker is INTENSE. was there some sort of campaign against it, or is it just a whack song getting its dues?

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Quik shits all over Kanye, get the fuck outta here 90's babies.

This man knows whats up. Kanye might as well be an infant with a "my first casio keyboard" next to Quik.

BP3 was so bad it made baby jesus die. Truly awful piece of fuckery. And just to show that I'm not completely biased, I loved both black album and life and times vol.2

Also whomever linked me to that leakers of the funk cypress hill mixtape thank you, its fantastic and I've listened to it multiple times already. It's a shame they capped it off with three tracks from Rise which reminds you how far they've fallen.

Nibel

Thanks fellas, downloading that Trunk Klassics tape and the other stuff. Hopefully he surprises me like Kendrick when I heard "Section .80" the first time.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
We makin Quik/Kanye comparison now?

Kanye portion of the GAF-Hop cycle evolved. Y'all are the ones that won't let it breathe.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
yo, gaf-hop help a buddy out. Can someone just recommend a few(I don't really care how many) non rap albums that yall really enjoyed within the last couple of years or so(it really doesn't matter just give me something good). Just would like to listen to some other stuff for a bit and generally i find myself liking the same stuff other rap fans like outside of the genre.

I pretty much only listened to rap last year, but I will throw out a couple of other genre albums that resonated with me...

Thundercat - The Golden Age Of The Apocalypse

ref=dp_image_0

Rustie - Glass Swords

ref=dp_image_0

Also it didn't come out last year, but Since I left You by The Avalanches is the best samples based album ever created. Come at me.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
And while you're coming at me, if you could also tell me how to embed images of album art so I don't look as retarded as Drake lambasting a tattoo artist after instructing in a song of his that girls should tattoo his name on them so he knows its real, then turning around and getting a dead girls face tattooed on his back afterwards (RIP Aaliyah) that would be much appreciated lol.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

He has two tapes out, Returnof4ever and KRIT Wuz Here. Get them both.

He has a third also - Last King 2 Though it is more of a compilation of tracks he has appeared on and produced in the past year. But it is an "official" KRIT release, as he co-signed it.

For the best of his early stuff, I say get Woodgrain Soul IMO, the best intro to what KRIT is all about.

Tokubetsu

And while you're coming at me, if you could also tell me how to embed images of album art so I don't look as retarded as Drake lambasting a tattoo artist after instructing in a song of his that girls should tattoo his name on them so he knows its real, then turning around and getting a dead girls face tattooed on his back afterwards (RIP Aaliyah) that would be much appreciated lol.

Upload image to to either www.imgur.com or www.min.us. Then use the direct link for the image given to you and put it between

overcast

"

He's a solid rapper, great producer, and he often has pretty damn good lyrics. He's a cultural icon and a douche, but for some reason I always love hearing what he has to say. Every album (besides 808's imo) has ranged from good to classic (CD). Biggest influence on the rap game in the past 10 years.

NIP will be a classic hype track. It's just a fun ass song.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
Upload image to to either www.imgur.com or www.min.us. Then use the direct link for the image given to you and put it between

Thanks Toku, do I need some kinda account for those sites to do that though?

People either haven't heard, or are too quick to forget about The Last King. Apart from a number of freestyles, it's self produced like his other projects, is mixed so all the tracks bleed into each other nicely and has him at his most fun and swagged out. It's also a big part of the reason why instead of anticipating Big K.R.I.T. doing a collabo album with Yelawolf or teaming up with Bun B Eightball & MJG or whatever southern legend (which don't get me wrong, are all awesome things that could happen) I want a full on The Alumni project with his partner in rhyme Big Sant. There so good together and Sant fucking kills Get Up Off Me on Last King

kamspy

Chip the Ripper is very underrated. I dig all his shit. Haven't even heard the new tape. Downloading now. Just got into my own place, so I got my speakers hooked back up! And real internet (courtesy of my neighbors unsecured wifi).

CRS

I've only listened to Book of David by DJ Quick. I thought it was alright, didn't really stick with me. What are his best releases?

I would recommend you listen to all of his work. If that's too much, listen to Quik Is The Name, Safe + Sound, and Rhythm-al-ism. His greatest hits, The Best of DJ Quik, is really good too and a great introduction to him.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
You should seriously listen to everything DJ Quik related because he is a god amongst men, but I feel that Rhythmalism is a great entry point because its not so old school sounding that it may alienate you, and is also one of, if not his most well rounded album imo

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Earlier today I heard someone in the street yelling at someone else in a sing songy voice "Naw little n***a you ain't cray, you hella gay, you fish filet"

This world is over, wrap it up and lets start again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom