• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
Gaf hop- I have no voice. I feel kinda sick. But I HAD THE BEST FUCKING NIGHT EVER LAST NIGHT BC WTT WAS TOOOOO EPIC.

Seriously, best concert of my life and forever. The way they played Nigg@s in Paris 3 GODDAM TIMES in a row, people were soooo fucking hyped it was out of control. Seeing Kanye in his gladiator skirt or whatever, with pyrotechnics and fire and massive light cubes--shit was almost too much. that. shit. cray.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Childish Gambino – Camp (Album Stream)
bxu03.jpg

Esch

Banned
might have to listen to that Kendrick Lamar junt off take care... not reaally trying to peep the rest namsayin

just peeped it. eehhh i've heard better from the god kendrick

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
goodfella said:
LiveLoveA$AP production is outrageous. Only second to Section 80 this year imo.
dat Kissin' Pink beat is amazing ... makes me wish I still got high.

That and Out Of This World are my favorite tracks. He needs to make more live tracks like OOTW too. Dude went in on that shit.

kamspy

peterb0y said:
Gaf hop- I have no voice. I feel kinda sick. But I HAD THE BEST FUCKING NIGHT EVER LAST NIGHT BC WTT WAS TOOOOO EPIC.

Seriously, best concert of my life and forever. The way they played Nigg@s in Paris 3 GODDAM TIMES in a row, people were soooo fucking hyped it was out of control. Seeing Kanye in his gladiator skirt or whatever, with pyrotechnics and fire and massive light cubes--shit was almost too much. that. shit. cray.

Damn man. I kinda wish I sprung for tickets now. Sounds awesome. I woulda punched someone by the second run back of NIP though. Shit gets me hype.

enzo_gt said:
lmao people on KTT getting trolled with links to Take Care that are actually Cole World, hahaha

This has to be the sweetest thing I've ever read.

overcast

peterb0y said:

Goddamn, that sounds so awesome. I don't have any money, have to wait until the next time Kanye comes around. Great to know it was amazing.

kamspy

I've been meaning to post this.

I watched the Tribe Called Quest documentary. The casual GAF HOP reader wouldn't know this based on my tastes in new artists coming out today, but I fucking love Tribe.

But, the damn documentary manages to make you hate Tip and Phife with equal passion. I do not recommend watching this movie. Sure it's well made, but it's akin to finding out Santa Clause is not real and that you're adopted - at the same time. I hope it doesn't color the way I hear Tribe music for the rest of my life. I haven't really bumped any since watching it, but I remain hopeful that the impressions left in that movie don't change my love for the music (they only made 3 albums people, you can't convince me otherwise).

Even Phife? The general stuff I had heard is that he allegedly used his health problems as an excuse to not tour, do stuff with Tip, etc; could be Tip's spin on things. Meanwhile I had heard Tip sounded like quite an ass in the doc.

You can tell Tip is super...opinionated whenever he does an interview. Whenever he talks about Kanye it's SO obvious he wants to expose his ass, but can't bite the hand that feeds

overcast

Jesus Christ. That's ridiculous. I always imagined them as down to Earth, if not just because the style of their music.

BTW, for anyone who wants to discuss Childish Gambino's new album I put up an OT for Camp just now.

TheOddOne

overcast said:
Jesus Christ. That's ridiculous. I always imagined them as down to Earth, if not just because the style of their music.

BTW, for anyone who wants to discuss Childish Gambino's new album I put up an OT for Camp just now.
Look at somebody like Blu and Lupe, both those dudes sound really down to earth (well old Lupe then) but really are sometimes hardheaded and stuborn.

overcast

TheOddOne said:
Look at somebody like Blu and Lupe, both those dudes sound really down to earth (well old Lupe then) but really are sometimes hardheaded and stuborn.
Yup. Good point. A lot of rappers seem to be douche bags. Who's an interesting, good, cool rapper? Atmosphere seems down to earth, but that Cincinnati incident or whatever.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
overcast said:

Tip? pfhahahahaha

TheOddOne said:

Sometimes? Both are pretentious assholes. Lupe constantly finds himself getting embarrassed when he tries to tackle serious issues, and Blu wastes fan's money by half assing shows.

overcast

Blackace said:
Tip? pfhahahahaha
I would have never known lol. I just listened to thier music, never really followed them (aside from seeing Tip on Chappelle).

TheOddOne said:
There are some rappers who seem like douche bags, but aren't. Look at Maino on XXL's I know rap people, his music is straight trash but he is one hell of a cool guy.
Never heard of Maino tbh. Seems like a cool dude. As opposed to a lot of the rappers I like. I honestly can't think of any really good rappers who seem like awesome people?

TheOddOne

PhoenixDark said:
Sometimes? Both are pretentious assholes. Lupe constantly finds himself getting embarrassed when he tries to tackle serious issues, and Blu wastes fan's money by half assing shows.
They have their moments though, but yeah it's 90% pretentiousness.

Recon

Banned
PhoenixDark said:

Lupe is probably the nicest rapper ive met. My ex/best friend also said this, she just hung out with him:

EXc7T.jpg

Nabs

I think I'm being tricked into liking some of this Drake stuff. I blame the Swangin and Bangin shit at the end.

The Playa flip on Look What You've Done is pretty well done, smooth. Some good beats on there. I can't hate.

Recon

Banned
overcast said:
He may be nice, but the fool can definitely be pretentious. That's the only way I see him now, it's sad.

I agree he is pretentious, and full of shit on most topics. But to call him an asshole is wrong.

HiResDes

The Drake album is pretty much what I needed, but not necessarily what I wanted...I either wanted him to go back to doing his Phonte-impersonations ala Room for Improvement or to embrace his atmospheric pseudo-singing bullshit and take it to the next level. He did the latter.

Throavium

HiResDes said:
The Drake album is pretty much what I needed, but not necessarily what I wanted...I either wanted him to go back to doing his Phonte-impersonations ala Room for Improvement or to embrace his atmospheric pseudo-singing bullshit and take it to the next level. He did the latter.
Lol

Tokubetsu

Take Care is so much better than Thank Me Later. This Drake comfortable and confident. Totally in his element. It flows. Kams said best too, TC makes TML seem like just a good mixtape. Drake has never sounded this good to me, and I was an early supporter and later hater (TML era).

kamspy

PhoenixDark said:
Even Phife? The general stuff I had heard is that he allegedly used his health problems as an excuse to not tour, do stuff with Tip, etc; could be Tip's spin on things. Meanwhile I had heard Tip sounded like quite an ass in the doc.

You can tell Tip is super...opinionated whenever he does an interview. Whenever he talks about Kanye it's SO obvious he wants to expose his ass, but can't bite the hand that feeds

Phife kinda comes off as someone you'd sympathize with, but he ends up destroying that by pulling a big old "Not my fault /shrug" during the whole interview. His diabetes didn't really start interfering with touring until the the relationships had all gone to shit. They'd actually gone to shit about half way through Low End Theory, still managed to hammer through Midnight Mar by basically their manager going to the studio and forcibly taking 15 tracks to go master. Tip and Ali were on some perfectionist shit with it. As evidenced in the music, Beats, Rhymes and Life and Love Movement were basically pulling teeth creatively between the group. Phife was fully demoted to "just send some verses" status and didn't really have any other creative input. Seems like he didn't care about the diminished role. The break in the group was already apparent.

And Tip is a jerk. And Phife is a jerk. And Ali is chill, almost too damn chill. A fucking 747 could come crashing down in flames next to him and he'd look over and give it a mild shrug. Jarobi.....I don't know. He was kinda like their mascot.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Childish "Fraud Drake" Gambino releasing the stream of his album on the same day as Take Care got leaked is quite unfortunate for him.

Also, I called Toku liking Take Care.

Esch

Banned
Course Toku was gonna like take care. son's got a soft spot for touch yourself while sippin' hot cocoa muzik.

overcast

enzo_gt said:
Childish "Fraud Drake" Gambino releasing the stream of his album on the same day as Take Care got leaked is quite unfortunate for him.
That album is damn good. Hopefully it finds its own market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom