• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

Shit man they still had some decent shit left, I saw an Ultramagnetic MC record, a Heather B record, Lauryn Hill, Fugees, reggae stuff, Beastie Boys, etc.

iavi

Zeroh - Nathalie Portman

http://vimeo.com/31652828

It's the video, and it's actually kind of old, but I haven't seen it posted on here so...Here you dudes go. This dude, on the other hand, has been on my radar ever since that tape earlier in the year. He's entertaining as a motherfucker. I don't even have any other way to put it.

DominoKid

siddx said:
I would guess he has the least pressure to appeal to the 14 year old white girls who want some dude to roll up and buy them a purse. So I agree, I think he will come the most correct. I've been on a Krit blackout for a while now to build up my hunger for the album.

I don't know why, but I'm expecting to be disappointed by common's album. I ended up really disliking blue sky after repeated listens. I'm a big Common fan (well used to be) but I just have zero hype for his album.

I love the Blue Sky beat, but i'm not sure Common is the best rapper for it.

Esch

Banned
http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2011/11/16/your-2dope-opinion-ludacris-responds-to-drake-big-sean/

01po.gif

DominoKid

Luda should just STFU and focus on making a good album for once in his life. It took me 4 albums to realize that it was fucking stupid to buy his albums

Epcott

I likes the new OP... had me rolling.

Came to the last page and tried to watch the Internet Cocaine video, what is that doing here? I don't even... it was like Ethiopian Grays Anatomy: The Album

Luda hasn't made anything truly worthwhile (haven't heard his new tape), but he's technically correct. Drake giving Sean credit for that style of rhyme structure is pretty funny.

Recon

Banned
MorisUkunRasik said:
Luda hasn't made anything truly worthwhile (haven't heard his new tape), but he's technically correct. Drake giving Sean credit for that style of rhyme structure is pretty funny.

True, but even Drake has kinda started going in his own direction.

Macca

siddx said:
The minute he signed to shady I worried about this. Radioactive isn't an album for fans of Trunk Muzik, it's an album for fans of Recovery. You can smell the label and em's guiding hand in it. "Dude, that trunk muzik is good and all, but if you want to sell, you have to target white teens and girls. Dedicate at least a third of your album to making them buy your shit and you'll be successful."
Its the same formula every single major release this year from Lil Wayne to Game to Cole have followed. Like I said above, I like the album so far, but yeah, its not trunk muzik. It's not going to get nearly as much play as that album did. But maybe he'll put out a mixtape with more of that sound.
Country Cousins. Believe.

overcast

On second thought, I'm not sure Radioactive needs a thread to be honest. If you worked on it, put it up Recon. But it's not being talked about as much as I expected in here.

DominoKid

MorisUkunRasik said:

I dont recall drake ever saying that big sean started it. Just that that's who he got it from.

iavi

overcast said:
On second thought, I'm not sure Radioactive needs a thread to be honest. If you worked on it, put it up Recon. But it's not being talked about as much as I expected in here.

Seems like everyone found it underwhelming as hell. I know I did. It does kinda go to show Yela's strength though. If anybody less entertaining were on a good number of those tracks I'd hate this album, not even just be underwhelmed by it.

DominoKid said:
I dont recall drake ever saying that big sean started it. Just that that's who he got it from.

That's fair.

"I trace it back to Big Sean. That's the first guy I heard utilize that flow throughout the duration of a verse. I'll give him that credit."

He says utilize for a whole verse, not started the trend.

But then Sean said:

"With the super duper flow, I created that one word rhyme style," Big Sean said in an interview. "Drake really made it more popular, but Drake gave me the credit and was like, 'I really got that from Big Sean.'.......People always ask me was you mad that people took that style from you. I'm like, 'Nah, that went and shows me how far I can go as an artist.' I feel like I changed hip-hop. I haven't even dropped an album yet. So that goes to show me how powerful my mind is.'"

Sean needed to get put in check.

Recon

Banned
Tguy said:
oh, your mixtape?

Ding Ding Ding. Just waiting on a person to turn in her feature and gotta finish mixing a few things, and record a few more verses. But, most of that will be done tomorrow.

DominoKid said:
Busta Rhymes rolling with the money team. Signing w/ YMCMB da bidness.

trying to sell them records lmao.
I was waitin for you to comment on that haha, figured you was going to do that birdman talk.

ReconYoda said:
Ding Ding Ding. Just waiting on a person to turn in her feature and gotta finish mixing a few things, and record a few more verses. But, most of that will be done tomorrow.
How many tracks suppose to be on it?

Recon

Banned
Tguy said:
I was waitin for you to comment on that haha, figured you was going to do that birdman talk.

How many tracks suppose to be on it?

It is a 11-12 track tape. I havnt decided what is making the final cut. Ill make that decision when i sit down and listen to everything and figure out the sequencing. Im already working on my next tape, but it isnt strictly hip hop though. I feel like im finding myself with this tape, and evolving to something else on the other. I have to say tho, peter killed it with the production. If i could pay him for everything i would, shit means so much to me.

Recon

Banned
LightOfTruth said:
Are we upset about Busta with YM?

Well, by default he becomes the best artist on that label. I dont think he really fits, but i understand him wanting to sell some records.

LightOfTruth said:
Are we upset about Busta with YM?

If he gets access to A-tier production, doesn't pack his album with YM features, doesn't have too many ballads and maintains who he is, this could actually be a good thing.

Recon

Banned
Just got a number of this girl i used to date....she is the finest woman i have ever dated...and most of my songs about females are about her...I feel like im on such a high right now.. we have a date planned for Thanksgiving break. /live journal

PBY

Banned
ReconYoda said:
Just got a number of this girl i used to date....she is the finest woman i have ever dated...and most of my songs about females are about her...I feel like im on such a high right now.. we have a date planned for Thanksgiving break. /live journal
play her your shit and youre in

im too hyped to hear the final product btw

Recon

Banned
peterb0y said:
play her your shit and youre in

im too hyped to hear the final product btw

It is weird, im not even gonna try to sleep with her. Honestly, i could see myself with her. She is second year law student, smart, beautiful, and she has insanely good taste in music. Most of my inspiration for my "soft" songs come from her...On another tip, this mixtape is shaping up to be pretty good, IMO. Im really just trying to do justice to your production.

ReconYoda said:
Most of my inspiration for my "soft" songs come from her...On another tip, this mixtape is shaping up to be pretty good, IMO.
I see what you did there lol
ReconYoda said:
It is a 11-12 track tape. I havnt decided what is making the final cut. Ill make that decision when i sit down and listen to everything and figure out the sequencing. Im already working on my next tape, but it isnt strictly hip hop though. I feel like im finding myself with this tape, and evolving to something else on the other. I have to say tho, peter killed it with the production. If i could pay him for everything i would, shit means so much to me.
Cool shit man, keep up the work.
effingvic said:
what is supa dupa flow? is that the shitty nicki minaj one word punchline shit?
yeah that hash tag bullshit. I'm a star, sheriff!

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
effingvic said:
what is supa dupa flow? is that the shitty nicki minaj one word punchline shit?

Yup, which is why it's so idiotic they are even arguing over who "started" it. Why the fuck would you want to be the one responsible for that half assed lazy punchline bullshit. It's one of the worst things in hip hop.

I don't think anyone really changes much when they go to YMCMB, it's more like they don't get to shine unless they have somewhat a huge following before signing.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Oh and I hope that girl gives you an STD recon
mad cause you didn't ask for a verse from me for your tape....:p naw im playing, good luck and ill defintely be downloading when ou finish

I've hit a creative roadblock. I have two tracks ready to record but haven't been in the mindset to do it. And I have about 7 beats to write something to and have about a verse and half of lyrics. Pathetic. I need some pussy or something cause I don't know what has got me all mentally backed up.

Recon

Banned
Tguy said:
I don't think anyone really changes much when they go to YMCMB, it's more like they don't get to shine unless they have somewhat a huge following before signing.

Tyga gonna be selling bootleg Busta albums out of his trunk to pay rent. Kidding. For some inexplicable reason teenage white girls love him. This boggles my mind more than Kampsy's homoerotic relationship with Gucci/Flocka.

Recon

Banned
siddx said:
Oh and I hope that girl gives you an STD recon
mad cause you didn't ask for a verse from me for your tape....:p naw im playing, good luck and ill defintely be downloading when ou finish

I've hit a creative roadblock. I have two tracks ready to record but haven't been in the mindset to do it. And I have about 7 beats to write something to and have about a verse and half of lyrics. Pathetic. I need some pussy or something cause I don't know what has got me all mentally backed up.

Dude, i actually havnt finished my part on the track i was gonna send you...lmao. I was hoping you were gonna be able to bang it out over the weekend and it be a surprise feature on it....LOL.

siddx said:
Yup, which is why it's so idiotic they are even arguing over who "started" it. Why the fuck would you want to be the one responsible for that half assed lazy punchline bullshit. It's one of the worst things in hip hop.

oh god. i thought it was a lil wayne thing and it spread to the rest of YM like herpes

Tguy said:
yeah that hash tag bullshit. I'm a star, sheriff!

hash tag??? i feel so lame for not knowing these things lol

DominoKid

actually i'm pretty sure wayne picked it up from juelz when he was buddying around with dipset for a minute. dont hold me to that tho.

Recon

Banned
effingvic said:
oh god. i thought it was a lil wayne thing and it spread to the rest of YM like herpes

hash tag??? i feel so lame for not knowing these things lol

Fucking twitter. Shit spread its herpes to hip hop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom