• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamspy

Too much Shady. I knew that was a horrible label to go to. Fucking anonymous chicks singing hooks on every song. Bullshit thrown away Dre ghost producer beats. wtf. Hopefully it'll grow on me.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
coldvein said:
that said, i know we've got differences in taste and approach to conversation and shit, but any time you're in my hood, hit me up. pitchers, shots, and whatever other stuff you like on me.

this goes for any of gaf hop.

Will do..but if you say anything bad about Mac and Jacks we fighting for real for real

IrishNinja

@ vein: you're so lucky blastar predates that. i was this close to quoting some respiration lyrics, or just borrowing half of theives in the night from life, illusions of oasis makin' you look twice shit.

for current, off the top of the dome, my reply:

front yard, broad day, wit da SK (BOW BOW BOW BOW BOW BOW)

edit: done sosa, ace ima see japan one day and PM you like Game PMing dre for some halo co-op man

coldvein

Banned
watch vast murder the track effortless, like god's on my side and he answered my christmas list.. after the first couple of bars i start to smell fear, that's when i take 'em there so they can breathe air. so secure with your with your insecurity? perfect world of piety, i swat flies when they bother me. some say i touch hearts like kano. now every time you see a mic you just say no. some write with words. i write with meters. that's my soul it's rust free, raps stay dusty. in this coldest winters we THOUGHT husky. they be like "i don't know his name, but he aim like wayne gretzsky". that's funny, cuz i don't play hockey. i play horse on the mic and watch em all copy. left hooks left em shook like etch e sketches, gimme an inch an ma, i'll take a mile if you let me. i'm not a bum i'm a nomad off dome, thoughts have no home, the page is ours to roam.

apologies for the big block of text, but that shit is beowulf shakespeare shit. maddest hungriest cats ever. burned hot and bright for one record.

20111024-SPARTA.jpg

http://soundcloud.com/babygrande/m-o-p-snowgoons-sparta

I'm going to start a street fight......

nittyfront.jpg

http://vimeo.com/32162621
http://hulkshare.com/a4gjzhfmtqgd

2851576920-1.jpg

http://dps201.bandcamp.com/album/dead-poets-society
Is freaking BANDCAMP! Press play!

1317144088-1.jpg

Tracklist said:
01.The Travelers Ghost
02.I’m Chillin’ (feat. Concrete Cee)
03.Props Over Here (Skipless Remix)
04.Time (Interlude)
05.One Love (Skipless Remix)
06.Dark Matter
07.I Used To Love H.E.R. (Skipless Remix)
08.Introspection (feat. Praverb)
09.Vibe
10.Outro
11.My World Premiere (Skipless Bonus Remix)

Great 90's sounding album right here, especially the remixes.

RJT

IrishNinja said:
@ vein: you're so lucky blastar predates that. i was this close to quoting some respiration lyrics, or just borrowing half of theives in the night from life, illusions of oasis makin' you look twice shit.
Man, you just mentioned my two favorite tracks from my favorite album *brofist*

Recon

Banned
Kinda meh on this Yelawolf joint. Was expecting great things.. How is this album so mellow...i wanted some damn hype music.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
ReconYoda said:
Kinda meh on this Yelawolf joint. Was expecting great things.. How is this album so mellow...i wanted some damn hype music.

Yela has always been meh to me...but even I know not to expect hype from him..

goodfella

coldvein said:
See, i exist /iron fist / metal speech / scientist /
came out the womb of a phoenix / expect nothin less
than a mature flame / velocity's my plane / my thought is my train
the galaxy is the body / the sun is the heart / and the black hole is the brain.. heard my verse? you got nothin to say..

That makes very little sense. Like someone just learned how to use metaphors, but forgot they have to mean something.

Radioactive sucks. 'So Em, your album was successful...'

'Yeah, just get some random chick so sing a corny hook, slap a poppy beat on it. Also sing as much as you can.'

Lasers syndrome.

Recon

Banned
Blackace said:
Yela has always been meh to me...but even I know not to expect hype from him..

I mean, not exactly hype, but I was expecting him to go hard at least a couple times. I listened to it another time, and i actually like it a bit more. I was coming expecting Yela to just rip it, like he has the potential to do. It feels like a more personal Debut, which im cool with. Write Your Name has a dope concept and I liked it.

Esch

Banned
yela came too soft on this shit. where's the edge?

after hard white dropped i was expecting some clench ya fists and headbutt a glass table shit. This is kinda....Eh.
i suspect sluts might dig a lot of it tho

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
damn....I still have to give it the proper listen in the car with the system but first run through was underwhelming, it's mainly the middle that drags it the fuck down. Maybe it will grow on me, trunk muzik did. But I need less singing and more rear view mirrors vibrating.

PBY

Banned
ReconYoda said:
It is a solid 3.5/5 to me. But it definitely wasn't what i wanted from Yela, but it isn't bad.
Yeah, I like it alot more today. I was just super tired yest when I listened/ my expectations were for something different. I like the more ballady songs much more now. Not what I expected/wanted, but the lyrics and storytelling are good enough. Also, like you said, surprisingly personal.

Interesting take on album title from Kanyetothe--

Yela: "I came up with Radioactive when I was doing the Big Boi verse and wrote it as a metaphor for being dangerous and bomb-like, and toxic, and to use caution. And that’s one meaning of it, the darker side of it. The other meaning to Radioactive is to literally be active on radio, period. It’s my take on radio records. It’s my take on being a mainstream industry artist. It’s my spin on it. It’s intended to be a worldwide record."

DominoKid

ReconYoda said:
Lebron Nikes always look like garbage. I see that trend continues.

i'm not a big fan of the lebron line. i have a pair of the 8.2 to play basketball in. but i havent gone gaga over any of his since the 4 came out.

Recon

Banned
I just find the Lebron line ugly, especially since it is their star player line. I always liked Melos Jordans a lot more back when they first came out.

PBY

Banned
Yelas album is definitely a grower- on my 5th listen now, I'm up to a 4/5. Not so disappointed anymore, the poppy tracks with the hooks and whatnot still have amazing lyrics and storytelling.

Goin to have to give that yelawolf and some of the other tapes posted a listen later.

I was listening to R4 this morning and it reminded me I never listened to that David Banner & 9th Wonder album that came out last year(?), what did yall think about it?

iavi

So many tapes in here recently. Between this and the Jazzhop thread, I'm never going to catch up.

E: Those Gorillaz chucks are clean as hell, but I don't do chucks. Get me a pair of vans like that and I'll buy them at a high price.

Slizz

Tguy said:
Goin to have to give that yelawolf and some of the other tapes posted a listen later.

I was listening to R4 this morning and it reminded me I never listened to that David Banner & 9th Wonder album that came out last year(?), what did yall think about it?

Decent. Banner's newer shit since has sounded a lot better. But if you're listening for 9th then yeah its OK.

kamspy

I'm a little higher on Radioactive than I was this morning, but I'm pretty sure it's not going to reach the highs on Trunk Muzik. There are too many songs I could just throw away. I'm really shocked.

Now, I'm not calling it a bad album, it's a bad album for Yelawolf. Still better than most shit.

Mad props for the Shawty Fat and Mystical features. Eminem pretty much ruins Throw it Up, and I'm not even saying that in my usual Em hate way. He just doesn't fit the song. Would have much better with Juicy J or Project Pat.

Also, where the hell is my Gucci feature?

iavi

I'm going through Radioactive now... This fucking middle section.... Lyrically it isn't bad, but it's not me at all. That first third was fire though.

PBY

Banned
kamspy said:
I'm a little higher on Radioactive than I was this morning, but I'm pretty sure it's not going to reach the highs on Trunk Muzik. There are too many songs I could just throw away. I'm really shocked.

Now, I'm not calling it a bad album, it's a bad album for Yelawolf. Still better than most shit.

Mad props for the Shawty Fat and Mystical features. Eminem pretty much ruins Throw it Up, and I'm not even saying that in my usual Em hate way. He just doesn't fit the song. Would have much better with Juicy J or Project Pat.

Also, where the hell is my Gucci feature?
Yeah... I really would have liked a Gucci feature- see:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rhDC0yGZJE

AND

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIu-m5al80o

damn.

kamspy

ReconYoda said:
Eminem pretty much kills that track, in a good way. Gangsta Boo can barely stay on beat.

Not really. He's so out of touch with reality that the content of his verse is just wack.

Of course you'd hate Gangsta Boo. She's the best female MC of all time. You've got that self esteem complex that prevents you from liking female MCs. It's alright though man, clearly the qualities of the song are lost to you.

ReconYoda said:
A gucci feature would of ruined the album for me. Gucci's stupid ass flow would of been so bad next to Yela.

It's pretty much common knowledge that Gucc and Yela have great chemistry. I know you subscribe to the "NO FUN ALLOWED IN HIP HOP" theory, so this statement isn't really shocking. The song would have flown right over your head anyways.

tmdorsey

kamspy said:
Not really. He's so out of touch with reality that the content of his verse is just wack.

Of course you'd hate Gangsta Boo. She's the best female MC of all time. You've got that self esteem complex that prevents you from liking female MCs. It's alright though man, clearly the qualities of the song are lost to you.

It's pretty much common knowledge that Gucc and Yela have great chemistry. I know you subscribe to the "NO FUN ALLOWED IN HIP HOP" theory, so this statement isn't really shocking. The song would have flown right over your head anyways.

My sarcasm meter must be broke. Is she really?

Recon

Banned
kamspy said:

Didn't say i hated Gangsta Boo. I liked her verse. I just found it funny you call em for being out of place when Boo can barely stay on beat. If you want to get personal, thats cool. Im not gonna do that though. Also, I'm not a fan of the female voice rapping. I do like Dessa and Eternia. Also, Gangsta Boo is not even close to being the best female MC of all time(although that is a low bar). So take that whack ass self esteem bullshit out of here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom