• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

Rocky & Alc bout to swag it out.
c97509dc159c11e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
na, embarassing is any one of the 70 atmosphere songs about hangovers and/or single mothers

True, its embarrassing how much better slug is than everyone else. Makes me feel embarrassed to even be listening to all these other garbage ass rappers

She wants to be an astronaut
But in reality she sells ass in the parking lot
Her brother has MS and can't walk
Sometimes she wants to yell but she can't talk
cuz her vocal cords are dead from the meth
Another lost soul something something where are the refs

there, I've explained 60% of all Atmosphere songs

Esch

Banned
Say i'm an asshole when they meet me
cause i've had lots of lovers,
full blown hepatitis c
Do you really wanna know me
cause i'm a wolf on the inside
drowned in a sea of j&b
can't save me
no matter how hard you try
cause i'm drunk out in public lookin tryna rouse a public outcry
goddamn, it's already 3am
find me face first passed out in a cherry pie

DominoKid

lmao

i can dig it. i was expecting Mos to be kinda shitty/off but he brings it.

siddx

Uhhhh shoot a bitch in the face
Uhhhh sell drugs and shoot more bitches
Uhhhh repeat these two lines over and over
Uhhhh get other dumbfucks who aspire to be worthless drains on society just like me to listen to my music
Uhhhh do a little dance like I'm a fucking clown in the circus while rich white men get richer off me
Uhhhh don't invest in anything but cars and ugly jewlery
Uhhhh now I'll be broke sucking dick for 5 bucks in 5 years
Uhhhh but for now don't bother to wonder why we celebrate dumbfuck ignorant ass bullshit in hip hop like the dipshit self loathing asshat tools we are.
Uhhhh

There I've explained 90% of the bullshit some of you fools listen to.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Uhhhh get other dumbfucks who aspire to be worthless drains on society just like me to listen to my music
Uhhhh do a little dance like I'm a fucking clown in the circus while rich white men get richer off me
Uhhhh but for now don't bother to wonder why we celebrate dumbfuck ignorant ass bullshit in hip hop like the dipshit self loathing asshat tools we are.
Uhhhh

Not really, you just wrote a Master P song.

overcast

Uhhhh

Shhh. Don't tell them that rappers stick to their topics and rap about the same thing. Nobody does that except Atmosphere.

Black Star track is nice. Can't wait for the mixtape.

DominoKid

Uhhhh

D0J1A.jpg

HiResDes

Uhhhh

Is that the latest Young Nigga track?

Made in the U.S.A. (feat. NO ONE)

Figured it was worth a shot. Doesn't fix the Shady beat and the bitch ad libs. But eh.

Honestly, spending that much time with the record made me realize this is a fool's errand. Can't put lipstick on a pig. etc.

lol. my final verdict on the album:....it's good. It could have been much better if it went Trunk Muzik but you know what? I'm actually warming up to the second half of the album.

The only tracks I feel like skipping now are Growing up in the Gutter (aka Yela thinks he's NIN), the one with Mystikal and Slumerican Shitizen.

His 'love songs' have amazingly redeemable lines like:

"But you don't wanna see me go
Even though I've only given you dick and cold cereal
So you must have a thing for Lucky Charms
Or the bad girl in you just fell in my lucky arms"

lol that's straight up channelling siddx and Recon right there. And I'm digging the country feel of Everything I Love the Most and Radio (which has some good bars too).

The one thing that puts this above it's brother Recovery is that Yela has a waaaaaaaaaaaaay better singing voice than nails on the chalkboard Eminem.

SoilBreak

Banned
Uhhhh

Laughing my dick off

DominoKid

Maybe he'll get so drunk he'll put out Act II.

the twist is that Act II doesnt exist.

there never was an Act II

it was just a macguffin to drive the story of Jay Electronica

yes goddamnit i am still bitter i spent an entire xmas day at the computer hoping Act II would drop

HiResDes

na, embarassing is any one of the 70 atmosphere songs about hangovers and/or single mothers

I think the greatest thing about Tupac was that he could talk about the poor fates of many single moms on one track, then blasting motherfuckers with an AK47, ponder philosophical questions as to whether heaven has a ghetto in the next, and yet met each of these tracks sound both genuine and convincing.

siddx

Burn all your Hip-hop records then. Shit is from the hood, what do you expect, some kumbaya my lord, shit? GTFOutta here! Jazz man, JAZZ! Toku knows what I mean.

lol shit aint from the hood, how many rappers live in the hood? 1 out of 10? outta 20. Hip hop is faker than Amber Rose's love for Wiz. I can't remember the last time I listened to a rapper talk about being a badass thug and actually believed them. Scarface? NWA? Spice 1? Sometime around the early 90's probably.

Besides, if others can make absurd generalizations about atmosphere, I can do the same about hip hop in general. Thats whats makes this thread magical. We all sound stupid as fuck.

coldvein

Banned

lolz.

IrishNinja

man, jay elec better reign in that reckless talk or else he might say some shit and lose some sponsors to his tours and label and

oh

OG Kush

Damn some of the people must follow a lot of artists on twitter here and know every little thing about them. what happened to the good ol days of not knowing that much artists. no internet just magazines.

Damn some of the people must follow a lot of artists on twitter here and know every little thing about them. what happened to the good ol days of not knowing that much artists. no internet just magazines.
Telegrams motherfucker, telegrams! That's what twitter is. The 21st Century telegram, with TMZ on top.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

It's good and bad. You folllow on twitter to get the hook up on new music, butyou end up knowing more about the artist than you probably want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom