• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Can someone who didn't like 3k's verse tell me why you dislike it?

Also, Danny Brown just doesn't give a fuck.

dannyasapkendrick.jpg

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
The joke was they thought Carter 4 was good. Both albums are dog dick.

Everytime I see a picture of Danny Brown, it becomes harder and harder to stay a fan.

I'm not familiar with this shit, but Lil B didn't create swag rap did he? I was listening to that ASAP tape and thought he was jacking the Based God too, then I figured that style maybe has existed for awhile.

Still, ASAP strikes me as a fraud or something. Dude has some nice songs on his tape but yea...something about him/his deal if off

siddx

It makes me sad that I will never make a song as great as Return of the Mack by Mark Morrison. It is better than your entire life.

I'm not familiar with this shit, but Lil B didn't create swag rap did he? I was listening to that ASAP tape and thought he was jacking the Based God too, then I figured that style maybe has existed for awhile.

Still, ASAP strikes me as a fraud or something. Dude has some nice songs on his tape but yea...something about him/his deal if off

Lil B didn't create the whole swag thing, it's been around forever. I think the reason why ASAP Rocky is getting buzz and reconition is because of his approach. He raps like a normal dude and masters his audio, something Lil B doesn't do. Hell its those two reasons why people consider Lil B a "weirdo rapper" more so than a swag artist. Like I personally can't listen to Lil B with a straight face or sober.

Lil B didn't create the whole swag thing, it's been around forever. I think the reason why ASAP Rocky is getting buzz and reconition is because of his approach. He raps like a normal dude and masters his audio, something Lil B doesn't do. Hell its those two reasons why people consider Lil B a "weirdo rapper" more so than a swag artist. Like I personally can't listen to Lil B with a straight face or sober.

Agreed, Rocky sounds like a Lil B with decent delivery/lines. He at least can take hot beats and not make you wish it was an instrumental; whereas Lil B has wasted so many Clams beats.

I'm not hating on Lil B, I think he's entertaining and has some fun songs. But it sounds like if he just put some effort into anything he could be making ASAP Rocky type shit.

my fav track on there is Trilla. Straight old school fire

Tokubetsu

Thing with ASAP is, he is the very definition of an average rapper. He's competent, and can follow a beat. He's just managed to get some really great beats and can write memorable/decent hooks.

DominoKid

it doesnt matter how good the rest of the TDE guys are. Kendrick has been anointed the new hope of the west, so they're all his flunkies right now.

I think now that I feel like I'm going out of my way to get Lupe's mixtape is when I can finally admit to myself that I'm no longer a fan. I can't even make it through his older projects anymore. Meh.

it doesnt matter how good the rest of the TDE guys are. Kendrick has been anointed the new hope of the west, so they're all his flunkies right now.

yes, sadly this is true. It feels like they're delegated to being his future weed carriers due to Kendrick being proclaimed new king of the west (and whose fucking idea was this? Kendrick is a great spitter but he feels too...timid, rather than a mic beast)

Macca

I don't think so. I respect Kendrick as an MC, but just can't fuck with a lot of his music. I know it's loved around here but section.80 did nothing for me. I loved J Rocks album though.

BUT. I think Kendrick can go further. I guess I just like that old school west sound. Kendrick is without doubt the better MC. I loved him on that track on Drakes album. But yea, I feel bad, but section.80 just didn't click with me.

Detox

So Blackstar is preparing a new mixtape: Aretha Franklin and Talib said
VcYLC.png

Oh and Mos changed his name he is now Yasiin Bey.

Recon

Banned
Friend Of The People been on since thanksgiving. I think Lupe has kept me as a fan. Besides his few lines about Occupy and the first 3 tracks, shit is a dope mixtape. Hopefully Lasers was really a label fuck up.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Shit I just get back and Detox gets banned? It's no joke that someone is always banned at GAF-Hop.

Been listening to a lot recently, gonna compile my thoughts. Basically had the inverse reaction the consensus had to FOTP and Radioactive.

overcast

Friend Of The People been on since thanksgiving. I think Lupe has kept me as a fan. Besides his few lines about Occupy and the first 3 tracks, shit is a dope mixtape. Hopefully Lasers was really a label fuck up.

No joke dude, I really like the tape. A few whack tracks, but overall he wrote some really nice songs.

May be the stannery talking??

DominoKid

siddx

Lamar is timid as fuck, and that monster freestyle was embarrassing. Dudes a solid B- rapper on his best day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom