• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.
life is a bitch and death is her sister.

sleep is the cousin, where the fuck the family picture?

My favorite off of 6'7''

... other than that I can't take Weezy's voice. I remember being such a Lil Wayne stan too. :lol

PBY

Banned
spindashing said:
life is a bitch and death is her sister.

sleep is the cousin, where the fuck the family picture?

My favorite off of 6'7''

... other than that I can't take Weezy's voice. I remember being such a Lil Wayne stan too. :lol
I was a fan too, but honestly, his voice/flow/inflection has changed. Go back and listen to I Know the Future for example. Totally different. Fuck, I don't post Rebirth Wayne at ALL.

peterb0y said:
I was a fan too, but honestly, his voice/flow/inflection has changed. Go back and listen to I Know the Future for example. Totally different. Fuck, I don't post Rebirth Wayne at ALL.

Word. Smh. Ah, well.

In other news... Wale got signed to Maybach Music Group by Officer Ricky? Whoah.

New Wale: Talk To Me (feat. Roscoe Dash)

It's ... nothing special. I'm only listening it to it now. I do not like the hook, though.

Acid08

Banned
album-93-til-infinity.jpg

Discuss.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
The beat is WAY overproduced, but Wayne did spit pretty well.

Ugh, the beats sucks so bad though. Like three too many layers.
exarkun said:
Im currently studying for my last final and needed some motivation so I got out my ollld harddrive and started listening to my mixtape collection from 04-07 and it made me realize how fucking professional new mixtapes are. Wayne's first mixtape of 04? Really really shitty sound quality and it sounds like he is in his basement. Z ro in 04? Terrible quality. But they sound like they are having so much fun and edits are so brazen/obvious.

I want that back.
Do you have all of the Squad Up tapes? Upload those joints.

Yo Gotti

Banned
So uhhhhhhh....

Let's talk about Lil' B. Seriously for a second.

I'm actually lost for words, it can't be explained.

I just read his interview with Complex.com

and I get it.

I understand the Based God.

I can relate to the Based God.

and after reading it I officially fuck with the Based God.

That is all. All is Based.

Yo Gotti said:
So uhhhhhhh....

and I get it.

Lil B said:
You know we shooting videos heavily, getting it in. So I was out in the woods shooting a video and I seen these raccoons, and these raccoons was kind of surrounding me—they did not seem to be backing down—and I was like, “Damn.” I had my shit on top of my car, so I took a few things, but I forgot my phone was up there and just drove off. I heard something ring and I’m like, “okay, it’s in the backseat.” Then I heard something fall off the car on the freeway. I kept driving and then I looked for my phone and never found it.

:lol :lol :lol :lol Hoes on my dick cause I'm a raccoon

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
So I bumped nothing but Illmatic -> IWW -> Illmatic -> IWW -> Illmatic today.

Illmatic SUCKS after Halftime, straight up. It Ain't Hard To Tell is a sick finisher, but Memory Lane through Represent hurts my ears.

Nas had matured so much, lyrically. The first verse on I Gave You Power alone is better than any verse he spit on Illmatic, and it's not even close.

Conceptually, IWW is so cohesive, that Illmatic honestly feels like a mixtape in comparison. Front to back, the tracks low in a manner which makes complete sense.

I will now comfortably say that IWW shits on Illmatic, and will defend this position.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yo Gotti said:
So uhhhhhhh....

and I get it.

I won't say this was enlightening, but it was interesting.

Beyond the jokes/meme, I understand Based God. I'm not quite sure if he understands himself, but I understand.

Based God > Flocka.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
enzo_gt said:
I won't say this was enlightening, but it was interesting.

Beyond the jokes/meme, I understand Based God. I'm not quite sure if he understands himself, but I understand.

Based God > Flocka.
It's all garbage.

Tokubetsu

SoulPlaya said:
It's all garbage.

I'm listening to Flockaveli right now what now motherfucker?

WE SHOOTING OVER HERE NO MARTIAL ARTS

BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG

*This post brought to you by free drinks from a friend*

Tokubetsu

HiResDes said:
You know what I just discovered while intoxicated...George Kush Da Button > Pilot Talk II

You're full of shit. The beat on Airborne Aquarium alone > all of George Kush Da B utton.

Beezy

Yo Gotti said:
So uhhhhhhh....

and I get it.

Wow, that actually made me seriously respect him a bit.

PhoenixDark said:
That 6'7 is alright but

"I got through that sentence like a subject and a predicate"

is one of the best lines of the year, damn :lol

amazing :lol

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
ShinobiFist said:
This. You fools need to listen to illmatic again. Is not as good as you guys think. And who brought in Sales-Age into GAF-HOP?:lol

I'm late as hell but... I listen to Illmatic like it came out yesterday. It gets constant play. And it is the best hip hop album to ever be released. Period. Fuck your wrinkly ass grandmama if you disagree. It was written was a great album as well, but nothing close to illmatic.

The M.O.B

It just occurred to me how much money Diddy is putting behind his (crappy) album. Dude has Ads on every hip hop site on the planet and he is lined up to perform on almost every late night show in the coming weeks. Not to mention he has had a performance at almost every award show in the past 4-5 months.

It would be fail if he doesn't move at least +300k.

The M.O.B

Last Train to Paris is just all over the place for me.

It is pretty obvious that Diddy threw a bunch of money at a bunch of rappers/producers/singers and said "MAKE ME SOME HITS...........NOW!!". And what comes out is an album that really is not about anything. I'm a big fan of albums having a consistent theme and this doesn't have one. If he was going to make an album for the clubs, then have most of the songs made for the club. Don't throw in some BS RnB songs in the middle. The one thing that I can applaud the bricksquad rappers for is that you know what their album is gonna be about. You know that if you want to get mad hyped, you throw on some Gucci or some Waka or something. /Rant

RJT

K.Jack said:
So I bumped nothing but Illmatic -> IWW -> Illmatic -> IWW -> Illmatic today.

Illmatic SUCKS after Halftime, straight up. It Ain't Hard To Tell is a sick finisher, but Memory Lane through Represent hurts my ears.

Nas had matured so much, lyrically. The first verse on I Gave You Power alone is better than any verse he spit on Illmatic, and it's not even close.

Conceptually, IWW is so cohesive, that Illmatic honestly feels like a mixtape in comparison. Front to back, the tracks low in a manner which makes complete sense.

I will now comfortably say that IWW shits on Illmatic, and will defend this position.
Memory Lane is brilliant. The only song on Illmatic I find only good is Represent, and it still has some brilliant lines.

kamspy

Yelawolf is freakin white dude with a greasy punk rock hair cut?

I had no idea.:lol

Lex Lugar is pretty hot right now. That's my favorite thing about Wale going to Maybach Music. Hopefully he'll use more diverse beats. He always kills the southern beats.

RPS37

CurT@!N$ - Killer Tape

Kept seeing this dudes freestyles getting posted on 2DBz. I looked on the comments on the tape, then started listening to the first song as I always do and before he started rapping I was interested. Still haven't finished listening to the first song, but I'm feeling pretty confident.

HiResDes

kamspy said:
Yelawolf is freakin white dude with a greasy punk rock hair cut?

I had no idea.:lol

Lex Lugar is pretty hot right now. That's my favorite thing about Wale going to Maybach Music. Hopefully he'll use more diverse beats. He always kills the southern beats.
How? Do you not listen to his lyrics? I can't believe I've been listening to him since I first heard Kickin' and he's just now getting fairly big.

kamspy

HiResDes said:
How? Do you not listen to his lyrics? I can't believe I've been listening to him since I first heard Kickin' and he's just now getting fairly big.

I just got Trunk Music last weekend. Been bumping it all week. Decided to see if he had any vids on YouTube. Watched Pop tha Trunk. Thought they were using some actor for some artsy vibe or something at first. :lol

I only saw the b&w album cover on Amazon. Thought he was light skinned, hence the "yela".

PBY

Banned
spindashing said:
YES. Thank you. I thought I was the only one who felt that Lex Luger/Justice League beats are all the same. They're bangers though.
Dude not at all- Justice League is on some orchestral shit, Lex Luger is nice, but not close to that level

peterb0y said:
Dude not at all- Justice League is on some orchestral shit, Lex Luger is nice, but not close to that level
Well, if it means anything, I'd choose Justice League over Lex Luger. I guess I'm not that a big fan of either sources of production.

On the note of production, call me late but I did not know the Chris Webber that used to be on the Sacramento Kings produced Nas' Blunt Ashes on Hip Hop Is Dead. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom