• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.
ShinobiFist said:
You ask where is it from, and I told your poser ass it was already posted. Not my fault your too lazy to Google who produce "OJ Simpson" or better yet, actually read the original post, son. And Bobby is a solid rapper, kill that noise.

I'm far from a poser. but I googled the instrumental for the song, and couldn't find it. secondly, i'm not your "son" :lol why do you post so ignorantly? it's comical to say the least.

To everyone else, I dont like bobby creekwater. sorry. i listened to all of it. just not my cup of tea, he wack to me.

Tokubetsu

Fixed2BeBroken said:
I'm far from a poser. but I googled the instrumental for the song, and couldn't find it. secondly, i'm not your "son" :lol

To everyone else, I dont like bobby creekwater. sorry. i listened to all of it. just not my cup of tea, he wack to me.

We can get pretty hype in here :lol

No need to apologize, I have a breakdown every other page lol

PBY

Banned
peterb0y said:
BTTF_draft9.jpg
I'm gonna keep posting this on every page til someone downloads it.
FREE CHARLES HAMILTON

HiResDes

peterb0y said:
I'm gonna keep posting this on every page til someone downloads it.
FREE CHARLES HAMILTON
I already downloaded it, in fact I've downloaded and listened to nearly all of his shit...You late bra, but I'm pretty sure that tape is actually fairly old, but was just re-released.

PBY

Banned
HiResDes said:
I already downloaded it, in fact I've downloaded and listened to nearly all of his shit...You late bra, but I'm pretty sure that tape is actually fairly old, but was just re-released.
really? I also have a ton of CH's mixtapes, but he's put out so many its tough to keep track of em

Fixed2BeBroken said:
I'm far from a poser. but I googled the instrumental for the song, and couldn't find it. secondly, i'm not your "son" :lol why do you post so ignorantly? it's comical to say the least.

Expect a respond like that when you call someone a "Fool" and two, it gets rather annoying when someone already posted the source in THE SAME PAGE and the question gets repeated again. If your having trouble finding the instrumental just get the song and loop the last two breaks(A pretty long break as well)Those two parts is basically the whole beat, just put those breaks together and loop. @ HighRes, good looking out on the info.

HiResDes

peterb0y said:
really? I also have a ton of CH's mixtapes, but he's put out so many its tough to keep track of em

Oh shit I didn't know someone else in here was a Charles Hamilton fanatic too...Dude is a mad genius, and yeah I think it's old, but I don't think it was ever released.

HiResDes said:
Oh shit I didn't know one else in here was a Charles Hamilton fanatic too...Dude is a mag genius, and yeah I think it's old, but I don't think it was ever released.
Hey, don't count me out. Homeboy is very talented. He's amazing at playing the piano as well. I wish one day he'll do a album on just his piano works.

ShinobiFist said:
Expect a respond like that when you call someone a "Fool" and two, it gets rather annoying when someone already posted the source in THE SAME PAGE and the question gets repeated again. If your having trouble finding the instrumental just get the song and loop the last two breaks(A pretty long break as well)Those two parts is basically the whole beat, just put those breaks together and loop.

meh, dont feel like it. want the actual instrumental. hate me more because i want that instead? dont know why you mad. :lol

Fixed2BeBroken said:
meh, dont feel like it. want the actual instrumental. hate me more because i want that instead? dont know why you mad. :lol
That is the actual instrumental, you just need to swap the drum break with the guitar loop. And you wanted to "Bless" that track, but to lazy to do a simple task like putting two loops together? That shit takes less then 5min to do:lol Slacker indeed.......

PhoenixDark said:
Seriously

since when is a song at 72 on the Hot 11 a "smash" :lol

50 and G-Unit are irrelevant, get over it. 50 is funny on twitter but no one wants to hear him mumble more shit. Wayne's reign is going to last a lot longer than 50's hot few summers.

Agreed, I don't even like him but he's still the "biggest" rapper out.

I just find it hilarious that the same people who's stannerism and obsession over numbers contributed to the ruining of hip hop find themselves supporting a group of has beens who no longer sell, no longer are relevant to hip hop, etc. Jay-Z started the obsession with numbers, but 50 took it to another level - and I'm having a blast watching his shit flop.

:lol 50 destoyed hiphop trolls these days.....and if you want to talk about some who used to scream about number 2pac started that but you wouldn't know that.

You act like 50 is just flopping hard lmao, 600k on one album, and he's done? newsflash homie Jay-Z, Eminem, & Drake are the only rapper to go platinum with and album in the past 2 years. kanye will crawl to platinum next year.

Explain to me how a man with no hits on his last album besides "baby by me" outsells "Relevant" people like Kid Cudi, Rick Ross, & T.i, etc.?

and it's funny how you ignored the radio stats and the fact that the record is climbing EVERYWEEK. and don't act like "Blowing Money Fast" wasn't call a hit that shit only charted at 60.

i'll how fun watching you eat crow next album :lol

and wanye isn't the biggest rapper out if you haven't noticed since you like to focus on sales that would be eminem buddy lol

i'm done with you troll.

HiResDes

Why are you even talking about 50 cent, it seems like wasted breath to me? Who gives a shit about sales, if that were the case then I'd have to concede that Nicki Minaj album is better than Death is Silent or Niggaz With Latitude...It's kind of a moot point to make.

HiResDes said:
Why are you even talking about 50 cent, it seems like wasted breath to me? Who gives a shit about sales, if that were the case then I'd have to concede that Nicki Minaj album is better than Death is Silent or Niggaz With Latitude...It's kind of a moot point to make.

i wasn't even talking about sales until dude brought it up, never ONCE did i mention it until phoenix started with that shit, you can check back. his argument on "relevance" is purely based on sales and chart positions some which i can look up and prove or disprove. he's a troll

As for album quality i NEVER EVER said i think 50 has the "best" albums of all time, hell he was wasn't even rhyming on half of curtis :lol

and power of the dollar is for people that like 50 but don't want to admit it :lol

PBY

Banned
ThePrivateCookie said:
i wasn't even talking about sales until dude brought it up, never ONCE did i mention it until phoenix start with that shit, you can check back.

and power of the dollar is for people that like 50 but don't want to admit it :lol
who doesn't wan't to admit they like 50? I mean, hes not the GOAT or anything, but he made some great music back in the day, and every once in a while even now he'll come up with a banger

kamspy

I just realized it's impossible to bump Corner Bodega without playing this directly after.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQO9xsVROL4

Damn. Fucking good memories. I hope fif comes hard on his next shit. I haven't really loved any of his Shady stuff. First one was alright. Nothing tops the Power of the Doller work and the mixtapes right before Get Rich. God's Plan, No Mercy. Man, rappers wish they could put out shit that hot these days.

kamspy said:
I just realized it's impossible to bump Corner Bodega without playing this directly after.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQO9xsVROL4

Damn. Fucking good memories. I hope fif comes hard on his next shit. I haven't really loved any of his Shady stuff. First one was alright. Nothing tops the Power of the Doller work and the mixtapes right before Get Rich. God's Plan, No Mercy. Man, rappers wish they could put out shit that hot these days.

i wouldn't expect any type of stuff from him unless he puts it on a mixtape, the closet thing to that he put out this year was this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks07DTvThAA

kamspy

Mr Solo Dolo said:
Already posted?

Bieber in the studio with Dr Dre
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuAKbpUEE_Q

I just copped his acoustic record for my 10 y/o daughter. Dude's got talent. Usher is workin it just right too.

ThePrivateCookie said:
i wouldn't expect any type of stuff from him unless he puts it on a mixtape, the closet thing to that he put out this year was this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks07DTvThAA

Nah, he dropped the hottest mixtape verse in all of 09 on Forever King.

This shit gives me so much hope for a new, good 50 album.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CoSV8EO3f0

No GAF hopper can deny that. Unless it's one of those Rawkus gaffers. ;)

peterb0y said:
who doesn't wan't to admit they like 50? I mean, hes not the GOAT or anything, but he made some great music back in the day, and every once in a while even now he'll come up with a banger

alot of people they'll say he's "Done", "weak" or what but those same people still watch his videos on youtube judging by the views and are always ready to leave a nasty comment lol

it's like people give him the benefit of the doubt and if it's not what they wanted personally they'll shit on it, even if it's good lol. He's kinda like nas in that sense great first album, too commercial second album ( I Love The Massarce & It Was Written Though), two duds, and stillmatic.

it's up to 50 to drop is "stillmatic" now

ThePrivateCookie said:
:lol 50 destoyed hiphop trolls these days.....and if you want to talk about some who used to scream about number 2pac started that but you wouldn't know that.

You act like 50 is just flopping hard lmao, 600k on one album, and he's done? newsflash homie Jay-Z, Eminem, & Drake are the only rapper to go platinum with and album in the past 2 years. kanye will crawl to platinum next year.

Explain to me how a man with no hits on his last album besides "baby by me" outsells "Relevant" people like Kid Cudi, Rick Ross, & T.i, etc.?

and it's funny how you ignored the radio stats and the fact that the record is climbing EVERYWEEK. and don't act like "Blowing Money Fast" wasn't call a hit that shit only charted at 60.

i'll how fun watching you eat crow next album :lol

and wanye isn't the biggest rapper out if you haven't noticed since you like to focus on sales that would be eminem buddy lol

i'm done with you troll.

u mad Ross is a bigger rapper than 50 right now? BMF still blasts from multiple cars I pass son.

Forgot about Eminem, you're right he's the biggest. 50 isn't in the top 10 anymore, dude is irrelevant outside of twitter.

Deuces.

PhoenixDark said:
u mad Ross is a bigger rapper than 50 right now? BMF still blasts from multiple cars I pass son.

Forgot about Eminem, you're right he's the biggest. 50 isn't in the top 10 anymore, dude is irrelevant outside of twitter.

Deuces.

how is he a bigger rap---you know what i'll let you live in your fantasy world :lol

3.6 million followers irrelevant

top 3 selling hiphop album behind Jay-z and eminem in 09

$200 million 10 picture movie deal

yup dude is done:lol

kamspy said:
lol no thanks. If Nas never made Illmatic he'd be in the same league as Memphis Bleek. If not a tier lower.

what i meant is that 50 should drop his "stillmatic" as in a good album that returns him to form, like nas did with that album after everyone said he fell off

kamspy

ThePrivateCookie said:
what i meant is that 50 should drop his "stillmatic" as in a good album that returns him to form, like nas did with that album after everyone said he fell off

I know what you mean. I'm just saying Nas fell off the minute he finished the Illmatic recording sessions. Pure mediocrity (at best) after that.

HiResDes

kamspy said:
I know what you mean. I'm just saying Nas fell off the minute he finished the Illmatic recording sessions. Pure mediocrity (at best) after that.
False. It Was Written is a good album. Stillmatic is a good album. Hip-Hop is Dead is decent.

kamspy said:

yeah but stillmatic gave him some life during that jay-z beef , and it has a few cuts that i like and it got the mainstream to accept him again after his 2 not so good albums, for atleast a few more year after that he went back to doing the same shit. :lol

kamspy

HiResDes said:
False. It Was Written is a good album. Stillmatic is a good album. Hip-Hop is Dead is decent.

I'll give ya It Was Written. It had a couple really good tracks.

Aside from that I can't get behind any Nas album. I've bought them all day 1 trying to recapture the Ill. Never happened. Never got close. It Was Written is good, but that's it. Just "good".

Hootie

I just wish Nas would go back to his gritty Nasty Nas roots and release a worthy sequel to Illmatic, then retire.

Of course this will never happen, but I can dream.

kamspy

Hootie said:
I just wish Nas would go back to his gritty Nasty Nas roots and release a worthy sequel to Illmatic, then retire.

Of course this will never happen, but I can dream.

There's always Lost Tapes and AZ albums.

kamspy said:
I'll give ya It Was Written. It had a couple really good tracks.

Aside from that I can't get behind any Nas album. I've bought them all day 1 trying to recapture the Ill. Never happened. Never got close. It Was Written is good, but that's it. Just "good".
have to agree.

though I did enjoy several tracks off...shit...whatever album "Live Now" was on.

THE NIELSEN COMPANY is ending its measurement of radio in the UNITED STATES, the company announced TODAY (12/13). The FALL 2010 ratings were the company's last for radio; back data and limited access to Radio Advisor software will continue to be available for use by clients as required.

The statement issued by the company says, "This decision has no impact on THE NIELSEN COMPANY's international radio measurement, and we will continue our radio measurement operations in each of the 11 countries we currently serve."

NIELSEN jumped into the radio ratings business in 2008 and had initially gained CLEAR CHANNEL and CUMULUS business in smaller markets, but the company has decided not to continue measuring radio.

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/a...pulls-plug-on-u-s-radio-ratings?ref=mail_news

well damn.

I'll only say this:

The Message
Street Dreams
I Gave You Power
Nas Is Coming
Watch Dem Ni**as
Affirmative Action
If I Ruled The World (Imagine That)

unforgettable classics from IWW that heavily impacted my early hip-hop life and appreciation for substantive rhymes.

IrishNinja

oh good we're pretending Illmatic wasn't Illmatic again :lol

pe93d.jpg

(sorry hootie, i love this image though, haha)

*edit: i cant say shit about dreams-visions tracklist, straight classics

ThePrivateCookie said:
how is he a bigger rap---you know what i'll let you live in your fantasy world :lol

3.6 million followers irrelevant

top 3 selling hiphop album behind Jay-z and eminem in 09

$200 million 10 picture movie deal

Don't you think by now the number one spot I'm not concerned with it
The course of rap I'm turnin it
Back to that good old fashioned way of getting cash money by earning it
No bogus hocus pocus, I bring back to focus
Skills if you notice my position is lotus
Now quote this, MC's are just hopeless
Thinkin record sales make them the dopest

- Knowledge Reigns Supreme Over Nearly Everyone

The Set Up might be the best mafioso story track I've ever heard. Venus and Vicious...damn.

Production wise it's like a glossier OB4CL to me. Illmatic is superior in every way imo, plus has no filler. Black Girl Lost is horrible, and I don't like Shootouts (kinda lazy sample imo).

HiResDes

Okay to bring up something else, I know I've said this and others have said this a thousand times, but man Trunk Muzik is so aptly titled...It might be the best music to blast in the whip ever :

Edit: Also every Nas album has at least one bag, even Nastradamus has Shoot Em Up' which is a perfect song for this time of the season

IrishNinja

oh, if we're talking single tracks - I Am...was mostly forgettable for me, but "Nas is like" was my shit for years; i can never get tired of a classic primo beat like that.

HiResDes

IrishNinja said:
oh, if we're talking single tracks - I Am...was mostly forgettable for me, but "Nas is like" was my shit for years; i can never get tired of a classic primo beat like that.

Word. I also like Small World.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
peterb0y said:
Yeah a lot of people are ashamed to say they like 50. But I don't care how much money he has in the bank, he needs to STFU and make proper, good music again.

In my perfect rap world in my head, The Game & 50 make up and drop Hate It Or Love It caliber records forever. And The Game gets back his talent, gets back on aftermath and gets on some old school Dre beats to make another classic album.

/The Game stan who's progressively lost hope since that piece of shit called L.A.X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom