• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOZLINK

As this year comes to a close, My favourite song of 2010 is probably Father time-lloyd banks. Don't really feel like justifying it, but i can have it play all year and not get sick of it. My personal opinion so don't jump on my nuts. Although this year was beyond amazing for hip hop

RJT

This needs to be said again, because someone somewhere might have missed it: Buy this!

Kno - Death is Silent
2398725955-1.jpg

Pretty much a perfect album. Do it, NOW!!!

Hootie said:
therealredman @RealWizKhalifa get at me lil bro

RealWizKhalifa @therealredman respect bossman. will do. check ur dm age

i will allow this

I've seen a couple of these types of posts, and man, twitter makes it seem so easy to get a song together with someone :lol

MMaRsu

RJT said:
This needs to be said again, because someone somewhere might have missed it: Buy this!

Kno - Death is Silent
2398725955-1.jpg

Wtf... I had that artwork on my pc like 10 years ago in wallpaper form.. THE FUCK?

Or at least something VERY similar to it..

RJT said:

Kno - Death is Silent
2398725955-1.jpg

This is too good it needs to be hyped even more.

Also Niggaz with Lattitude. Get them you fools, get them! =(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So.. did anyone figure out if Bangladesh got his dues from Cash Money or not? I'm still scratching my head at how 6'7' came about with them owing Bangladesh and other Carter III producers their royalties.

CRS

RJT said:

Kno - Death is Silent
2398725955-1.jpg

Agreed. It grew on me and might very well be my 2nd favorite hip-hop album now (after How I Got Over).

Does anyone know if it's still possible to get the Obituary Edition? I really want that poster and can't seem to find it for sale anywhere.

Tokubetsu

ShinobiFist said:
Is freaking good homie. The shit is insane.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. It literally blindsided me. Didn't expect to like it this much. Starkology is the only weak track on it. Every beat save that one is just on point. Ghett, Handcuffin' Them Hoes, 2getha Baby...

Kimosabae

Banned
I just can't get over the rapping in Death is Silent. It's so mediocre to me. Like its theme and a lot of the production though. I bump 'Death Has No Meaning' constantly.

RPS37

Kimosabae said:
I just can't get over the rapping in Death is Silent. It's so mediocre to me. Like its theme and a lot of the production though. I bump 'Death Has No Meaning' constantly.

Umm...what about the writing??

Kimosabae

Banned
RPS37 said:
Umm...what about the writing??

What do you mean? If you mean just the lyrics themselves, that's largely what I'm referring to. Lyrics-wise, the internalization and expression of the subject matter doesn't do it for me.

HiResDes

RPS37 said:
I think you guys probably slept on it...and I never actually downloaded it, just listened to a few tracks...but this video is totally interesting to me.
Curt@!N$ talks #KillerTape

Oh man I wrote it off because he always raps over recycled beats...But if the production sounds anything like what I heard in that video I'm going to love it. Also I've been on a huge Odd Future kick lately. I started listening to Mellowhype's YelloWhite and Earl Sweatshirt. I love everything these guys do. The new stuff and their old stuff.

Edit: In other news I'm still waiting on Niggaz With Latitude to get here. I have to stop myself from streaming it over and over so I won't get tired of it.

PBY

Banned
HiResDes said:
Oh man I wrote it off because he always raps over recycled beats...But if the production sounds anything like what I heard in that video I'm going to love it.
Didn't see the vid because I also only know about him from when he raps over old, overused beats and writes all over the single art. Nothing that I've heard from him stood out to me, is it worth the dl? Can't watch the vid atm...

Seems like someone says it on every other page, but god damn I can't wait for Ghostface to get the fuck off Def Jam so he can have more freedom. Every dope producer wants to work with him. I refuse to believe they don't because he can't afford good beats; so many great producers work with the most underground rappers. Appolo Kids is pretty good with some nice beats, although some are just smh status.

Go indie, go on a big tour, get some producer connects, do some feature verses...basically do what Raekwon has been doing all year.

HiResDes

SoulPlaya said:
Well, then, let what I posted continue it. Give it a listen.
The chick in the store sort of has Taylor Swift eyes, but is much sexier...Anyway, yeah dope track, besides the wack ass R&B chorus...I'm over that shit at this point.

LOZLINK

HiResDes said:
The chick in the store sort of has Taylor Swift eyes, but is much sexier...Anyway, yeah dope track, besides the wack ass R&B chorus...I'm over that shit at this point.
should we expect a shinobi-esque drunk rant soon :lol

HiResDes

20101222-FREESHABAZZ.jpg

Tracklisting
1. Antiquarian (prod: J57 /cuts: DJ Emoh Betta)
2. The Bullshit (prod: Jinesis) – P.So
3. Shouts to Common (prod: Reality) – Homeboy Sandman
4. Probability Bandits (prod: Falside) – Noah23
5. Don’t Stop (prod: Khrysis) – Chaundon
6. Cold Sores (prod: Dynamo414 /cuts: DJ Emoh Betta) – Ceschi
7. Herb Lunchauer – Soul Khan
8. Datura Stramonium – Kalae Allday & YC the Cynic
9. The Colors (prod: Maticulous /cuts: DJ Brace) – Audible Doctor
10. Give up the Ghost (prod: Time Crisis /cuts: DJ Emoh Betta) – Time Crisis
11. Guns N Roses (prod: Introspective Minds /cuts: Rain) – Moe Pope
12. Devil’s Bandit (prod: Falside) – Slaine
13. Destroy (prod: Jaz Infinite) – C-Rayz Walz
14. Make ‘Em Move (prod: Jinesis) – Fresh Daily
15. Eagle Eye (prod: Karniege) – Karniege
16. Kidnap Your Boyfriend (prod: Aaron Cormack) – George Watsky
17. Mr. Brown (prod: 2 Hungry Bros) – YC the Cynic
18. Sgt. Salty (prod: Hannibal King) – Sene
19. 3 Magic W’s (prod: Factor) – LMNO & Awol One
20. All Alone (prod: Jinesis) – Quesfire
21. City Life (prod: Zee Imports) – Kooley High

LINK

The Sene and YC the Cynic tracks are impeccable.

HiResDes

Kimosabae said:
How did Immortal Technique manage to not find himself on that complilation?

What a bum.
Does anybody know what he's up to these days...So many of his peers are getting back into the game one way or another.

Kimosabae

Banned
He's supposedly still working on The Middle Passage, but dude is so busy with philanthropy and guest-spotting underground acts, shit'll never come out at this rate.

I can't hate him for wanting to make a tangible difference in the world, but sometimes I wish he never became a rapper.

Release some fucking music already.

mooooose

PhoenixDark said:
Seems like someone says it on every other page, but god damn I can't wait for Ghostface to get the fuck off Def Jam so he can have more freedom. Every dope producer wants to work with him. I refuse to believe they don't because he can't afford good beats; so many great producers work with the most underground rappers. Appolo Kids is pretty good with some nice beats, although some are just smh status.

Go indie, go on a big tour, get some producer connects, do some feature verses...basically do what Raekwon has been doing all year.
I heard his contract was done and he was going to leave but he signed another. Which is where Wu Massacre, Apollo Kids, and his next two albums (Clientele 2 and Blue & Cream) will come out on. He probably got a decent contract for like 5 albums and is just shitting them out to get some cash.

JEKKI

I jus finished burning my christmas mix.

Deacon the Villain & Sheisty Khrist - NWL
DJ Premier - Get Used to Us
Qwel & Maker - Owl
Gangrene - Gutter Water
Big L - Return of Devil's Son
Ghostface - Apollo Kids
The Left - Gas Mask

what a beefy way to end the year o_O

Tokubetsu

JEKKI said:
I jus finished burning my christmas mix.

Deacon the Villain & Sheisty Khrist - NWL
DJ Premier - Get Used to Us
Qwel & Maker - Owl
Gangrene - Gutter Water
Big L - Return of Devil's Son
Ghostface - Apollo Kids
The Left - Gas Mask

what a beefy way to end the year o_O

Fucking love this album. Sawblade EP was good shit too. "Operation Room" is great. I can see why those cuts didn't make the album though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom