• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_l8o42eLAK81qa8ti8o1_400.gif

Drake: "I quit, I quit."

:lol

Recon

Banned
I just got word my girl got VIP tickets to Wiz Khalifa on Sept.28, apparently its a meet and greet thing, hopefully ill get some pics and shit.

Dreams-Visions said:
what the hell would make you think that's not what he said? that was pretty easy to read.
Because that's just not like Drake. He wouldn't say that in public. He's cocky, but not that cocky. And lip-reading can often prove to be wrong.

HiResDes

Koroshi said:
Because that's just not like Drake. He wouldn't say that in public. He's cocky, but not that cocky. And lip-reading can often prove to be wrong.
He actually says, "I knew it, I knew it." :lol...Maybe.

Koroshi said:
it looked like he was bantering with the guy sitting behind him. he may have been feeling himself a little bit. no reason to make it a big deal. it's just funny that he got caught.

PBY

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
it looked like he was bantering with the guy sitting behind him. he may have been feeling himself a little bit. no reason to make it a big deal. it's just funny that he got caught.
You don't have to be cocky to be kind of upset to be losing to a prepubescent teen star... Shit I'd be kinda pissed:lol

SoulPlaya

more money than God
PhoenixDark said:
Yea. Ghost doesn't seem to realize he's not owed anything, he has to work for it. Raekwon grinded, got the people on his side, and gave them what they wanted. So many producers want to work with Ghost, I don't see why he doesn't get the message. 9th works with so many broke ass underground rappers I doubt money has anything to do with it.
I don't think that's really fair to say. In the time span between CL1 and CL2, Ghost has put out farrrrrrr more quality work than Rae has. To somehow imply that Ghost is lazy is really unfair.

JEKKI

Q-Unique's new album came out last week and is on my pick-up list.

I didnt like his first solo record that much, but I really do like Arsonists so I'll definitely be checkin it out regardless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvafgIcFyvA

Tokubetsu said:
Videos for one of my favorite songs on one of my favorite albums this year :lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cCTbFqbbZE&feature=player_embedded
I've really been meaning to relisten to SAS's Deep Hearted, which I loved.

I was talkin to some guy about it this weekend, ever since I stopped buying CDs coz digi distribution made it so easy to obtain music and in very large amounts,

like I would listen to an album and heavy rotate it for a few months and be like this is the best record out this year.

then I'll never listen to it again -_-

I really needa dig into my MP3 archives soon.

m3k

its funny but thats just a reflection on the awards

i remember feeling annoyed when christina aguilera won it over macy grey... i was wtf is an artist who doesnt write their own shit

but you know eventually justin might do something credible

:lol

i dunno its bullshit

WHO votes for the MTV awards? Are they all fan voted?

I really don't care for either of them dudes. One would have to say that Bieber had the better performance last night though (Because Drake sucks live, for one thing) so maybe he earned it....:D

Tokubetsu

So Amazon (MP3) is having a deal where you can use the coupon "PICKDEAL" and get 3 dollars off any album released TODAY.

26kzE.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041A4MHW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Black Milk's "Album of the Year" is going for 5.99 right now so I managed to get it for 3 bucks. Just said fuck it even though I wasn't really planning on it. It's pretty good but this is how I always end up with BM records. I end up getting them anyway like when I heard his first album just trolling hiphopdx, then I got Tronic because of losing out and because I had a giftcard. Now this :lol

Jay Sosa

Finally got my Currensy album, perfect for the car but too many features and my god Snoop really should stop rapping, his verse is just awful. Other than that it's everything I expected, glad he delivered.

I absolutely love Vizzy Zone, only the remix of Mirrors Edge with Mike Posner is way worse than the original. I like Posner cause he seems like a cool guy and made some funny tracks (Drug Dealer Girl) but I can't stand his voice especially when he really tries to sing, with emphasis on tries. I hope that Vizzy puts the original version on the album and that those newer ones are just remixes for the club (that would explain the changed drums as well).

Roots album is brilliant too, I was a bit worried because of all the features but it doesn't drag the quality down a bit.

Bought Panacea's "Ink in my drink" as well but haven't listened to it so far.

Tokubetsu said:
So Amazon (MP3) is having a deal where you can use the coupon "PICKDEAL" and get 3 dollars off any album released TODAY.

I tried using it on an older album and it said success. I'm not seeing the three dollars applied to anything though, the price is still the same and it didn't add any credit to my account.

Tokubetsu

Tkawsome said:
I tried using it on an older album and it said success. I'm not seeing the three dollars applied to anything though, the price is still the same and it didn't add any credit to my account.

Well it's over now I believe.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
ReconYoda said:
I just got word my girl got VIP tickets to Wiz Khalifa on Sept.28, apparently its a meet and greet thing, hopefully ill get some pics and shit.

Hmmm...most likely it is backstage before the show. A bunch of people taking pictures and getting autographs. It is pretty cool for fans and you get a feel for who the artist is.

Depending on who gave your girl the VIP, I would wonder if they are expecting her to bring a dude with her, lol.

HiResDes

When Big Sean came to Cincinnati, my homies got to chill with him and they all went to a house party and smoked together...I decided to go visit this chick who shut me down pretty quickly.

Tokubetsu

Definitely think album of the year is Black Milk's strongest effort yet. It doesn't get quite as high as a couple songs on Tronic for me (Losing Out, Give The Drummer Sum and The Matrix) but it's WAY more consistent througout. I can put the whole album on loop.

MMaRsu

Tokubetsu said:
Definitely think album of the year is Black Milk's strongest effort yet. It doesn't get quite as high as a couple songs on Tronic for me (Losing Out, Give The Drummer Sum and The Matrix) but it's WAY more consistent througout. I can put the whole album on loop.

Need to give this a good listen.. Loved Tronic.

HiResDes said:
When Big Sean came to Cincinnati, my homies got to chill with him and they all went to a house party and smoked together...I decided to go visit this chick who shut me down pretty quickly.
Must be nice to be paid like a star for smoking weed all day and being a terrible rapper.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Forgotten Classic

Scarface - The Untouchable

Scarface_-_The_Untouchable.jpg

I've mentioned my love for this album before, but I thought I'd mention it again, because it deserves it.
Released after "The Diary", which many fans consider Scarface's best album, The Untouchable seems to get ignored when it comes to talk of classic albums. It also received some pretty lackluster reviews from some outlets.
But I love this album. It's a top 5 hip hop album ever for me. It can be argued some of his other album's have better songs, but none of them touch the overall strength of this one. From the slow building ominous intro, to the similar outro that bookends the whole thing, there isn't a single skippable track.

Dark, cruel, sinister. The album evokes so much atmosphere and yet every track feels distinct and unique. I imagine this is the soundtrack that plays in the head of the most badass gangster on earth.
Every track is great, but here are some of my favorites
Money Makes The World Go Round feat. Daz, Devin the Dude, and Big Mike

Southside

For Real

ya money or ya life
Dont want yoooo moneeeeey! I want yo liiiiiiife! God I love this song

Mary Jane
Single from the album, one of the best weed songs ever made

Smile feat. 2pac and Johnny P

Smartz feat. Devin the Dude

PBY

Banned
dont kill me here... but I've been listening to a lot of DJ Khaled's stuff lately:lol (mostly when I'm lifting)... and I think Nas kills every song hes done on Khaled's albums; I'm on and Victory are awesome tracks

Also, AOTY is really great, Royce kills it on deadly medley

HiResDes

Nobody talks much on here, but the usual suspects. Well until a big release comes around. Can't wait to see this place come late October, when Kanye's shit is about to drop.

soultron

Banned
Every girl from the age of 0 - 50 listens to Beebz. Drake can't say the same about his listenership. Can't be surprised by that.

Waiting for Death Is Silent. Been OD'ing on CunninLynguists every day for the past month, so I can't wait to hear more of Kno's flawless production.

Tokubetsu

HiResDes said:
Nobody talks much on here, but the usual suspects. Well until a big release comes around. Can't wait to see this place come late October, when Kanye's shit is about to drop.

It won't be that crazy because it has it's own thread/WILL have it's own thread. Kanye transcends GAF-Hop :lol

Death Is Silent is gonna be the bees knees. I splurged and got the ridiculous version. It feels good having some extra money coming in again! Shipping starts Oct. 8th so I'm hoping I get it early. Aside from that I'm definitely looking forward to Lost Tapes v2.

Whenever people talk about top/best Nas tracks, they always fail to mention this gem which I'd put up there with World Is Yours, NY State of Mind etc. :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avcBPgUBCJI

The beat is sublime and Nas' flow is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom