• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

DominoKid said:
oh come on I Feel Like Dying is nice. thats like the only good drugtrip song he made.

Yeah. If you've ever done your share of pks and syrups for purely recreational reasons its the jam. It stays on the down&out mix.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
kamspy said:
It took Wayne how many years to find his personal Robin? Also, never forget all that Squad Up garbage people listened through just to get to the Wayne parts.
Maybe Ross will get there, maybe not. But we were talking today, and there's no way I see Ross having surpassed Wayne in power before, or even having more power today. Makes better music though. I have faith in Carter IV though, even though it's nowhere near as high as the anticipation was for Carter III.

DominoKid said:
oh come on I Feel Like Dying is nice. thats like the only good drugtrip song he made.
I thought you were cool, man. :(

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
DominoKid said:
ran across this on NikeTalk

Apparently Freddie Gibbs is a fraud? This dude Ivoe was one of his homies from way back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zaqQLLaFi8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTkBFs7_d00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYakawS0JZE

who knows if its true or not, but its entertaining in a WSHH way lol.

You see this shit all the time with rappers. Half of it is probably true, the other half just some jealous ass acquaintance mad cause Gibbs fucked his girlfriend and is more famous than him. Besides, he makes great music, who gives a fuck. I still listen to Ross and he's a fraud.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Tbh, I love I Feel Like Dying.

It's so easy to relate to, and his approach was pretty creative.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
HiResDes said:
Not quite as believable as the Gillie/Lil Wayne ordeal, which I purport to be about 80 percent true.
Gillie Da Kid's debacle was my first "in" to the bullshit half of hip hop that you'd otherwise not know of. Or yeah, what you call WSHH. Embarrassing, really.

DominoKid

Gillie's the one Lil Wayne rumor I could never really get with. But then again I've never heard a single good Gillie song to make me believe he could write something good enough that somebody else would want it.

DominoKid said:
Gillie's the one Lil Wayne rumor I could never really get with. But then again I've never heard a single good Gillie song to make me believe he could write something good enough that somebody else would want it.
Exactly. If the shit was even half true, we would be getting some dope ass clone rhymes from homeboy, but it never happen. Just like dudes in the hood claiming they're fucking white chicks because they came thru with one...You know she works at Wendy's on the Lower east Side. And sh'es a light Puerto Rican fronting like she half Irish. You know she's lying, she can't even say "Pub" correctly. She should feel sorri for herself, just like Apple fans in the ear;y 2ks who could never understand how awesome it is to "Right Click" God bless u, you poor unguided souls who haven't found the greatness of FREEDOM. You guys must love China.

Esch

Banned
If Weezy died tomorrow i'd throw a haters party, no lie

hate that gremlin sounding metaphor cheesy ass warcraft character looking motherfucker.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
ShinobiFist said:
Exactly. If the shit was even half true, we would be getting some dope ass clone rhymes from homeboy, but it never happen. Just like dudes in the hood claiming they're fucking white chicks because they came thru with one...You know she works at Wendy's on the Lower east Side. And sh'es a light Puerto Rican fronting like she half Irish. You know she's lying, she can't even say "Pub" correctly. She should feel sorri for herself, just like Apple fans in the ear;y 2ks who could never understand how awesome it is to "Right Click" God bless u, you poor unguided souls who haven't found the greatness of FREEDOM. You guys must love China.

My head hurts from reading this... Can someone translate stupid for me?

overcast

I liked the marijuana video. It reminds me that Cudi needs to make a new "hip hop" album.

EschatonDX said:
hate that gremlin sounding metaphor cheesy ass warcraft character looking motherfucker.
Lol.

siddx

EschatonDX said:
If Weezy died tomorrow i'd throw a haters party, no lie

Bitch real G'z move in silence like Lasagna.

He does look like some kind of mythical creature. Like the predator fucked a goblin and then set the offspring on fire.

DominoKid said:
ran across this on NikeTalk

Apparently Freddie Gibbs is a fraud? This dude Ivoe was one of his homies from way back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zaqQLLaFi8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTkBFs7_d00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYakawS0JZE

who knows if its true or not, but its entertaining in a WSHH way lol.

----

also, cool 8-bit version of Black & Yellow

Damn, some shameless shit there. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Gibbs is making shit up. Dude is way too thugged out to be believable. He probably sold some bags here and there, and weed to white boys. Not that I care - dude sounds authentic regardless (like Ross) and is dope.

I can't imagine Gibbs doing much on the label. Dude will probably be out the door in a couple years, which is sad because he's dope. He'd fit in perfectly with Ross imo. They'd make some classic shit

ShinobiFist said:

This...

This is something, alright.

ShinobiFist said:

Post of the year

Rick Ross a touring power house just under kanye and jay-z? LMFAO somebody lied........

199 Rick Ross Newport Music Hall
Columbus, Ohio
Sept. 4, 2010
$6,248
126 /

1 /
$60, $42.50
PromoWest Productions

when he was at his hottest after bmf dropped......thats just one bad date though he was on the lil wayne tours, but he normally pulls maybe 1,000 people in major markets. He's not even touching wiz khalifa let alone Wayne, 50, jay-z, Kanye.

118 Wiz Khalifa, Yelawolf Opera House
Toronto, Ontario
Sept. 26, 2010
$56,456
2,630 /

1 /
$30.74, $20.98
The Union Ltd.

135 Wiz Khalifa Newport Music Hall
Columbus, Ohio
Sept. 28, 2010
$32,000
1,600 /

1 /
$25, $20
PromoWest Productions

118 50 Cent, David John, Skept & Boy Better Manchester Evening News Arena
Manchester, U.K.
March 25, 2010
$484,730
9,521 /

1 /
$52.25, $44.78
Geestar

DominoKid

ThePrivateCookie said:
Rick Ross a touring power house just under kanye and jay-z? LMFAO somebody lied........

Columbus, Ohio
Sept. 4, 2010
$6,248
126 /

1 /
$60, $42.50

PromoWest Productions

well there's your problem right there. aint nobody paying that much to see him.

IrishNinja

siddx said:
...some employees were deliberately trying to sabotage the gig in order to convince the owner to stick with reggaeton music ("look, nobody came out for techno, clearly we need to stay with reggaeton only!")

living in a building where this shit gets played everywhere - parking lot, the gym, wherever - this statement makes me weep.
the dudes listening to it are mostly alright, and the chicks dancing to it are often bangin'. still awful music.

Kimosabae said:
What is happening in that Shinobi post?

Is... is it poetry?

hahaha...i wanna hear it read by Tracey Morgan on Def Poetry Jam one day.

DominoKid said:
well there's your problem right there. aint nobody paying that much to see him.
it's 2011 & people still pay $50 to see 50 Cent live and he's not relevant, why wouldn't they pay $60 to see the "hottest" rapper in the streets? lol

JackEtc

siddx said:
Cypress Hill have so many great tracks. First three albums are all must owns. And IV is a great attempt at moving forward with their sound without abandoning what made them unique. Things get a little iffy after that. Skull and Bones was so so but overall disappointing. And Stoned Raiders had some really great tracks but just didn't feel like a cohesive album. Haven't given Till Death or Rise Up much of a listen but what I heard wasn't good.

Cypress Hill was hands down my favorite group from about 93-98
This best of collection is great. Possibly the best "Best Of" CD(s, there's two of them) I've heard, there's not one track I don't like in this collection, which isn't the case with a lot of "Best Of" CDs. I am LOVING Hits From the Bong, and Break 'Em Off Some.

Tokubetsu

JackEtc said:
This best of collection is great. Possibly the best "Best Of" CD(s, there's two of them) I've heard, there's not one track I don't like in this collection, which isn't the case with a lot of "Best Of" CDs. I am LOVING Hits From the Bong, and Break 'Em Off Some.

The Bone Thugs best of is also pretty good.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ThePrivateCookie said:

Columbus, Ohio
Sept. 4, 2010
$6,248
126 /

1 /
$60, $42.50
PromoWest Productions

when he was at his hottest after bmf dropped......thats just one bad date though he was on the lil wayne tours, but he normally pulls maybe 1,000 people in major markets. He's not even touching wiz khalifa let alone Wayne, 50, jay-z, Kanye.
Well yeah, thats what I said, 50/Wayne/Jay/Ye are in another league. Thats just obvious. And Wiz money all goes to papers and AmorAll for Amber's head, that shit don't come cheap. + the cut Atlantic gets. Using Columbus as a metric to compare to Wiz is some funny shit though. Let's see what he did in his London shows, probably considerably more than that. At the end of the day, I still think Ross is getting more money in his pocket in comparison to Wiz.

Who would you put inbetween Ross and Jay leagues anyways?

Jay Sosa

wiz aint broke hes just saying that so he doesnt have to pay that fat whore too much for child support. but i also think that you actually cant get that rich independently..why else would everyone sign with a major the first chance they get?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jay Sosa said:
wiz aint broke hes just saying that so he doesnt have to pay that fat whore too much for child support. but i also think that you actually cant get that rich independently..why else would everyone sign with a major the first chance they get?
Jay Sosa
(Today, 09:36 AM)
Reply | Quote

You also need the music to back it up though, of course.

Blackhead

Redarse
ShinobiFist said:
ldId4.gif

Esch

Banned
siddx said:
Bitch real G'z move in silence like Lasagna.

He does look like some kind of mythical creature. Like the predator fucked a goblin and then set the offspring on fire.

Seethat's the kind of shit i'm talking about. For every solid thing dude spits there's a million retarded, nonsensical verses he'll throw out there. He records too much and controls too little for quality. And then people think he's clever or something for off the wall nonsensical syrup ramblings. I seriously wouldn't give a fuck about dude if he didn't spawn tons of imitators, everyone in the south is copying his annoying gremlin steez and it's fucking unbearable.
Then there's the young money demonspawn of minaj and drake that weezy's building up.. straight garbage. I'm not even gonna talk about the fanbase dude's been building since CIII.... As someone who attends a school that recuits heavily from NOLA i think i'll just leave it at that.. I don't understand why real hip hop heads listen to anything this dude puts out. Yeah he has moments of clarity and can make a solid banger once in a while, no doubt. I just dont get why anyone would spend time sifting through his mountains of garbage.

And fuck Birdman too.

siddx

All the Wayne Stans I know are casual hip hop fans, the kind of people who only download what they hear in the club or playing on the local radio station.
Thats not to say there aren't some real hip hop heads that listen to him, different tastes and all, but yeah, I see the majority of his fanbase as people who listen to whatever hip hop the radio is playing.

And yes, far more annoying than Wayne, are his endless imitators. Half the mixtapes I download I end up deleting because the rapper is blatantly being a wayne clone, and not doing a good job at it.

FairyD

So a friend told me about Tyler, the Creator the goblin album. I picked it up on itunes yesterday and gave it a spin. Pleasantly surprised.

Anyone else check them out?

Esch

Banned
That's kind of why i found KRIT's album to be real refreshing... It actually sounded the way a southern rap album used to sound. Updated, not stale or anything, but had the same sort of sensibilities i'd feel from listening to UGK or something back in the day. I could use some more of that.

Double D

FairyD said:
So a friend told me about Tyler, the Creator the goblin album. I picked it up on itunes yesterday and gave it a spin. Pleasantly surprised.

Anyone else check them out?

You must be recovering from cabin fever.

HiResDes

EschatonDX said:
That's kind of why i found KRIT's album to be real refreshing... It actually sounded the way a southern rap album used to sound. Updated, not stale or anything, but had the same sort of sensibilities i'd feel from listening to UGK or something back in the day. I could use some more of that.
Rittz...Check out Rittz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom