• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hootie said:
what...the..fuck..?!

You have to be fucking kidding me CuDi. Just give us A Man Named Scott and GTFO.
Who says A Man* Named Scott won't sound like this shit. This isn't a problem exclusive to his next solo album, its a problem with CuDi not being able to have some quality control on a personal level, like siddx says he has.

All it takes is a blunt (Old CuDi) or someone he respects to come along and say yo that's dope and he'll roll with it. Too many rappers feel themselves too much, and don't scrutinize their own music enough. J. Cole is an example of someone, who for the most part, is afraid of putting stuff out that doesn't meet his own standards first.

Knux-Future said:
it's just like cool head....like almost beat for beat.

It's not that drastic of a change, honestly.
I liked Cool Head more...

Big Cudi fan. Big. I bought the deluxe MOMT2 lol.

I dig the production in MoTM1.

I dig the production in MoTM2.

Not certain that I'll like this rock effort. If the other tracks happen to tell me a "story" like his previous two albums, then Cudi will take my money again.

It may as well be a weak track. RevOfEv wasn't that strong and he released that for free. Maybe I'll like his other tracks more.

But for now, I'll be listening to V-Nasty...

It's not even completely rock anyway...Cool head was a bit better but it was the same "shit" that this song is getting bashed for...I don't get it, really. He's not really stepping out of his lane because he never really had an defined one in the first place. His first album and his second albums are drastically different and yet they had the same rock like feel as this song.

it is great? fuck no. The lyrics are ass ( I like the beat though....just me probably) and it feels a bit lazy but I don't see it as him stepping out of his lane.

Cudi is a different dude and this is just another level of that differentness.

PBY

Banned
I kinda... like the new Cudi track? Don't really like the chorus, but I'm def feeling the overall vibe. That said, old Cudi beats this shit by a mile

Knux-Future said:
It's not even completely rock anyway...Cool head was a bit better but it was the same "shit" that this song is getting bashed for...I don't get it, really. He's not really stepping out of his lane because he never really had an defined one in the first place. His first album and his second albums are drastically different and yet they had the same rock like feel as this song.

it is great? fuck no. The lyrics are ass ( I like the beat though....just me probably) and it feels a bit lazy but I don't see it as him stepping out of his lane.

You're right, actually. I agree with everything you said. This "sound" is not a new thing for Cudi and that's one reason why I initially welcomed news of him making a rock album with Dot Da Genius.

The lyrics are ass, and the production is mediocre (though later on it does get better). Also is the mixing even finished 100%?

The track was still labeled "Wizard", so maybe it is unfinished since that's not the band name anymore. Regardless of it being unfinished or not, I'm sure that wouldn't change anything major.

Maybe it needs a few more listens and I won't say "maybe it needs some weed in me to enjoy it" because I never had to light one up to enjoy Cudi's sound.

Recon

Banned
spindashing said:
Should be in the rapping bible: Never make a "new sounding" rock or electro album. Just don't do it. Leave it for the dudes who know what they're doing.

But, I remember hearing this song when it was called "Runaway." Cudi performed the acapella but I had no idea the actual product would sound so bad.

He did the acapella at the concert of his i went to. Totally forgot about the song.

Edit: I think i understand the split between him and plain pat a lot more now. Someone told him his shit was going in a wrong direction, Cudi drops him.

ReconYoda said:
He did the acapella at the concert of his i went to. Totally forgot about the song.
Damn, I must suck for remembering such a thing from a concert performance I watched on youtube several times.

/cudistan

Edit: Yeah, I feel that Cuddernese shit too. Hopefully he gives us a lyric sheet like he did with MoTM2.

overcast

His singing is fucking terrible in it. Beat isn't too bad. But I love you cudi, work on something real man. MOTM was so dope. 2 was alright.

Ellis Kim

Banned
siddx said:
I remember the album you are talking about but I deleted it and can't for the life of me remember the name. Sorry man.
darn :(

JEKKI said:
is it Game Over??

61oku7f8SIL._AA300_.jpg

u can find a digital copy of this record on emusic.

There's a part 2 also, but it's a little harder to find...
No, sorry, that's not it.

also is he even speaking english anymore...seriously I can make out one word...

the strings in the later part are godlike.

key to a good beat...add strings,IMO.

McNei1y

spindashing said:
Cudi, I might have the biggest man crush on you but this is pure asscheeks ontop of ass. My ears are fucking angry at me for listening to this shit. I would have a greater time listening to a white girl peeing into a can of ravioli.

I'm right there with you. wtf.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Knux-Future said:

I just listened to this again this morning.

I didn't like Cool Head either, wasn't as good as the rest of his body of work, so it was a bit disappointing. And we know CuDi had rock influences for a while, didn't he play guitar on songs in MotM2? And arguably, this is a step out of the lane because we can tangibly tell the difference between this new CuDi's reliance on the rock sound and old CuDi's. There's quite a difference in having a rock influence making rock songs. I can't bring myself to hate CuDi, but this is a step in the wrong direction, musically IMO.

hubes

cudi fell off. i don't even think i'll be checking out any of his new shit now after motm2 and this new track. MOTM1 was one of my favorite albums of the year, but MOTM2 being completely average after a great debut and all his verses he did with kanye were so bad he's not even worth checking anymore unless hes just doing a hook.

Double D

Kinda weird seeing "Vast Aire featuring Vordul Mega of Cannibal Ox", but that shit is hot, so they can call it whatever the fuck they want to.

New Cudi is hot shit too, but in the 'fresh out of a dog's ass' sense.

kamspy

Knux-Future said:
also is he even speaking english anymore...seriously I can make out one word...

the strings in the later part are godlike.

key to a good beat...add strings,IMO.
Nah. Claps make any beat good.

MickD

Vik_Vaughn said:

Haha, Ya I like it, but he's the best rapper at not doing too much with music, not excited about this new route.

Astronote – Weapon Of The Future LP (2011)
XVnfcl.jpg

http://astronote.bandcamp.com/album/weapon-of-the-future-lp

Tracklist said:
01. Weapon Of The Future
02. Book Of Life feat. Stahhr
03. Put It In The Air feat. Tug McRaw
04. Make Moves feat. Journalist 103 (The Left)
05. The Music Box feat. Magestik Legend
06. We Don’t Change feat. 4 Peace (Edo. G, Wyatt Jackson, Twice Thou & DQuest)
07. Keep It Live feat. Rasco
08. The Lost Verse feat. Finale
09. Toy Story (Clever) feat. T. Calmese
10. Big Trouble Little China feat. Magestik Legend
11. Satellite
12. Stop Recording feat. Dynas
13. Reminiscence
14. All feat. King Magnetic
15. Stellar feat. Jamall Bufford (Buff1)
16. Gun’s A Blaze feat. Trek Life
17. Past Present Future

OMG!! This album bangs! Fuck me.

General Monks (Planet Asia & TriState) Each Step Becomes Elevated (2011)
iJoCyl.jpg

Tracklist said:
01. Moors Code
02. Standing Ovation
03. Hand Blocks feat. Styliztik Jones
04. Front Runners
05. Bar Season
06. Kill Ya Self feat. Ras Kass, Killer Ben & Montage One
07. Keep It G
08. 1080p feat. Killa Kali & Rogue Venom
09. Shock Value
10. Trouble
11. Lip Service
12. We That Shit feat. Rogue Venom, Krondon & Phil The Agony

Forgot to post this album. I'll give it a spin sometime today, looking forward to it. To hyped to for that Waka Flocka mixtape.

BONUS

GH7Mx.jpg

Tracklist said:
01. DJ Kryptonite – The War’s On
02. King AL – Double Up, Let’s Get It
03. Mok Vurban – Just Smoke & Watch
04. S. Raw – Where Was I, When I Should’ve Been
05. DJ Kryptonite – Silencer Kit
06. God Sense – Call Swan Firearm
07. Tape Roc – Say No More
08. King AL – Stick Up Kids
09. Roc Marciano – MVG (Most Valuable Gunman)
10. Miedlev – The Shootout
11. Ryks – Caught A Body
12. Tape Roc – It Was All G Just A Week Ago
13. Kyo Itachi – To Be Continued

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/beats-bullets-soundtrack-to/id435386394#

Recon

Banned
spindashing said:
Some of the music he raps/sings to has rock influences and came out to be so much better than whatever that was.

I thank Rebirth for Drop the World, but that's just about it.

Also Lupe did the whole rock thing. That didn't work out either...

Lupe did it as a weird under the radar side project. Japanese Cartoon wasnt great, but its hardly the same thing as Kanye/Wayne/Cudi doing major projects like this.

kamspy

ReconYoda said:
Directed and Edited by Shia Labeouf...LOL.

It's not his first hip hop video. He's actually a hip hop head. Just because he gets more pussy then you and I can fathom doesn't mean you can go around LOLing his videos.

EDIT:

Acura Integurl makes a perfect last track for Nostalgia/Ultra. Goddam I say. Anyone know when the She video drops?

reKon

Banned
We need some more Jon Connor here. Dude spits hard as fuck and he has great flow, it's crazy. He ALWAYS kills it on ANY instrumental. I'm going to post a few of his songs. He's not in a position to blow up or anything, but it's always a joy to get new shit from him:

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2011/04/27/jon-connor-i-c-u-lookin/

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2011/05/31/jon-connor-reppin-4-flint/

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2011/04/20/jon-connor-hustlin-is-always-an-option/

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2011/05/11/jon-connor-the-heist-prod-elite/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToR5QaKIfjo - nice ass beat

DominoKid

Wiz done knocked Amber Rose up?

http://cdn.mediatakeout.com/48919/mto_world_exclusive_ambers_pregnant.html

MediaTakeOut.com just got word Amber Rose is officially pregnant.

How do we know? Well because Amber has approached TWO major media news outlets - asking them if they want the EXCLUSIVE story for their magazine.

And get this . . . Amber's asking to get PAID for the exclusive. Luckily for us, Both mags PASSED on paying Amber - and a staffer at one of them, leaked us the info.

Sorry you didn't get paid Amber. But congrats on the new baby.

I mean, I know it's hard to not want to nut all in this
20110513-AMBERROSE1.jpg

but if he did, he stuck w/ a fame whore forever. And all the drama that comes with it.

yitdadee08

Neo Member
reKon said:
We need some more Jon Connor here. Dude spits hard as fuck and he has great flow, it's crazy. He ALWAYS kills it on ANY instrumental. I'm going to post a few of his songs. He's not in a position to blow up or anything, but it's always a joy to get new shit from him:

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2011/04/27/jon-connor-i-c-u-lookin/

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2011/05/31/jon-connor-reppin-4-flint/

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2011/04/20/jon-connor-hustlin-is-always-an-option/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToR5QaKIfjo - nice ass beat

I've been meaning to get some of his material. Does somebody have a link to his first mixtape?

Recon

Banned
kamspy said:
It's not his first hip hop video. He's actually a hip hop head. Just because he gets more pussy then you and I can fathom doesn't mean you can go around LOLing his videos.

Lol.

Kimosabae

Banned
Vik_Vaughn said:
Kinda weird seeing "Vast Aire featuring Vordul Mega of Cannibal Ox", but that shit is hot, so they can call it whatever the fuck they want to.

Word. Makes no sense.

Is that a track of Vast's recently released album? Where is that from?

*edit*

Yeah, it is.

DominoKid said:
20110513-AMBERROSE1.jpg

but if he did, he stuck w/ a fame whore forever. And all the drama that comes with it.
You have to give her props, she's one smart women. Why not go after a kid who's about to blow up? Jizz-Khalifa never got some grade-a, lvl.3 gouku/ super magnus pussy before. And she knew that. Amber, you go get that publishing money. Make sure to make his ass not to get a prenup, gurlllllll.
tyra_hair_flip_390_288.gif

"Phfftttt....You know it"

Whoever knocked up Amber Rose lost. Selling news of your pregnancy to mags? fuckouttahere

Shoulda been rolling up them rubbers instead of joints, Wiz

Kimosabae

Banned
Okay, there's a track called "The Cannon of Samus" on Vast Aire's ' A Street Odyssey'.

So bought.

I can't believe he put his Cage diss from fucking 2009 on there though. Sad.

TheOddOne

PhoenixDark said:
Whoever knocked up Amber Rose lost. Selling news of your pregnancy to mags? fuckouttahere

Shoulda been rolling up them rubbers instead of joints, Wiz
Bigger story here is that Wiz is broke as fuck and he aint paying for Rose's shoes.

Tokubetsu

ShinobiFist said:
You have to give her props, she's one smart women. Why not go after a kid who's about to blow up? Jizz-Khalifa never got some grade-a, lvl.3 gouku/ super magnus pussy before. And she knew that. Amber, you go get that publishing money. Make sure to make his ass not to get a prenup, gurlllllll.
know it"[/QUOTE]

I knew you would agree. She's playing her cards smart. She's a groupie ho and she knows it. If it wasn't for Ye she'd be still stripping in Texas or wherever the fuck he found her.

He spends thousands on weed weekly right. Maybe that's the culprit, alongside whatever other crazy shit he wastes cash on. smh if that's true.

Hard to believe Rose would let a loser dick her up though. Why go from Kanye to a semi-broke brotha. Hell if that's the case, she can come sit on my dick too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom