• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3k

OttomanScribe said:
Get your hands off her, she's my second wife.

honestly watching the first video makes her look annoying as shit

shes one of those chicks who (looks like she) gets beaten on in a neighbourhood

m3k said:
honestly watching the first video makes her look annoying as shit
What is more attractive than an ugly white girl saying 'nigga' over and over again? Annoying? You so crazy.

I'm in the club on an elephant.

WhiteGirlSwag.gif

Kimosabae

Banned
A woman can have respectable phenotypical features and be ugly. Vnasty epitomizes that phenomenon. The way she carries herself is truly repulsive. Just looking at her talk makes me think of halitosis. I've never hit a woman in my life. I don't condone hitting women. But when I see that girl's face I have an overmastering urge to sucker punch her, Lil B style.

Real talk.

coldvein

Banned
so, here's a situation i was in the other day.. i work with this dj/rapper kid, and generally like his taste in hiphop..we've just met thru work, and talk a bunch of rap shit all the time..what made me STOP talking to him was when he (he's white) told me he thought eminem was a derivitive bullshit mc. like "cage was doing that shit way before, so and so was doing that shit way before and doing it better..".. i just kinda shook my head and ended the conversation. advice, rap gaf? am i in the wrong?

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
coldvein said:
so, here's a situation i was in the other day.. i work with this dj/rapper kid, and generally like his taste in hiphop..we've just met thru work, and talk a bunch of rap shit all the time..what made me STOP talking to him was when he (he's white) told me he thought eminem was a derivitive bullshit mc. like "cage was doing that shit way before, so and so was doing that shit way before and doing it better..".. i just kinda shook my head and ended the conversation. advice, rap gaf? am i in the wrong?

Seems like a petty thing to stop talking to someone about.
If I stopped talking to people based on their music tastes I'd leave this thread and never come back. There isn't a single poster in here who doesn't have at least one opinion about music I find insane.

Besides, I have heard that expressed a lot. I mean thats what cage got so butthurt about in the first place, thinking Eminem stole his style. And Ra the rugged man won't shut the fuck up about it, he's spent the last 12 years bitching about it to everyone within earshot that he was doing eminem before eminem, while pretending it doesn't bother him.

Kimosabae

Banned
coldvein said:

Your response seems extreme. Eminem being derivative of Cage seems like an innocent enough opinion have, though veritably wrong. What are his reasons?

Also, I'm glad you're back. I've been wanting thank you for putting me on to P.O.S. "Never Better" is some the best shit I've heard in a long time.

siddx

The V-nasty/Kreayshawn thing is just idiocy. Gucci Gucci is a decently catchy song with a great beat and worthless lyrics, but everything else these two put out has been complete garbage. HHgaf just likes to be weird as fuck sometimes and jump on selfmade bandwagons, even if those bandwagons are covered in horseshit and on fire.

siddx said:
The V-nasty/Kreayshawn thing is just idiocy. Gucci Gucci is a decently catchy song with a great beat and worthless lyrics, but everything else these two put out has been complete garbage. HHgaf just likes to be weird as fuck sometimes and jump on selfmade bandwagons, even if those bandwagons are covered in horseshit and on fire.
Haha...

coldvein

Banned
Kimosabae said:
Your response seems extreme. Eminem being derivative of Cage seems like an innocent enough opinion have, though veritably wrong. What are his reasons?

Also, I'm glad you're back. I've been wanting thank you for putting me on to P.O.S. "Never Better" is some the best shit I've heard in a long time.

first, thanks man. good to be back. month long ban HURTS. and i'm glad you dig never better..cuz really, to me, it's the most rockin rap album in for-fucking-ever. where do you live? when POS + doomtree come thru yr city, it's a must MUST see., i promise.

as for my co-worker.. i didn't really shut him off like "fuck you dumbass", it was just more of me changing the conversation to some shit we could agree on. and RA the rugged man was totally a rapper that he brought up. and used to discount anything/everything that eminem has done. i was just like "fuck that dude. let's talk about food or some shit".

TheOddOne

siddx said:
Dawg, your my other brother from another mother.

Preach brother PREACH

anim_preacher.gif

siddx said:

Oh whoa, lol. I just love V-Nasty, let me live! I have a thing for hood-rat chicks.

siddx said:
Never heard Gucci Gucci before, god damn, that beat is good. That girl though... ehhhh.

coldvein

Banned
im gonna talk for two more seconds on this, pardon me..

but does rap-gaf consider eminem to be (and i quote) a "derivative" lyricist? was eminem done before he even existed? was he biting cats like cage, RA the rugged man, etc?

just wondering.

Throavium

coldvein said:

but does rap-gaf consider eminem to be (and i quote) a "derivative" lyricist? was eminem done before he even existed? was he biting cats like cage, RA the rugged man, etc?

just wondering.

I really don't understand this claim, Cage is dope, but Eminem was making music in 1996.

Esch

Banned
everyones derivative of something

it's how you put together the music that counts, and eminem's early shit smashes anything those dudes have ever done, period..

coldvein

Banned
Throavium said:
I really don't understand this claim, Cage is dope, but Eminem was making music in 1996.

it was a real claim made to me by some kid who wanted to look like he knew what he was talking about.

siddx

ShinobiFist said:
Oh whoa, lol. I just love V-Nasty, let me live! I have a thing for hood-rat chicks.

I could understand Kreayshawn, but V-Nasty looks like the V stands for venereal disease. She reminds me of this trailer trash girl I used to know that sucked dick in the gravel pit for oxy's in high school and ended up hooked on meth years later.

coldvein said:

just wondering.

The claim has been around since Eminem blew up. A lot of white rappers were awfully bitter that he managed to become the biggest rapper in the world for a while, while they were still doing shows for 40 people. Ra was the biggest disappointment for me, I always thought he was dope but when he started whining like a jealous bitch in every interview, it made me respect him a lot less. Cage is just cage, I expected it from him because that was always the personality he portrayed, a talented but obnoxious dickwad. Plus after his last album, cage has a hell of a lot to make up for.
Was Em being done before Em? To a smaller degree perhaps, angry exaggerated shock rap was pretty common in the underground rap scene in the mid to late 90's, but eminem did it with more humor, and in a far more clever and skillful way than anyone before him.
In the end what does it matter, em ended up a shell of his former self, cage is praying cudi's bipolar ass doesn't get bored with him, and Ra is still irrelevant to all but a small portion of diehard fans. Everybody loses in the end.

coldvein said:

just wondering.
Battle rapper that can't make tracks. That's Em. People need to understand the mindset of NY rappers back then. If you sound like someone, they're going to call you out on it, or even make it very personal. Shit, look at the Rae/Ghost beef with B.I.G. Back to Em, never liked him, never will. Thanks to his rants about Kim...After all this years, Em still can't stop making tracks about Kim.....

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Just heard Gucci Gucci for the first time. It's like... pure cooking music. I like her.

Fuck V-Nasty though. She's going to end up getting the shit slapped out of her. All that "nigga, nigga" is going to come back around.

siddx said:
There isn't a single poster in here who doesn't have at least one opinion about music I find insane.

For me, that's what make GAF-Hop so awesome. I like that we all love music, but not the same music.

I always have an opportunity to broaden my horizons. Some shit I twist my mind trying to understand, to no avail, but I try appreciate how broad the range is.

siddx said:
I could understand Kreayshawn, but V-Nasty looks like the V stands for venereal disease. She reminds me of this trailer trash girl I used to know that sucked dick in the gravel pit for oxy's in high school and ended up hooked on meth years later.
Hell no! She looks like she could run for "Lilttle Ms. Fredrick Douglas Projects" Queen. And her swag, is crazy. Just like my insane Rican chicks in the Bronx....So much love...

K.Jack said:
Just heard Gucci Gucci for the first time. It's like... pure cooking music. I like her.

Fuck V-Nasty though. She's going to end up getting the shit slapped out of her. All that "nigga, nigga" is going to come back around.

For me, that's what make GAF-Hop so awesome. I like that we all love music, but not the same music.

I always have an opportunity to broaden my horizons. Some shit I twist my mind trying to understand, to no avail, but I try appreciate how broad the range is.

That already happen more then once. She's the actual hood one from the crew.

siddx

Kimosabae said:
Wait a minute... I'm pretty sure one of those guys is filthy fucking rich.

Yeah except he can't stop bitching about it lol
That was the moment I stopped liking Em as much. I consider him one of the greats, love his first three albums, and actually have enjoyed stuff from the other albums, but the endless bitching about being rich and famous makes me want to stab him. Boo hoo you can't go out and eat at taco bell without people coming up to you. So build a fucking taco bell at your mansion then.

K.Jack said:

Is there much love for Aussie hip hop here?

Esch

Banned
i mean em's a whiny bitch and he's been on that same shit but he's not a battle rapper that can't make tracks. i don't even know how you can say that. you been listening to bad meets evil tracks and mix up royce and em? I ain't even a stan. I just have no idea how you could say that shit after having listened to the best of his catalogue.

both of these cali bitches are cumbuckets, tbh.

Tokubetsu

Let's all kiss and make up guys. Maybe play some SOR2 co-op and get the teamwork flowing again.

At least we can all agree that Nas lost the war.

Tokubetsu

K.Jack said:
Not yet.

Bring some to the table.

Every few months someone brings this up. Someone even made a thread awhile back. I posted in it and showed it some love. I love M-Phazes and own that album he dropped last year? two years ago?

The back and forth verses on the Bad Meets Evil EP are so good. Nothing better then when you really tell artists worked together to make verses.

Kimosabae

Banned
coldvein said:
first, thanks man. good to be back. month long ban HURTS. and i'm glad you dig never better..cuz really, to me, it's the most rockin rap album in for-fucking-ever. where do you live? when POS + doomtree come thru yr city, it's a must MUST see., i promise.

For sure. Doomtree definitely seems like they'd be more hype live than most other rap acts. I live in FLA, however, which seems to be the kryptonite of the talented rap community.

illadelph

Yeah, true "collaborations" are getting increasingly rare. Rappers just e-mail beats to each other and you end up with three verses and a hook that don't belong together at all tied together by some shitty beat.

coldvein

Banned
ShinobiFist said:
Battle rapper that can't make tracks. That's Em. People need to understand the mindset of NY rappers back then. If you sound like someone, they're going to call you out on it, or even make it very personal. Shit, look at the Rae/Ghost beef with B.I.G. Back to Em, never liked him, never will. Thanks to his rants about Kim...After all this years, Em still can't stop making tracks about Kim.....

okay, so just to clarify, what do you mean when you say he "can't make tracks" ?
to me, he's one of the more fun and entertaining storytellers that hiphop has seen. and i could list "tracks". if you want.

coldvein

Banned
Kimosabae said:
For sure. Doomtree definitely seems like they'd be more hype live than most other rap acts. I live in FLA, however, which seems to be the kryptonite of the talented rap community.

bummer. doomtree is kind of a beast of the midwest/west USA. highly doubt they will ever arrive in florida. which sucks. POS banging out beats live on the MPC, playing guitar riffs live over it, looping it all together and then screaming lyrics? fucking best show ever. (x22).

EDIT: seriously, who does that? any of these mixtape fools? kanye? yeezy? weezy? where hiphop is contraposed ON STAGE LIVE with serious musicianship..that's the shit right there.

Beezy

siddx said:
Anyone have an instrumental for this?

Recon

Banned
ShinobiFist said:

Ahaha, thats rich. Em made a ton of great tracks. Ill ever understand the Kim complaint. Earlier albums had more references to her, but nowadays its maybe a throw away line in one song. He is definitely a shell of his former self, but ill take that over Tyler,Gucci, Flocka, and whatever diseased white trash female "rapper" you guys are promoting nowadays,

coldvein

Banned
The House of Gucci, better known simply as Gucci (Italian pronunciation: [ˈɡuttʃi]), is an Italian fashion and leather goods label, part of the Gucci Group, which is owned by French company PPR.[1] Gucci was founded by Guccio Gucci in Florence in 1921.

it's fucking ridiculous to me that this word is part of our vernacular as fans of hiphop. this is french/italian fashion nugget bullshit. any rapper that associates his name with it, or names a song after it, is instantly worthless. in my opinion. just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom