• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

20110602-TA1.jpg
20110602-TA2.jpg

DOWNLOAD NOW

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
HiResDes said:
Blasting Ric Flair while swerving around traffic is one of the most rewarding gifts a hip-hop album has ever granted me.

Killer Mike tweeted yesterday that Ric Flair has agreed to do the video. That is going to be something nice.

Neogaf very own, and one of my best friends, Soundahfekz just produce a track for Stretch Money. Stretch Money made a video off the beat and submitted to WSHH. Video has over 12000+ views since it was uploaded on June 4, 2010. 10+ years of hard work is paying off for Fekz.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Chauncy Talon said:
Neogaf very own, and one of my best friends, Soundahfekz just produce a track for Stretch Money. Stretch Money made a video off the beat and submitted to WSHH. Video has over 12000+ views since it was uploaded on June 4, 2010. 10+ years of hard work is paying off for Fekz.

That song is jamming. I played it a few times yesterday on WSHH. Actually it is in one of my open tabs right now.

Here is he mixtape with that song on it. http://www.datpiff.com/Stretch-Money-Smoke-One-mixtape.211158.html

Recon

Banned
effzee said:
The intro to Hell the Sequel is so so good. Lighters and I'm On Everything don't belong on the cd.

Welcome to Hell, Take from Me, and Loud Noises are the stand out tracks IMO.

HiResDes said:
Maybe I'm just a guy that listens to a lot of music obsessively...And likes to share
cool lol Another reason why I was asking is because most of the sites I go to, to download mixtapes don't have about 95% of the tapes you post lol.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Cameo Kings II was an awesome purchase.

I just burned through the whole thing front to back, and didn't hear a song I didn't like.

Check it out.

kamspy

ReconYoda said:
Lol. So you hate a crowd with white people then...cool. Not sure what that comment was suppose to mean.

Nah, I'm just scared everyone at the Lupe show is gonna be wearing shades in a dark venue bumping into everyone and shit. Easy way to roll an ankle.

effzee

kamspy said:
Nah, I'm just scared everyone at the Lupe show is gonna be wearing shades in a dark venue bumping into everyone and shit. Easy way to roll an ankle.

Last Lupe show I went to the kids were shitting on the likes of Waka and Soulja Boi so yes it could be a dangerous place.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
HiResDes said:
You've never listened to Ayomari nor TiRon...: (

...Astounding
I've listened to TiRon, it's more of that stuff?

*clicks download link and sees title* Oh now that would make much more sense. Downloading.

I'm just trying to promote my best friend as much as I can. Man is a genius. I remember when he ruled mp3.com hip hop charts. He had a #1 beat for a few days and he had 4 beats battle in the top 5.

kamspy

effzee said:
Last Lupe show I went to the kids were shitting on the likes of Waka and Soulja Boi so yes it could be a dangerous place.

Dangerous for who? The hipster terrorist kids?

The soundefekts joint though, that's banging. Reminds me more of Styles and Jada than Clipse.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Unconditional said:
Is there gonna be a new thread coming up?
When we hit 200 pages/20k posts.

Whoever makes it should make an awesome OP. Yes many people don't read OPs, but for those that do there should be a comprehensive list of recommendations and say a wrap up of the 2010 awards and more.

Like party music? Check out x so far in the year.
Like some soulful southern stuff? Check out y so far in the year, etc.

IrishNinja

ezno's right. if res doesnt do it, OP better put his mixtape review up in there.
i liked the last one just for toku's banner work & superior thread name.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Finally got around to listening to Pl3dge, figured it would be another case of gaf overhype but it's actually quite good. Some junk on there (Animal is some generic ass shit, and everything and swimming don't appeal to me at all) but everything else ranges from solid to fuckawesome.

That Tiron tape is nice too, starts strong but get a little dull as it goes on, but it's still nice to have more music from him.

CRS

HiResDes said:
Finally, the explicit version. Thanks.
enzo_gt said:
When we hit 200 pages/20k posts.

Whoever makes it should make an awesome OP. Yes many people don't read OPs, but for those that do there should be a comprehensive list of recommendations and say a wrap up of the 2010 awards and more.

Like party music? Check out x so far in the year.
Like some soulful southern stuff? Check out y so far in the year, etc.
Something like this? Doesn't need to have that much info though. Just a guideline.
ChldRebelSoldr said:
It should also have a GAF-Hop Guide to Hip-Hop. It could have a list of "must listen to" albums, some of GAF-Hop's favorite artists/albums, and "if you like this artist listen to this artist" sorta deal. Would help with people asking they should listen to.

An example:

GAF-Hop's 2010 Albums of the Year

HiResDes' 2011 Monthly Mixtape Round-Ups:

GAF-Hop's Favorite Albums and/or Artists
  • HiResDes
    • Album/Artist 1
    • Album/Artist 2
    • Album/Artist 3
  • siddx
    • Album/Artist 1
    • Album/Artist 2
    • Album/Artist 3

Artists
  • <Artist>
    Sub-Genre: <Sub-Genre>
    Recommended Albums:
    • Album 1
    • Album 2
    Notable Songs:
    • Song 1
    • Song 2
    Similar artists:
    • Artist 1
    • Artist 2

Must Listen To Albums
  • Album 1
  • Album 2
  • Album 3

kamspy

siddx said:
Finally got around to listening to Pl3dge, figured it would be another case of gaf overhype but it's actually quite good. Some junk on there (Animal is some generic ass shit, and everything and swimming don't appeal to me at all) but everything else ranges from solid to fuckawesome.

That Tiron tape is nice too, starts strong but get a little dull as it goes on, but it's still nice to have more music from him.

Yeah, there's some obvious filler trying for the radio, but I can forgive it because the rest is so damn good.

TheOddOne

DominoKid said:
well yeah. but what tracks specifically.

the Maino one sounds a lot like Live Your Life, but that's the only one I can place
I can't remember the name, but there was a beat type that he used for both the Young Gunz and Freeway. Some stuff for did for The Diplomats sounded like he jacked his own sound, but barely changed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom