• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

ReconYoda said:
FUck 2Pack

every now and then, my boy (huge pac stan) gets me to say this when we do the old-ass biggie vs pac as GOAT argument... then i go home, listen to some shit like All eyez on me and realize what foolishness i was talking.

Hootie

ReconYoda said:
FUck 2Pack

OwjHh.png

IrishNinja

poe's law...with this thread, you never know man.

phoenix's thread is worth it just to see papoose clown on TS. if i ever meet khaled in a club here, im gonna remind him he's garbage with his hands.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
IrishNinja said:
^excellent as always, res. good looks man, and just when i was working on my backlog too .____.

GAF-HOP that's somehow not on IRC right now: what's your favorite Redman album? going through a reggie kick, realized i need more than just Dare iz a darkside in my life.
Muddy Waters by a landslide.

Alpha-Bromega said:
you're not allowed to call your own raps classic, but those bars are nice

related Q: Is Killa Mike's verse on Snappin' and Trappin' actually a classic?

drill yo heffa like black and decka

m3k

HiResDes said:
Jay-Z did

jay z got his mum to tell everyone how great he was on his own cd lol

hey i know its not hiphop but i just listened to the weekends cd and i like it, so thanks hiphop gaf for mentioning him... havent bothered with rnb for a long ass time

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
cacophony said:
http://kanyewest.com/

Monster vid officially released? am i late on this
Oh fuck you know what this means, he's done editing the Monster video now, which means in about a year from now he'll be done editing the SXSW performance, and then 3 years from now he'll be done editing the GOOD Music @ NYC event. And then he'll spend another year on his new fashion line. But still dope, dope video and final cut.

..now don't you resurface unless your holding WTT.

IrishNinja

GAF-HOP IRC was class tonight, ya'll should bookmark it for when OT shuts down next week...or you join the steam group or something.

m3k said:
jay z got his mum to tell everyone how great he was on his own cd lol

hey i know its not hiphop but i just listened to the weekends cd and i like it, so thanks hiphop gaf for mentioning him... havent bothered with rnb for a long ass time

Mmm it's good shit. Have you heard Frank Ocean's mixtape? Similar kind of stuff.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
My post from the Gathering of the Juggalos thread.. look at this lineup:

DJ Quik is going to be there? What the fuck? (they spelled it DJ Quick lol).
Juvenile too?!
Real ass Juggalo homie Mystikal?!?!
George Clinton?!
MC Hammer?!
Tech N9ne?
E40?
Vanilla Ice?
Xzibit?
ICE CUBE?
BUSTA RHYMES?

I kind of want to go now. What the fuck is this?!

what is this i don't even what

DominoKid

GrapeApes said:
I would doubt it. But I think we can agree Birdman is horrible. I've never met anyone who is an admitted Birdman fan.

ay playboi. when you get summadem paypuh plates, come and holla at me

nah, he's one of my favorite rappers to rap along with cause he says some outlandish shit.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
EschatonDX said:
no lineup is really worth being around that many juggalos

It's not like the crowd at most hip hop shows are any better. Bunch of fake thugs and wannabe gangstas.

kamspy said:
I would go. Juggallos are pretty hospitable actually and the set list looks good.

Yeah and it's surprising how "chill" a lot of juggalos are. A fair share of dumbfuck white trash fans of course, but a lot of em just want to have fun. Certainly more willing to enjoy the music and have a good time than those dudes that go to your average hip hop concert and just stand there with their arms crossed trying to look hard but instead end up looking constipated.

nns3d

I dunno, I remember coming across a video of Meth and Redman performing at one of the Juggalo Gatherings and they got heckled. Those conventions don't look like the most fun for me, but then again I'm only going off of what I remember from that GAF thread about it.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Afrocentric-Asian said:
I dunno, I remember coming across a video of Meth and Redman performing at one of the Juggalo Gatherings and they got heckled. Those conventions don't look like the most fun for me, but then again I'm only going off of what I remember from that GAF thread about it.

Yeah, I read an interview with Redman talking about the experience and was less than positive about it.

The pics show the most extreme portion of the crowd. But from everything I have read, the entire crowd is "alternative" and those few hecklers/rowdy people will destroy the good time for everyone. Remember this is the same crowd that was throwing glass bottles, rocks, and human shit at Tila Tequila. Not that she is some great talent, but it shows you what that crowd is capable of. It only takes a handful of knuckleheads to detroy a good time and in that crowd the knuckleheads are celebrated. There is no way in hell I would be at that show.

George Clinton is the one that I am tripping on. Can't see how he would fit in with that crowd. Hell, I don't see how Busta will fit in either.

With all that said, ICP are some master marketeers. They don't sell anything but merchandise. They have a loyal following and they cater to them exclusively. Fuck trying something new, just keep it Jugg.

IrishNinja

yeah, even that christian spin they put on shit didnt bury them, that's some deep marketing there.

heckling meth and red? idve started a fight. surprised meth didnt, he beat a dude's ass at rock the bells one year when someone in the front crowd yelled "fuck ODB", that was classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom