• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
dskillzhtown said:
You just now hearing about this? He has been trying to milk it for atleast a year. Doing interviews, trying to get a tv series like T.I. None of that worked. Last week he was talking about how he has no beef with 50 anymore. They let him finish his album before he had to go in though.

I try not to pay attention to anything related to Ja Rule lol

PhoenixDark said:
Someone explain the mindset of a rapper driving around with illegal guns or drugs in his expensive car. Is it some type of power trip shit, where they drive real slow mean mugging the cops assuming they won't be pulled over because they're under the speed limit? Or is it just retards being retards.

Ja Rule, TI, etc don't need to buss they guns. Hell they probably didn't buss them back in the day either. If I was a rapper I'd be too focused on fucking bitches and saving my money to do dumb shit like that. smh

I dont get it either. If you can afford a maybach, you can afford a bodyguard who is licensed to carry a gun and protect your ass. And like you said, these rappers aren't going to shoot a fucking thing besides themselves on accident.

In a lot of cases, I think it's just stupid and ignorant people acting like stupid and ignorant people. Give anyone who is undereducated and sometimes poorly raised a lot of money and attention, and regardless of their race or what kind of music they make, 9 times outta 10 they are going to act like fucking idiots. It's unfortunate that talent, intelligence, and common sense aren't all linked attributes.

siddx

If I were to create a panel of hip hop stars to be ambassadors to the rest of society, Ice T would be one of it's members.

Who else would we put on this committee? Bun B? Chuck D?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
siddx said:
If I were to create a panel of hip hop stars to be ambassadors to the rest of society, Ice T would be one of it's members.

Bun B for sure. Big Boi as well.

Slizz

bigseansomuchmore.jpg

Big Sean - So Much More

HOT ASS track.

Threi

notag
siddx said:

Cam'Ron

siddx

Ice T, Bun C, Chuck D, Ice Cube, Big Boi...
I think one of the old school guys, I'm trying to remember which one it was, Caz, Flash, or Bambata, that always sounds very intelligent and thoughtful in interviews and is a big supporter of hip hop still (while a lot of the other old school originators act bitter about no longer being relevant to the masses).

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Lmao illegal pistol in your Maybach. When keeping it real goes wrong.
RBelong2Us said:
MFDoom just added to Rock the Bells lineup.
Chances he shows up?

P.S. - just remember, ALL CAPS

Detox

OttomanScribe said:
People rob tourists in the US? In Aus not so much. Guess we have more organised crime?
I don't know, I just assumed some of the places e.g. the projects where hiphop originated must still be considered dangerous. Not sure if one of the US guys could comment.

CRS

K.Jack said:
Chances he shows up?

P.S. - just remember, ALL CAPS
I give it a 50% chance that he actually shows up. Didn't he send an impostor last time he was at Rock the Bells? I really hope he's over that impostor bullshit. I think he even sent an impostor to a Gorillaz show last year in Paris.

Detox said:
I don't know, I just assumed some of the places e.g. the projects where hiphop originated must still be considered dangerous. Not sure if one of the US guys could comment.
Well, I'm from Harlem and I have friends all over the City, especially QB. New York City as a whole is fine. Even the dangerous spots. Just don't floss expensive shit, and go there late at night(That could be said about any urban area in the world)If anyone from GAF is coming to the City, let me know.

mileS

derp nevermind somebody posted a thread on lupe 1 minute after my post. It's for the best that shit stays out of here anyway.

Kaizer

Banned
enzo_gt said:
Kanye talks No I.D. and Big Sean at the Finally Famous listening party. Credits No I.D. For helping him get out of Chicago, not getting Sean dropped and giving him a shot. Ye's completely right on the GOOD Fridays bit, Sean stepped up to the plate and made sure he left an impact on those songs.

I apologize if I'm a little bit late, I had a throne to watch and shit.
Pretty dope. No I.D. is an awesome producer and he really has been the backbone for alot of projects in hip-hop. I know a lot of people here aren't particularly fond of Big Sean, but I gotta say I'm pumped to hear this album. He may not be the greatest rapper in the world, but with No I.D. behind the boards I can't help but be stoked.

HiResDes said:
Confession: I thought the Darkside Volume 1 was quite solid
It was a good album. I'm Gone with Premo got played like 100 times.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
siddx said:

Living Pac and to a much lesser extent Young Guru and Just Blaze. Certainly more than Big Boi, don't know why he's on the list at all really.

That new Fat Joe is aight. Me, Myself & I was the last Joey I ever listened to and he's one of those rappers I've "had my fill" of. But DAMN that Big Sean is fire, you sir have earned yourself a piece of my time, what's the best Big Sean tape to check out?

Also, I was thinking today about how underrated this album was:

YoungDroBestThangSmokin.jpg

The fuck happened to you, Dro?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thanks, will check it out.

Also, we need to get crackin' on that new GAF-Hop thread, only 250 Flocka love and Nas hate posts left. What's the plan? I'm willing to help in some shape or form.

LOZLINK

enzo_gt said:
Thanks, will check it out.

Also, we need to get crackin' on that new GAF-Hop thread, only 250 Flocka love and Nas hate posts left. What's the plan? I'm willing to help in some shape or form.
Flocka and gucci are a better combo than Raekwon and Ghost

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
enzo_gt said:
Living Pac and to a much lesser extent Young Guru and Just Blaze. Certainly more than Big Boi, don't know why he's on the list at all really.

That new Fat Joe is aight. Me, Myself & I was the last Joey I ever listened to and he's one of those rappers I've "had my fill" of. But DAMN that Big Sean is fire, you sir have earned yourself a piece of my time, what's the best Big Sean tape to check out?

Also, I was thinking today about how underrated this album was:

YoungDroBestThangSmokin.jpg

The fuck happened to you, Dro?

Dro = Dru Down Jr..

Tokubetsu

ShinobiFist said:

Time is ticking down on you Shinobi. 21 and no babies yet? If she's trying to keep it hood it won't be a matter of time before she starts dropping babies. Don't you want her first to be yours?

Tokubetsu said:
Time is ticking down on you Shinobi. 21 and no babies yet? If she's trying to keep it hood it won't be a matter of time before she starts dropping babies. Don't you want her first to be yours?
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu.....Need to think of a plan now.

LOZLINK

V nasty is scummy.

Also, Big Krit is retarded. I mean, guy hasn't made a bad song, you can just hear the talent come out of his songs.

IrishNinja

Tokubetsu said:

that would be ideal, but we both know dudes like shinobis end up spending mad c.r.e.a.m. on that child support. cot damn shame.

yo $19/1 liter whiskey over here, looking for anyone who says q-tip aint in there top 10 MC's so i can start a fight. the panel will also accept a lack of premo, pete rock or large professor on your top 15 producahs. that's all it takes.*

*please believe, irish fighting style = all love at family reunions. smacking you online is like saying you can sleep on my futon and knock down my sandcastles at least once nahmean

ps what up tokus/kams/siddx/des/pinko/ezno/yoda/shinobis/kimo/LOZ/blackace/dominos/kjack/detox/RPS/etc i see you, ya'll got a place to sleep in miami, real talk. hold me to this when im sober, watch me honor it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom