• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Blackace said:
Dro = Dru Down Jr..
You don't really know about Dro. Some great songs on that CD.. 100 Yard Dash, Rubberband Banks, Hear Me Cry. Production was incredibly solid too. Just an overall really good album, I stand by it 100%.

Next leak off of Take Care: Marvin's Room - Drake. People are gonna eat this shit up, not feeling it.

And looking at this Big Sean tracklist, it has like all 4 songs I've ever enjoyed from him on it. Good vibes.

ShinobiFist said:
Well, I'm from Harlem and I have friends all over the City, especially QB. New York City as a whole is fine. Even the dangerous spots. Just don't floss expensive shit, and go there late at night(That could be said about any urban area in the world)If anyone from GAF is coming to the City, let me know.
Will do. I mean the reputation of the States is pretty shoddy in terms of crime, but I always thought it might be overstated a bit.

tumblr_ljyob1W1Pr1qhzavho1_500.jpg

EschatonDX said:
wow. that is a dirty cum guzzling no talent hoodrat if i ever seent one.
You just mad cause you ain't smashing it, fool. Get in line SON! Anyway, I posted this albums a few pages back...I finally got to rock all of them....I think I found my playlist for this weekend. That Shaz Illyork is fire. And please folks, get that Skyzoo joint that HighRes posted, too f'ing good.

Al-One (Of Sandpeople) – Talk of the Town (2011)EP

lA7si.jpg

Free album, so grab that shit! If people are not aware of Sandpeople(Toku is a fan)Start googling.
http://www.freshselects.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Al-One-Talk-Of-The-Town-EP.zip

DJ Ezasscul – Basement Classicks(2011)-iTunes
PSVQf.jpg

Tracklist said:
01. Acrylics
02. Inks
03. As Time Goes By feat. Ghostra Nostra
04. Vinyl
05. Take It EZ (cuts by Abstrakt Idea)
06. Put It On (RIP Big L Remix)
07. Steady Vibes feat. Fresh Sly
08. One Take feat. 2mo’key
09. Steady Vibes feat. Fresh Sly (Clean)
10. Steady Vibes (Instrumental)

Shaz Illyork –Air Unlimited(2011)
D8ZLU.jpg

Tracklist said:
01. Intro
02. No Consequence
03. Skeleton Key
04. Strawberry Crush
05. The Yard
06. Low Down (Featuring Meyhem Lauren)
07. Plans
08. Kill Or Be Killed
09. White Owl (Featuring Spit Gemz)
10. Air Unlimited (Scratches by DJ Unexpected)
11. Rugged Elegance (Featuring Action Bronson)
12. Mystic Moves (Featuring Spit Gemz, Timeless Truth & Action Bronson)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGmrOhzK7WE
This album motherfucking bangs, holy shit.

Enlish – Cold Lazarus (2011)
bUy9El.jpg

Tracklist said:
01. Karaoke (Intro)
02. Arrogance Is Bliss – feat.Sean Price, Stig Of The Dump & DJ Manipulate
03. Messed Up -feat.DJ Manipulate
04. I Feel Good
05. CHWOIT!!! feat.Vecks & Scizzahz
06. Dickhead -feat.Daps
07. Only Human
08. Blackout
09. Imagineers Cypher – feat .Dr Syntax, Clev Cleverley, Hines & DJ Manipulate
10. The Brainchild – feat.DJ Manipulate
11. Head In The Clouds
12. Bonus – Blackout (Original MIx)

The 49ers – Musaic (2011)
pDnLhl.jpg

Tracklist said:
01 Intro
02 Brother’s Keeper
03 Do You Know Ft DJ Slice
04 I Wish
05 We’re Live Ft DJ Yasu
06 We Get Drunk
07 Another 49 Hours
08 In The Zone Ft 2mokey & DJ Chika
09 Every Body Needs Somebody
10 I Don’t Know Why Ft Thurro & Hajar
11 Dreamin
12 More Than Friends
13 This Goes Out To You Ft Ray-Law Roshi & DJ Slice
14 Reminisce Ft Acharu & Tribeca

HiResDes said:

nns3d

dskillzhtown said:
Okay this song has completely blown my mind tonight

Black Cobain ft. Wale - Busy Now

From "Young, Black and Gifted".

http://www.mixtapetorrent.com/system/files/younggiftedandblack.jpg

I am jamming that one song everyday for the next month, I know it. Hopefully the rest of the mixtape/album is that good too.

^Is the mixtape any good? I've been meaning to check out Black Cobain for the longest time.

edit: Haha the song you posted has a Coldplay sample, I dig it.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Afrocentric-Asian said:
^Is the mixtape any good? I've been meaning to check out Black Cobain for the longest time.

edit: Haha the song you posted has a Coldplay sample, I dig it.

I am digging the mixtape. Definitely something different with some crazy production quality. I need more listens, but right now I am loving it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
K.Jack said:
Finally listened to Fast Lane.

Damn, Royce is eating Em these days.
Your mind will change when you listen to the rest of Hell: The Sequel. Em trying really hard not to get bodied on his own tracks. And on Loud Noises especially, Joe Budden blacking out like his label deal depends on it.

Finally Famous Vol 3 is pretty solid all around. Still not too fond of the formulaic kind of raps Big Sean brings most of the time, but he has his funny/creative moments.

What's the difference between Trunk Muzik and Trunk Muzik 0-60?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
enzo_gt said:
Your mind will change when you listen to the rest of Hell: The Sequel. Em trying really hard not to get bodied on his own tracks. And on Loud Noises especially, Joe Budden blacking out like his label deal depends on it.

Finally Famous Vol 3 is pretty solid all around. Still not too fond of the formulaic kind of raps Big Sean brings most of the time, but he has his funny/creative moments.

What's the difference between Trunk Muzik and Trunk Muzik 0-60?

0-60 was his album Trunk Muzik was the mixtape. IMO, the mixtape was better than the retail album.

Adn y'all mofos listen to this Black Cobain!!!!

HiResDes

Shaz Illyork is dope as fuck, but I must say I got super annoyed when I heard that "The Kill" sample used for the tenth time...Although the song is tight, I'm just sick of that shit.

JEKKI

some mini reviews of my playlist for yallz;

51SD42q6W6L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Edo G is pretty popular recently. He did a record with Pete Rock, a record with Special Teams, and a record with Masta Ace, and they were all awesome. His new record is really no different and continues his production of high quality music. Edo definitely has an ear for beats, as well as the lyrical content and delivery to do them justice. Definitely one of my favorite albums of the year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU6gasWau4I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSGDJGjgrKk

61xnahVVg2L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

has Large Professor produced a bad beat in the past few years?? He really hasn't... this is the guy who produced The Hardest for Styles P / AZ and Stages for Reks, in addition to released Main Source which was the best hiphop album no one listened to. Beats aside, the emcee is aiite. Good delivery, but lyrically he isnt saying anything you havent already heard 1000 times in old Mobb Deep songs. Regardless it's still great music and definitely a fantastic throwback to old 90s New York street rap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uedonaXJPk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EACnoBVNxKE

I'm listening to other stuff too, but theyre not worth talking about. Just listen to these two coz I highly recommend them!

Recon

Banned
Miri said:
This doesn't really belong in the Gaf-Hop thread, as it's associated by the thinnest of strings. But this is pretty sick. I've had it on in the back for a while now, and something will snatch my attention every once & while.

Dont tell people what should and shouldnt be in the hip-hop thread. If someone found something that other members would like, fucking post it. This isnt much different than The Weeknd being posted. I am really glad he posted it because its very much in the vein of music i like.

vhfive

Did people just skip over the Chiddy Bang mixtape. I haven't seen anyone talk about it which is a shame because I've been bangin it in my car ever since it released like 2 weeks ago.

goes back to lurking

Not really feeling Random Axe to be honest. Kinda wish it was a Sean P solo album; Guilty drops some lackluster verses and Black Milk isn't a great rapper. Production isn't interesting either. Lots of live instrumentation, jamming, unconventional sounds...but very few of the beats make me go dayummm.

m3k

LOZLINK said:
Yup. Song is some classic southern shit. Btw, are you going Wu tang in August?

i should hey i missed out on their random tour a year or two ago that wasnt promoted for shit and i had just spent all my money on the nas concert that was the same week

ive seen ghost, meth, rza, gza and rae seperately so i feel like ive seen em...but i need to go to this... i will buy tickets from someone scalping last minute probably... are you going?

Esch

Banned
LOZLINK said:
Country Shit Remix video has 1 million videos in 3 days. Big Krit is basically blowing up

fuck yea. i expect dude's full length to be good. Hating this trend of dope mixtapes with shitty album followups

05-05-11_orisue_spotted_big_krit_country_shit_remix_video.jpg

kamspy

Complex has that Random Axe streaming. Beats are nice as fuck.

The Dom Kennedy joint posted above is nice too. Great summer joint.

EDIT: Why is Em using swap meet Nate Dogg? That shit is disrespectful as fuck. You don't see Pac's homies having features from all the fake Pacs after he died. That's some real dirt bag shit.

Recon

Banned
kamspy said:
Complex has that Random Axe streaming. Beats are nice as fuck.

The Dom Kennedy joint posted above is nice too. Great summer joint.

EDIT: Why is Em using swap meet Nate Dogg? That shit is disrespectful as fuck. You don't see Pac's homies having features from all the fake Pacs after he died. That's some real dirt bag shit.

To be fair, Dre used fake-Nate on Kush.

kamspy

ReconYoda said:
To be fair, Dre used fake-Nate on Kush.

I thought it went without saying that Dr. Dre's body only exists as a cyborg shell for Interscope's urban music division. Eminem, I thought, was only half way assimilated.

I stand corrected though!

Recon

Banned
I have to say, Royce's line about not fucking with a chick because she said the word "swag" was my favorite from the album.

kamspy said:
I thought it went without saying that Dr. Dre's body only exists as a cyborg shell for Interscope's urban music division. Eminem, I thought, was only half way assimilated.

I stand corrected though!

Yea, i think its a bit in poor taste, but its whatever to me. I have a huge amount of respect for Nate Dogg, but somebody gotta do the the hooks. I rather it be Sly Jordan than Skylar Grey to be honest.

Esch

Banned
spindashing said:
Yeah. Must've posted my last.fm in the last.fm thread but here's mine: http://www.last.fm/user/spindashing

Super compatibility, but I guess as a GAF-HOP member that's expected. :lol

As you can see I was bumping that Bitch Mob Vol 1: Respect the Bitch yesterday while working out. #SWAG

added you son. yea i'd expect even the dudes that i disagree with every time they post to have super compability....been bumpin that new skyzoo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom