• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
kamspy said:
Skyler Grey isn't hearse chasing for a career. Shit is distasteful.

But yeah, "it's whatever", right?

I guess i just dont care that much about who they get for a hook. The song is so good, unlike Kush, that i just go with it. In a perfect world, Nate lives and does hooks for all Aftermath artists(lol just Dre and Em really) and his west coast homies. But like HRD says, i rather the rappers do their own hooks most of the time.

hubes

dskillzhtown said:
Okay this song has completely blown my mind tonight

Black Cobain ft. Wale - Busy Now

From "Young, Black and Gifted".

younggiftedandblack.jpg

I am jamming that one song everyday for the next month, I know it. Hopefully the rest of the mixtape/album is that good too.
thanks for posting this man. after one listen this is one of my favorite releases of the year.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
LOZLINK said:
Country Shit Remix video has 1 million videos in 3 days. Big Krit is basically blowing up

This entire thing about Return of 4ever being free is still puzzling to me. They are trying to get some iTunes cash now with the sampler, but KRIT was here got the buzz already. the retail album better be as good as R4.

kamspy

dskillzhtown said:
This entire thing about Return of 4ever being free is still puzzling to me. They are trying to get some iTunes cash now with the sampler, but KRIT was here got the buzz already. the retail album better be as good as R4.

Thang sure as hell wasn't free for me.

I paid $20 for a 54kbps mp3 rip burnt to a CD signed by one of KRIT's street team.

dskillzhtown

kamspy said:
Thang sure as hell wasn't free for me.

I paid $20 for a 54kbps mp3 rip burnt to a CD signed by one of KRIT's street team.

I remember you posting about your wait for that shitty quality CD. BTW, I did get my T-shirt like 2 weeks after you got your CD. It was really good quality. I was surprised given the complaints about the CD.

Recon

Banned
kamspy said:
You think Royce da 5'9 or Eminem are more talented than Snoop D-O double?

Whoa.

I think Eminem was and has been more talented than Snoop. Snoop took a noticeable dive after Doggystyle. Eminem had arguably three great albums in row, two of which could be considered hip hop classics. There is a reason i only have Doggystyle in my itunes library. But I would put Doggystyle over MMLP and SSLP. But to be honest, i have a biased towards Midwest/eastcoast artists.

Edit: And i would say that both Em and Royce shit all over Kush-Snoop.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Royce and Em are far more talented than Snoop. And I'm a snoop fan who went to bat for him last year when people were calling him washed up.

Royce is hilarious, I think everyone who has a problem with him takes him too seriously. Or is old and senile.

Also I liked Kush, it does bang in the clubs (ask Blackace) and I am looking forward to Detox. So suck my motherfucking dick.

Hootie

peterb0y said:
I still am liking everything that Currency puts out a lot- but all of these tracks are kind of all melding into one, they sort of all sound same-ish to me, for better or worse...

I definitely agree with you there. All of his songs are really consistent and quality although they have a very similar feel to them.

But some of his songs are straight fire.

LOZLINK

m3k said:
i should hey i missed out on their random tour a year or two ago that wasnt promoted for shit and i had just spent all my money on the nas concert that was the same week

ive seen ghost, meth, rza, gza and rae seperately so i feel like ive seen em...but i need to go to this... i will buy tickets from someone scalping last minute probably... are you going?
More than likely, probably won't sell out so I should be alright not buying a ticket right now

siddx

DominoKid said:
tumblr_lmlezmmTP31qgv0d4.jpg

so did people actually like The Renaissance? cause i thought it was just average.

I loved it, biggest surprise of that year for me. I was expecting more amplified level of fuckery or just a bitter old Q-Tip that was no longer relevant.

Stay the fuck away from anything tribe related Kanye. You fuck.

Tokubetsu

siddx said:
I loved it, biggest surprise of that year for me. I was expecting more amplified level of fuckery or just a bitter old Q-Tip that was no longer relevant.

I love how you have to balance each love post with a bit of intense hate.

siddx

kamspy said:
Aren't the norse gods mostly dudes?

They bestow my cock with the power of the gods so I may cleave fair maidens in twain.

Tokubetsu said:
I love how you have to balance each love post with a bit of intense hate.

I'm surprised I have managed love at all to be honest. I'm in a shit fucking mood.

abunai

been a while since i looked around gaf-hop, any of you listened to Zeroh's new mixtape?

unfortunately none of the songs are on youtube so I can only link an older song and of course the free download for the mixtape.

Really enjoying it, although he is a bit..different, I guess. Have I missed many good albums/tapes since late april? I already checked out Death Grips and the new tyler, got something else for me?

HiResDes

abunai said:
been a while since i looked around gaf-hop, any of you listened to Zeroh's new mixtape?

unfortunately none of the songs are on youtube so I can only link an older song and of course the free download for the mixtape.

Really enjoying it, although he is a bit..different, I guess. Have I missed many good albums/tapes since late april? I already checked out Death Grips and the new tyler, got something else for me?
Type in Gaf-Hop Hiresdes April/May Mixtape Review in the search box

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jason's Ultimatum said:
Just listened to Yelawolf's Trunk Muzik for the first time. Only word I can say: awesome.
I just did today as well and it was pretty damn good. Dude's got more talent than I gave him credit for, his emotional-king of songs are pretty damn good too, didn't expect that.

I feel like my tastes are converging too much with those of the GAF-Hop collective D:

HiResDes

siddx said:

SOrry I missed this, but yes The Renaissance was so fucking dope!

dskillzhtown

enzo_gt said:
I just did today as well and it was pretty damn good. Dude's got more talent than I gave him credit for, his emotional-king of songs are pretty damn good too, didn't expect that.

I feel like my tastes are converging too much with those of the GAF-Hop collective D:

Did you listen to the mixtape as well? I liked a few of those tracks more than some of the ones picked for the album.

m3k

LOZLINK said:
More than likely, probably won't sell out so I should be alright not buying a ticket right now

ill letchu know when i go for tickets, i think im obliged to go haha friends of mine went to the last one and they all said it was crazy

i missed out on lauryn hill that year as well, not a great year for shows haha

CRS

HiResDes said:
Thanks for the new Laws, should be interesting : )
So far, I'm really enjoying it. The recording conversations he pulled from the Beatles' Anthology series to create the skits were really well done. Creates a nice illusion.

Much better selection of samples compared to Evidence's tape and the production is top-notch.

Highly recommend it to anyone that enjoyed that Wu-Tang vs. The Beatles mash up and/or Evidence's, I Don't Need Love tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom