• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

Fuck this banging, really love how cohesive it sounds (all produced by Nottz)

rah-digga-classic.png

Digga and Jean Grae are the best female MC's out, and then maybe Eternia.

This is also pretty decent:

20100921-HOTNREADY.jpg

01 OK!
02 HNR (Hot N Ready)
03 6 Feet Deep pt.1
04 SAC! (916)
05 For a Slice
06 Super Nigga 2010
07 Like This f. Zumbi (Zion I)
08 Need That f. C Plus
09 Take Out
10 This One For You
11 Change Em

DL LINK

Edit: The production on that Lee Bannon tape rivals the best shit I've heard all year, but the songs are so fucking short.

HiResDes

Tokubetsu said:
Can't put Eternia as an after thought man. Her and Psalm One are fucking killers.
I don't really like Psalm One, I always thought I could have bodied her even as a battle rapper...And some of her shit just seems so elementary to me. But yeah you are entirely correct about Eternia.

Tokubetsu

HiResDes said:
I don't really like Psalm One, I always thought I could have bodied her even as a battle rapper...And some of her shit just seems so elementary to me. But yeah you are entirely correct about Eternia.

I'll be honest, I haven't listened to her in YEARS but I remember liking that one album she had awhile back. Death of the Frequent Flyer

RPS37

The M.O.B said:
Gilbere Forte - Cold Summer

So dope,

I highly recommend his 87 Dreams Album. It has become one of my favorite albums, some of the best stuff I have heard this year. You can get it for free or buy it on itunes and support him.

Seconded. I'm listening to it daily pretty much. Dude is very talented.

I've been starting to listen to this a lot lately.

Jellyfish_cover.jpg
http://www.mediafire.com/file/h5kdn5gnkig5ig5/Suicide By Jellyfish.zip
JellyfishBackCover.jpg

DL Link

I just really like P.So. I heard about him first on XV's Please, Hold. I just really liked his voice and decided to do a little research. He definitely has a pretty distinct rhyming style.

"Divine rhymes kinda like Einstein/My mind kinda like fine wine/the longer that i grind/the stronger that I shine/the farther that I climb/I alter the timeline."

RPS37 said:
I've been starting to listen to this a lot lately.

Jellyfish_cover.jpg
http://www.mediafire.com/file/h5kdn5gnkig5ig5/Suicide By Jellyfish.zip
JellyfishBackCover.jpg

DL Link

I just really like P.So. I heard about him first on XV's Please, Hold. I just really liked his voice and decided to do a little research. He definitely has a pretty distinct rhyming style.

"Divine rhymes kinda like Einstein/My mind kinda like fine wine/the longer that i grind/the stronger that I shine/the farther that I climb/I alter the timeline."

You should check out one of his older mixtapes "Earthtones"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jcy1yn44w0z

Starts off a little slow, has some guest appearances I don't particularly care for, and some of the beats take time to grow on you but he's pretty sharp with the lyrics and content.

HiResDes said:
The new J.Cole joint for NBA Elite is pretty fucking sick...What an awful looking game though. :lol

That's what happens when the man who started to turn the franchise around goes back home to 2K. 2K11 is going to be a great game.

The M.O.B

McNei1y said:
I'm sure people have already mentioned him but I've grown a weird obsession with Shad's music.

Nothing weird about it, Shad is awesome!

He just needs to work on getting more material out. I had forgotten about him between his last two albums.

HiResDes said:
Fuck this banging, really love how cohesive it sounds (all produced by Nottz)

rah-digga-classic.png

Digga and Jean Grae are the best female MC's out, and then maybe Eternia.
Fucking album is the truth. This and Eternia's album are the fucking album's of this year so far. Production and flow........Bonkers on both of those albums. Follow by CNN's War Report 2 and TSOL.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Is Killa Sin one of the more under-appreciated MCs of all time?

It's too bad he can't stay out of prison.

Dali

I think this was released in January, but I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here. I just discovered it the other day.

05m1S.jpg

This has to be the greatest, most well-done, mash-up album I've heard since Grey.

Listen to this version of Daytona 500. I mean the original is fucking classic, which makes it all the more amazing that they mashed it up and somehow it still works and is almost just as good. I'm not sure I can post links to the entire thing (it's been taken down everywhere), but I'm sure you guys can find it.

Physical copies of Kno's album were pushed back to October 26th (aside from pre-orders) because there was an issue with another album having an identical UPC. And, of all things it could have been, the other album was Soulja Boy's "Swag Flu". The chances of that happening are astronomical :lol

Tokubetsu

OrangeGrayBlue said:
Physical copies of Kno's album were pushed back to October 26th (aside from pre-orders) because there was an issue with another album having an identical UPC. And, of all things it could have been, the other album was Soulja Boy's "Swag Flu". The chances of that happening are astronomical :lol

Yeah. It's one of the saddest things to happen to one of my favorite artists in a minute :lol. I can't even imagine how Kno feels. I know it's not like, the worst thing ever but damn. I would feel completely defeated.

ILikeFeet

Banned
been listening to Das Racist latest tape. I really like this life for some reason:

We not racist we love white people
ford trucks, apple pie, bald eagle
yea, cheetos, doritos, fritos, pringles, kraft singles, slim jims, sierra mist

K.Jack

ILikeFeet said:
been listening to Das Racist latest tape. I really like this life for some reason:

I read this in Cam'rom voice.

Perfect fit! :lol

XV - Vizzy Zone Deluxe Edition

not sure if anyone is interested, still a disappointing tape, but this is the "remastered" version with no dj and extra verses.. Listened to a few tracks and the new mix sounds a lot better, before there was a weird balance between highs and mids and vocals were really far back. odd because XV has never had an issue with mixing like this before, and he himself wasnt happy with the original mix

ILikeFeet said:

I've been bumpin Das Racist since their first mixtape. Their version of Nutmeg is aural crack.

HiResDes

That Das Racist tape has so many hilarious parts...

Anyway, that Wu-Tang Vs. The Beatles mashup is easily my favorite mashup of all time...And I've many excellent ones, including the Grey Album and The Biggie Vs. Frank Sinatra tape. It's flawless, mixed seamlessly.

K.Jack

Sheeeeiiiit.

Wu-Tang Clan Vs. The Beatles is album of the year. If it pops up for sale, I'm buying.

Tokubetsu

HiResDes said:

Fuck yea. I'm glad you guys enjoyed the Novel I posted way back last year. Love him and I don't fuck with stuff like this usually.

Also....I'm not the only one getting the Trigun reference right? I'm such a fucking nerd. :lol

OrangeGrayBlue said:
Quoted for wtf are you waiting for?!

I followed both.

The Rizza

Dali said:
I think this was released in January, but I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here. I just discovered it the other day.

05m1S.jpg

This has to be the greatest, most well-done, mash-up album I've heard since Grey.

Listen to this version of Daytona 500. I mean the original is fucking classic, which makes it all the more amazing that they mashed it up and somehow it still works and is almost just as good. I'm not sure I can post links to the entire thing (it's been taken down everywhere), but I'm sure you guys can find it.

Wow thanks for this. This is so good. Anyone who liked the Grey album will love this, it's better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom