• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

The M.O.B

Gilbere Forte "Im So Appalled", Best artist I think that went over the Appalled beat.

Also, Swizz Beats GTFO, your beats are average, your raps are garbage . Stick to......i dunno making beat for wacka flacka or something.

PBY

Banned
how did swizz get to where he is now and why is kanye all over his dick?

Also, Wu-Massacre is a fucking great album... I was meh on it when I listened to it last year, but I've been bumping it all day, good shit

dvdjamm

No one put up the Kanye unreleased song? From realhiphopsince79.com
This is a track that was supposed to be for Common, with Ye’ on the hook and special guest Ludacris…well sadly it never happened!!!!

Kanye West - Touch It - http://usershare.net/2DopeBoyz/v5unblipfp1j

Here is the full instrumental of the Twista track that leaked a couple of weeks ago…This was actually made for Common as well!!!

Hustlers, Killers, Murders,Drug Dealers - http://www.mediafire.com/?cfmg31c8div9x59

peterb0y said:
how did swizz get to where he is now and why is kanye all over his dick?

Also, Wu-Massacre is a fucking great album... I was meh on it when I listened to it last year, but I've been bumping it all day, good shit

Check the dude's discography. Hes no overnight success. Hes been in the industry for a minute and has worked with and produced hit records for a lot of big names.

Ex:2

Pinko Marx said:
Check the dude's discography. Hes no overnight success. Hes been in the industry for a minute and has worked with and produced hit records for a lot of big names.
and is still wack.

Ex:2 said:
and is still wack.

Well I'm not a huge fan of his either but its not like he just suddenly came into the limelight or anything. IDKY people are surprised that he's working with someone like Kanye.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Ex:2 said:
and is still wack.

I'm not a big fan either, but whether you enjoy that type of hip hop or not, he knows how to make a catchy song. And he has managed to stay big while other producers have fizzled out or lost popularity.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
rah-digga-classic.png

Straight spittin IV is disgusting

brought me back to her 1st album's "Straight Spittin", was just as amazing

RPS37

Pinko Marx said:
Isn't this song old as hell?
Also "your". Ugh.

Apparently it's quite old. Is this a new thing in hip hop now? I see people making videos for old ass songs all the time. There's supposed to be a Mirror's Edge video soon and The Illz said in some interview somewhere that they're making a video for every song on The Pursuit LP.

Isn't improper spelling/grammar like a staple of hip hop titles? :lol

EDIT:

OrangeGrayBlue said:
Played in both speakers for me... great song too.
I think there might be something wrong with your speakers if it doesn't just come out one.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
MCs get fucked up, chopped like Braveheart
Don't start what you can't finish
Serious business

Anyone else miss that mean, raw energy Xbibit?

I just pulled the Soul In The Hole soundtrack out of the crates, and his track 'Los Angeles Times' still bangs.

Dude was spittin nonstop on this track.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Ice cubes new album is a great banger, his beats are as crazy yet as awsome as per :D

ice cube FTW

PBY

Banned
Did I'm Not a Human Being Leak? I'm listening to something, not exactly sure if its the official leak- a bunch of ppl say it did leak tho so maybe my google skills are just not good enough

Tokubetsu

peterb0y said:
Did I'm Not a Human Being Leak? I'm listening to something, not exactly sure if its the official leak- a bunch of ppl say it did leak tho so maybe my google skills are just not good enough

No, it leaked.

The M.O.B

peterb0y said:

Yeah it leaked earlier this morning I think.

I'm not diggin it with my first listen. He put his little young money friends on almost every track, ugh.

PBY

Banned
The M.O.B said:
Yeah it leaked earlier this morning I think.

I'm not diggin it with my first listen. He put his little young money friends on almost every track, ugh.
pretty much my first impression, this could have be We Are Young Money 2.0, same shitty beats and guest spots... also, looking past how old his lyrics have gotten, weezy's voice and flow has also slightly changed since the carter 3, and i really don't like the direction theyve gone

edit: wait, jay sean is on the tape? :lol

PBY

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
Nah. Dopium has a couple good tracks due to guest appearances and decent production, but it's not worth it. Dude's rap style isn't good for full tracks.
noooooooooo that album was awesome, so many great tracks on it, Coke, Dopium, God is Love, etc etc

DominoKid

peterb0y said:
pretty much my first impression, this could have be We Are Young Money 2.0, same shitty beats and guest spots... also, looking past how old his lyrics have gotten, weezy's voice and flow has also slightly changed since the carter 3, and i really don't like the direction theyve gone

edit: wait, jay sean is on the tape? :lol

its entertaining enough to blast out the whip so i can be heard for miles.

dvdjamm

peterb0y said:

10 songs and Drake is on 4 of them?

PBY

Banned
Anyone know who lil twist is, on the track Popular? Was he that little kid in the Wayne documentary?

edit: guess not, according to wiki

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0g7JKfC7RQ

Love this Deck track. BTW, for the past TEN fucking years, I've been looking for a remix version of "Word On the Street" It uses some "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" type sound/Samples. I had it on tape recorded from the WKCR NY Bobitto Show, but lost the tapes. I remember going to FatBeats and asking DJ Eclipse who remix the song because Bobitto never mentioned the playlist for that night, and of course, Eclipse had no clue :mad: So if any of you GAFFERS know what I'm talking about it, POST The Damn SONG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom