• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.
OrangeGrayBlue said:
9th Wonder's great. His first collaboration with Murs is one of my all-time favorite albums.

I thought the Minstrel Show, 3:16, the Listening and God's Stepson were all dope. But since then (2005ish), he definitely fell off. The same old drums. His last two Murs collaborations were pretty poor, as well as the 9th Invented the Remixes. I'd say Khrysis and Nicolay became the hotter producers from the Justice League (sp).

But there are definitely a ton of hot producers out there. EL-P, Necro (sometimes), Kno, Madlib, MF Doom, Primo, Pete Rock, Large Professor, Havoc, RZA (when he decides to), Kanye, Just Blaze, Ron Brownz, Mannie Fresh, Jazze Pha, Timbaland, Pharrell, M-Phazes, Statick Selektah, Green Lantern, DJ Muggs...

Tokubetsu

Spiderjericho said:
I thought the Minstrel Show, 3:16, the Listening and God's Stepson were all dope. But since then (2005ish), he definitely fell off. The same old drums. His last two Murs collaborations were pretty poor, as well as the 9th Invented the Remixes. I'd say Khrysis and Nicolay became the hotter producers from the Justice League (sp).

But there are definitely a ton of hot producers out there. EL-P, Necro (sometimes), Kno, Madlib, MF Doom, Primo, Pete Rock, Large Professor, Havoc, RZA (when he decides to), Kanye, Just Blaze, Ron Brownz, Mannie Fresh, Jazze Pha, Timbaland, Pharrell, M-Phazes, Statick Selektah, Green Lantern, DJ Muggs...

Murray's Revenge was the last time I really dug 9th's Production and that was 06.

celebrity2.jpg

Thats Lloyd Banks Third Single.

Damn Lloyd Banks just cheated his way to a top 40 hit :lol Anything with eminem or akon gets play at pop stations and since it's lloyd banks song it's got urban radio locked up to.

I'm not sure when they're releasing this but it's coming soon

http://youraudiofix.com/2010/09/27/...for-more-2-single-to-feature-eminem-and-akon/

effzee

ThePrivateCookie said:
celebrity2.jpg

Thats Lloyd Banks Third Single.

Damn Lloyd Banks just cheated his way to a top 40 hit :lol Anything with eminem or akon gets play at pop stations and since it's lloyd banks song it's got urban radio locked up to.

I'm not sure when they're releasing this but it's coming soon

http://youraudiofix.com/2010/09/27/...for-more-2-single-to-feature-eminem-and-akon/

I hope its decent. Hate AKON. Hope its not a club song. I was hoping for a good collabo between Lloyd and Eminem.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Dudes.

Kanye's So Appalled ft/ Jay-Z, Pusha T, Swizz, RZA, Cyhi

Shit is dope as hell, and I'm a Kanye hater.

effzee said:
I hope its decent. Hate AKON. Hope its not a club song. I was hoping for a good collabo between Lloyd and Eminem.

It probably going to be a pop song since it's something banks needs to sell to the mainstream, he has HEAVY competition on the 23rd. Kanye, Nick Minaj, Black Eyed Peas, and Ne-Yo.

But theres still hope eminem could be on another song on the album. like eminem produced two tracks for the orignal HFM and did a feature on warrior pt2. Since he doesn't produce anymore i guess he could do a couple features.

HiResDes

Just saw This Is The Life an amazing documentary on the legendary Good Life Cafe in South Central...It really opened my eyes up to how much hip-hop has truly digressed.

RPS37

Anyone check out The Niceguys' album? Might be kinda alright, heard a couple leaks and thought they were okay.

Recon

Banned
ThePrivateCookie said:
It probably going to be a pop song since it's something banks needs to sell to the mainstream, he has HEAVY competition on the 23rd. Kanye, Nick Minaj, Black Eyed Peas, and Ne-Yo.

But theres still hope eminem could be on another song on the album. like eminem produced two tracks for the orignal HFM and did a feature on warrior pt2. Since he doesn't produce anymore i guess he could do a couple features.

Eminem doesnt produce anymore? I mean, he wasnt the worst producer out there, and he seemed to get people to take his beats...?

Jay Sosa

After listening to Vizzy Zone a bit more I don't understand the "hate" AT ALL. I think I even like it mor ethan Everybodys Nobody. Only track I always skip is "Gettin Bizzy", what an awful and annoying beat sounds like something Swizz Beats produced.

But how anyone, who likes XV and his poppy sound and nerdy raps, can be disappointed by songs like "Reset Button"(Talib part is brilliant, makes me want to buy RPM), "We Zonin", "Nevermind", "May the force be with you", "Talk my shit" hell basically every track besides the above mentioned is awesome. Even the Mirrors Edge rmx with Posner grew on me, still think the original is better though. I know you guys are a picky bunch but still.

Eminem doesnt produce anymore? I mean, he wasnt the worst producer out there, and he seemed to get people to take his beats...?

He certainly was one of the worst. And judging by his recent albums he has a horrible ear for beats. Seems like Dre picked the beats for his first two, that's the only way I can explain why they had outstanding production compared to every album after that.

IrishNinja

DaFish said:
My Current ring tone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG03p9fAfn8

be sure to make it to at lease 2:30-2:50

I like that boom bap shit with a little Soul/Jazz flavor

this was right up my alley, gonna check it out. thanks man.

i gotta hear more Minaj before agreeing with the Supa Dupa Fly era Missy likeness - ive heard Monster, that one with mariah and some itty bitty piggy but its mostly silly shit. i mean, she's got a different style, ill give her that...

ive completely slept on kno/Cunninlynguists, where to start?

Pinko Marx said:
9th is just a little too repetitive. Dude is nothing but a sample machine. Switch it up a bit, son.
This comment doesn't make any sense at all. That's the whole point of Hip-Hop fam, taking something and flipping it.

effzee

Jay Sosa said:
He certainly was one of the worst. And judging by his recent albums he has a horrible ear for beats. Seems like Dre picked the beats for his first two, that's the only way I can explain why they had outstanding production compared to every album after that.

Half of SSLP was already recorded before Dre ever got his hands on it. MMLP was Dre but with a mix of other producers. TES was all Eminem outside of 2 songs I think done by Dre. Encore was mostly Eminem again. Relapse was all DRE which Eminem ruined with his accents. Recovery only has 1 Dre produced song.

Depends on the listener. My favorite album of his is SSLP but not because of the production but because of the style he had back then.

Banks is going up against Kanye and Black Eyed Peas? He is going to get buried. Didn't Black Eyed Peas just come out with their last album? Why won't they go away?

Ephemeris

Bowser said:
This dropped at 1:03am last night (yesterday was supposed to be the release date of TM103, but since it looks like it's delayed again Jeezy dropped this instead).
Ah, thanks. Totally forgot about it

Kimosabae

Banned
Pretty sure Em produced "The Way I Am", the soundtrack to my late-teens, which precludes him from being at least absolute garbage when it comes to producing.

DaFish

IrishNinja said:
this was right up my alley, gonna check it out. thanks man.

i gotta hear more Minaj before agreeing with the Supa Dupa Fly era Missy likeness - ive heard Monster, that one with mariah and some itty bitty piggy but its mostly silly shit. i mean, she's got a different style, ill give her that...

ive completely slept on kno/Cunninlynguists, where to start?
Cool,

Be sure to search for the producer's name "Damu the Fudgemunk" for his solo instrumentals.

Jay Sosa

Kimosabae said:
Pretty sure Em produced "The Way I Am", the soundtrack to my late-teens, which precludes him from being at least absolute garbage when it comes to producing.

I just realized that almost all my favorite Em tracks are produced by him and the Bass Brothers (according to Wiki), my world is shattered.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Bowser said:
https://usershare.net/2DopeBoyz/3gt73q5axxk4

This dropped at 1:03am last night (yesterday was supposed to be the release date of TM103, but since it looks like it's delayed again Jeezy dropped this instead).

Thanks for posting, I'll cop it later. WTF is going on with TM103? Did it suck that bad or is it label drama? I thought that Trap or Die 2 would have made for a good commercial release. I am not sure how he has enough quality tracks left over to put a new album out.

HiResDes

After watching "This Is the Life," I've undergone a bit of metamorphosis and lately I've found myself listening to old school jazz-hop a lot more.

These albums are amazing:

mzi.ehkqunmy.170x170-75.jpg

abstract_tribe_unique-underground_fossils.jpg

Haikudetatalbum.jpg

ATeam_labDownUnder.jpg

...I don't know if I'll ever be able to go back to other shit.

so...DJ Shadow is gonna be on tour (and coming to Dallas, woohoo)

Though I wonder if it'll be more Endtroducing/UNKLE DJ Shadow, or Hyphy DJ Shadow, haha

see5harp

Don't worry you'll come around. I used to bump nothing but Freestyle Fellowship and Abstract Rude. I'll still put Book of Human Language in every once in a while.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
kamspy said:
It's like Kanye is trying to sink his own label.
at least the roster is better than jay-z's roc nation.

i mean theres j cole, who is an amazing artist. and then theres will smiths daughter. :lol

Ashhong

Can someone explain what being on GOOD means? I mean, they are still on Def Jam as well arent they? Lupe used to be in Atlantic and GOOD wasnt he? Seemed like GOOD was just a group like G-unit or something

soul creator said:
so...DJ Shadow is gonna be on tour (and coming to Dallas, woohoo)

Though I wonder if it'll be more Endtroducing/UNKLE DJ Shadow, or Hyphy DJ Shadow, haha

DJ Shadow is actually coming to ATL for the A3C.
CAN NOT WAIT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom