• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.
see5harp said:
First album is rap and it's good. I don't even know what the second album is, but I didn't like it.

*slap* Don't let me hear that talk outta you again!

Also, their newest album has Nicolay's best production yet, I'd say.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Is that Kno album out yet? I listened to a prerelease track earlier in this thread and enjoyed. Yet I honestly forgot all about it.

Ashhong

Tokubetsu said:
J.Cole hasn't released a shit track so far. Sad that we probably wont see an actual album for a WHILE.

Why is that? What's the word on the album?

I'm On It may be one of my favorite releases. Damn

OrangeGrayBlue said:
*slap* Don't let me hear that talk outta you again!

Also, their newest album has Nicolay's best production yet, I'd say.

Not from what I've heard. City Lights vol 1.5 is his very best. The first foreign exchange album being a close second.

HiResDes

I'm loving the latest Doom track, can't wait for the album.

Edit: The one I posted above, and also there's a new version of Angels out that is pretty sick.

Banks.jpg

damn every album has tons of features now, first Jay-z, then drake, then ross.

So, is that because:

a.) Guys think they can't carry an entire album by themselves?

b.)They love paying multiple artists a hefty appearance fee?

c.) They're afraid that people will simply become bored with one voice on a dozen tracks?

d.) ???

Dreams-Visions said:
So, is that because:

c.) They're afraid that people will simply become bored with one voice on a dozen tracks?

d.) ???

it's A)

I think it's all a big circle jerk, since we've left the "Beef era" now it's the "make a track and grab all your "friends", so we can sell the album to every market" era :lol

still it should be a dope album i'd guess the rnb features are for the hooks since no one wants to hear banks sing. lol

What happened to holding your own, on album like the blueprint, Get rich, the original HFM, the MMLP? the most features those albums had were from their own camp, i guess that went out the window with album sales... :lol

h3ro

ThePrivateCookie said:
it's A)

I thinks it's all a big circle jerk, since we've left the "Beef era" now it's the "make a track and grab all your "friends", so we can sell the album to every market" era :lol

The Lebronification of Hip-Hop.

dvdjamm

With all the Pusha T appearances and Malice finishing up the book that he authored,Does it mean no more Clipse? Will Malice come out with some solo material as well? I still have hope of a Clipse/Jay-Z song called Powder produced by Just Blaze...Oh well

DominoKid

Dreams-Visions said:
So, is that because:

d.) ???

d) features are cool.
i like to see people working and building with their peers.

Dreams-Visions said:
So, is that because:

d.) ???

as a "hobbyist" rapper, I wonder if it's a). Sometimes I just get lazy as shit and don't want to write anymore :lol

I'm a little torn on songs featuring various rappers. On one hand I prefer the Illmatic style of an artist introducing or expressing himself for the majority of the album to create a coherent portrait of himself. On the other hand as a big Wu Tang fan there's no denying a dope posse is amazing. And I also like the idea of rappers going toe to toe with each other, like Biggie and Meth on The What.

But often in modern hip hop it doesn't even sound like the rappers are trying to one up each other. A feature just for the sake of having a popular rapper on your shit=pass

131.jpg

Part 1: http://hulkshare.com/lht8hvletmde
Part 2: http://hulkshare.com/gib3wxmso218

http://www.inflexwetrust.com/2010/1...ss-nicki-vs-kim-game-back-to-g-unit-and-more/

Great Interview, he said he was surprised he was on the BET list, because people hate him so much. He pretends to be a lunatic on twitter because thats what you guys want to see. How Interscope & other record labels use him as a go to beef guy to promote other artist (Game). Working With Jadakiss, His 200 Million dollar movie deal, working with electric companies. he spoke on a lot more too..."The Notorious ROSS" & Flex is suck a dickrider :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom