• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

Dreams-Visions said:
because she's improved in quality? or because it's so easy to do (like picking on the handicapped kid in class)?

no because its repetitive. its only so many times you can hear her detractors until theyre just as boring.

im not really a fan of artists throwing stones at other people in general. focus on your own shit instead of being bitter and salty.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
DominoKid said:
no because its repetitive. its only so many times you can hear her detractors until theyre just as boring.

im not really a fan of artists throwing stones at other people in general. focus on your own shit instead of being bitter and salty.

You just say that because you're tired of people taking shots at that douchebag in your avatar.

RJT

HiResDes said:
I have no idea how or why this is sooo good, but I don't care

front.jpg

Tracklisting
01. Intro to Thee Green Magic [prod. Commissioner Gordon]
02. One 4 the Money (ft. Donnis) [prod. Eric G.]
03. True Talent (ft. Add-2 & Phil Adé) [prod. Thee Band Geeks]
04. A Tribe Called Pat [prod. Thee Band Geeks]
05. I’m Grinnin’ [prod. 9th Wonder]
06. Fresh & Fly (ft. 9thmatic & Khrysis) [prod. Vitamin D]
07. So Outrageous (ft. GQ) [prod. Thee Band Geeks & The Don]
08. Epic Beard Man [prod. Khrysis]
09. Around I Go (ft. Deacon the Villain of CunninLynguists) [prod. Kno]
10. Take Em to… (ft. Yelawolf) [prod. 9th Wonder]
11. A Different League (ft. Skyzoo) [prod. 9th Wonder]
12. Always in Command [prod. 9th Wonder]
13. Gibraltar Rock (ft. Slimm Calhoun) [prod. The Letter C]
14. Isn’t That Swell??? [prod. Thee Band Geeks]
15. F*ck B*tches Get Money 2010 (ft. Big Remo & TP) [prod. Truss-1]
16. Off The Radar (ft. Euro) [prod. Eric G]
17. Your Favorites (ft. Rapsody) [prod. E. Jones]

LINK

...DOWNLOAD NOW, I'm having a hip-hop-gasm over here
Thank you sir. Loving it so far.

Caught J. Cole in concert last night and he performed some songs from Friday Night Lights :D Pretty cool, although his voice was getting pretty raw towards the end :lol Good stage presence and a good crowd- everyone knew the Friday Night Lights stuff already. Only thing I was hoping to hear that he didn't do was Villmatic, but that's not really a concert song I guess.

hubes

is anybody else really looking forward to Spitta's Pilot Talk 2? i loved pilot talk 1 and it's awesome hes releasing two albums within a few months of each other. and it's pretty amazing it hasn't leaked yet since it's dropping on the 22nd.

DominoKid said:
no because its repetitive, record skipping. its only so many times you can hear her detractors until theyre just as boring, wild pigging

im not really a fan of artists throwing stones at other people in general, armies. focus on your own shit instead of being bitter and salty, Lawry's

fixed

Tokubetsu

hubes said:
is anybody else really looking forward to Spitta's Pilot Talk 2? i loved pilot talk 1 and it's awesome hes releasing two albums within a few months of each other. and it's pretty amazing it hasn't leaked yet since it's dropping on the 22nd.

Got that shit on pre-order man. Pilot Talk is one of my favorite rap albums this year.

Slizz

HiResDes said:
I think this is one of the few times I've disagreed with you guys, I think Webbie is pretty garbage. I think I'd rather be forced to listen to Plies.
Lol I don't think hes all that great, but his beats ride and his voice is somewhat unique. Plus this brings me back to when I was younger when Youngbloodz and Lil Jon were the CD's to bump

EDIT:
pilottalk2.jpg

This CD rides, I'm in the perfect mindstate to listen and damn I'm feelin it.

PBY

Banned
Slizz said:
Lol I don't think hes all that great, but his beats ride and his voice is somewhat unique. Plus this brings me back to when I was younger when Youngbloodz and Lil Jon were the CD's to bump

EDIT:
pilottalk2.jpg

This CD rides, I'm in the perfect mindstate to listen and damn I'm feelin it.
PT 2 is out?!

HiResDes

I'm more hyped for Quest's album than I am for a lot of bigger mainstream artists, even including guys like Lupe, and I yes I love Lupe.

Nabs

i guess saigon is finally releasing his lp. luckily i'm not overhyped like i was years back, so this will probably be a nice surprise

he released a vid with two tracks, one being that saigon vs just blaze from a while back. the one track is grrrrreaaaaattt

http://vimeo.com/16942993

Hahahaha. Little too late for that Saigon, your ship has sailed bro.
He did put out some great mixtapes back in the day, though...Might have to redownload one or two.

Btw, speaking of rappers who let their buzz COMPLETELY die without releasing much of anything, what is Papoose doing these day?

Tokubetsu

Pinko Marx said:
Hahahaha. Little too late for that Saigon, your ship has sailed bro.
He did put out some great mixtapes back in the day, though...Might have to redownload one or two.

Btw, speaking of rappers who let their buzz COMPLETELY die without releasing much of anything, what is Papoose doing these day?

Good music can be appreciated no matter when it drops :lol
I'm sure he's just happy to get it out, even if it won't sell/blow him up like he had hoped.

Tokubetsu said:
Good music can be appreciated no matter when it drops :lol
I'm sure he's just happy to get it out, even if it won't sell/blow him up like he had hoped.

Not saying it won't be appreciated. It just won't move ANY units. At all.

Am I the only one to notice that B.o.B referenced a Paramore song after that Hayley line? "The Only Exception"

...Yeah, maybe I should not have said that in a Hip Hop thread. :lol

spindashing said:
Am I the only one to notice that B.o.B referenced a Paramore song after that Hayley line? "The Only Exception"

...Yeah, maybe I should not have said that in a Hip Hop thread. :lol

I rock the shit out of "That's What You Get" on Rock Band though. I can't hate

whoooooooaaaaaaaaaaa. That's what you get...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
This new N.E.R.D. album is letdown... its okay, but I think I need a few E pills before I'd really be able to enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom