• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

naHTk.jpg

Fuuuuuuuuuuck. This shit is so god damn hard.

On the subject of JayE, Roc Nation is supposedly based on like touring so that is how they will make money off of him, by taking a cut of that. It's probably a 360 deal too so RN will take a bit of everything.

That's really Jay's main hustle though. The only music he ever sold = Exhibit A and C really. He'll probably release an album via Roc Nation but everyone knows he will not sell that much....I`m sure Jay-Z knows too.

effzee

So apparently that "I Need A Doctor" track is for the Recovery Re-release AND might also be on Detox. The re-release is going to be titled Revival and have 7 tracks (the two Royce tracks plus the I Need A Doctor plus 4 more new songs).

HiResDes

Slizz said:
Thank you for this. Savage Life was my theme music for freshman year of college and I've loved pretty much everything he has put out since.

I think this is one of the few times I've disagreed with you guys, I think Webbie is pretty garbage. I think I'd rather be forced to listen to Plies.

HiResDes

I have no idea how or why this is sooo good, but I don't care

front.jpg

Tracklisting
01. Intro to Thee Green Magic [prod. Commissioner Gordon]
02. One 4 the Money (ft. Donnis) [prod. Eric G.]
03. True Talent (ft. Add-2 & Phil Adé) [prod. Thee Band Geeks]
04. A Tribe Called Pat [prod. Thee Band Geeks]
05. I’m Grinnin’ [prod. 9th Wonder]
06. Fresh & Fly (ft. 9thmatic & Khrysis) [prod. Vitamin D]
07. So Outrageous (ft. GQ) [prod. Thee Band Geeks & The Don]
08. Epic Beard Man [prod. Khrysis]
09. Around I Go (ft. Deacon the Villain of CunninLynguists) [prod. Kno]
10. Take Em to… (ft. Yelawolf) [prod. 9th Wonder]
11. A Different League (ft. Skyzoo) [prod. 9th Wonder]
12. Always in Command [prod. 9th Wonder]
13. Gibraltar Rock (ft. Slimm Calhoun) [prod. The Letter C]
14. Isn’t That Swell??? [prod. Thee Band Geeks]
15. F*ck B*tches Get Money 2010 (ft. Big Remo & TP) [prod. Truss-1]
16. Off The Radar (ft. Euro) [prod. Eric G]
17. Your Favorites (ft. Rapsody) [prod. E. Jones]

LINK

...DOWNLOAD NOW, I'm having a hip-hop-gasm over here

Kronotech

effzee said:
So apparently that "I Need A Doctor" track is for the Recovery Re-release AND might also be on Detox. The re-release is going to be titled Revival and have 7 tracks (the two Royce tracks plus the I Need A Doctor plus 4 more new songs).

I like this news. Although I wish he would stop re-releasing his albums, and just give us a 7 track small album or something.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
HiResDes said:
That shit is so fucking silly, if you're gonna tell shit at least have the balls to reveal their names...If you're not, then keep that shit to yourself. What's the point?

The 3 or 4 he didn't name pissed me off but the others he named were amusing and interesting

HiResDes

siddx said:
The 3 or 4 he didn't name pissed me off but the others he named were amusing and interesting
The DMX one instantly reminded me of the scene in Training Day/Wayne Brady.

Edit: Dude maybe this is sad, but I really like that Drake parody song :lol

siddx

HiResDes said:
The DMX one instantly reminded me of the scene in Training Day/Wayne Brady.

Edit: Dude maybe this is sad, but I really like that Drake parody song :lol

the one of Kanye having a shitfit in the virgin musicstore because his album wasn't listed on the board had me cracking up too.

effzee

HiResDes said:
That shit is so fucking silly, if you're gonna tell shit at least have the balls to reveal their names...If you're not, then keep that shit to yourself. What's the point?

Sort of like rappers who call out other rappers but then in interviews never name the rapper.

effzee said:
Sort of like rappers who call out other rappers but then in interviews never name the rapper.
I think that lesson was learned in the past when a writer for The Source got his ass beat for criticizing a rapper.

effzee

Dreams-Visions said:
I think that lesson was learned in the past when a writer for The Source got his ass beat for criticizing a rapper.

Well I meant I hate when rappers call out other rappers but then try to act clever or coy about it by not mentioning the name. Nikki Minaj is obviously calling out LiL Kim in that Roman's Revenge song but she came out and said its not about her. Really? Grow some balls Nikki.

HiResDes

And the whole Young Jeezy thing where he calls out Rick Ross, gets confronted, and denies it only to talk more shit later is so fucking ridiculous and bitch-like.

siddx

effzee said:
Well I meant I hate when rappers call out other rappers but then try to act clever or coy about it by not mentioning the name. Nikki Minaj is obviously calling out LiL Kim in that Roman's Revenge song but she came out and said its not about her. Really? Grow some balls Nikki.

Considering her busted ass face I am pretty sure she is already rocking a pair of hairy balls.

effzee

siddx said:
Considering her busted ass face I am pretty sure she is already rocking a pair of hairy balls.

You know I am warming up to her. Some of her new stuff is not half bad. Like the new song with Kanye is pretty damn good. Don't care about how she looks but besides Jean Grae she is the only female rapper I can listen to at least check the song out.

effzee said:
You know I am warming up to her. Some of her new stuff is not half bad. Like the new song with Kanye is pretty damn good. Don't care about how she looks but besides Jean Grae she is the only female rapper I can listen to at least check the song out.
I gave her new album 2 listens.

I can't see myself turning this album on ON PURPOSE. It's not that it's offensively bad...but it's not good enough for me to find myself thinking, "damn...I really want to hear that Pink Friday right now..."

Album gets points for overall production quality...but isn't really my speed...and to say the lyrics are "forgettable" in general is an understatement.

siddx

effzee said:

Can't stand her. I hate the way she raps with her fucking goofy ass voices. I want to strangle her.

siddx said:
Can't stand her. I hate the way she raps with her fucking goofy ass voices. I want to strangle her.
I'd like to strangle her on principle alone.

Everything about her character is fake. Her on-stage act, her physical assets, her mood. Hopefully she's not a snapshot into what the future of this industry looks like.

effzee

Dreams-Visions said:
I gave her new album 2 listens.

I can't see myself turning this album on ON PURPOSE. It's not that it's offensively bad...but it's not good enough for me to find myself thinking, "damn...I really want to hear that Pink Friday right now..."

Album gets points for overall production quality...but isn't really my speed...and to say the lyrics are "forgettable" in general is an understatement.

Oh I am not buying it or even downloading it but when a Nikki song or feature comes on the radio I don't feel like flipping the station. Her verses here and there are impressive and I don't mind the voice change ups. In fact she has to do something different to stand out. Overly sexed up female rapper has been done and doesn't work/wouldn't work unless you are extremely attractive and sexy. None of these female rappers are. And even worse is when female rappers try to act hard or gangsta. In that sense I can listen to Nikki.

effzee said:
Dude, Eternia and Rah Digga have new albums out. And, they KILL anything Nicki The Tampon has out, or will ever put out. Look for, "Eternia & Moss-At Last-2010 and "Rah Diggas-Classic-2010" Get rid of that tampon, son.

ShinobiFist said:
Dude, Eternia and Rah Digga have new albums out. And, they KILL anything Nicki The Tampon has out, or will ever put out. Look for, "Eternia & Moss-At Last-2010 and "Rah Diggas-Classic-2010" Get rid of that tampon, son.
woah woah...Rah put out a new album??

mind blown.

siddx

Dreams-Visions said:
I'd like to strangle her on principle alone.

Everything about her character is fake. Her on-stage act, her physical assets, her mood. Hopefully she's not a snapshot into what the future of this industry looks like.

During that award show on MTV (movie one I think) when she was on stage with Katy Perry, standing there making stupid fucking facial expressions...if I had been in the audience I don't think I could have restrained myself from jumping on stage and kicking her in the face.

effzee

ShinobiFist said:

Ill check it out but I never got into Rah Digga. Ill give it a try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom